First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hope this is true. I love the Avalanche and Desert Gray colors. And I hate they are often reserved for higher-level trims. Besides pure profit, is there any LOGISTICAL reason Ford doesn't make all colors available for all TRIMS? I mean, I feel like if they can get SAS on every trim, why not every color?
Totally agree. Id hop on Desert Sand in an instant. Even Avalanche gray. Im glad it seems they are at lease keeping cactus because I do love that color too.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That azure gray looks interesting. I have never seen a blue with a pearlescent mid-coat.
Ford has shown that they will not re-do past colors, but will do a homage (erection green being inspired by Mallard for example).

Azure will likely be a modern version of Brittany Blue as the color in a modern water based paint is just the same blue used on Prius.

Will be fun as a tri-coat but it's sad to see Cyber Orange rotate away.

Keeping with Fords tradition, tri-coats have a 2-year model run before retirement. It makes sense as it's a pay-wall color.

IMHO, replacing Area 51 with a blueish tri-coat is a great decision, I just with there were more loud colors alongside the endless March of grayscale colors. Bringing back AMBlack will make dozens happy, but why do you need two black paint colors? (Seriously, WHY?????)

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If real and I got bumped from 21 -> 22 -> 23 and Area 51 is no longer an option, I'm going to be pissed.

I'll switch to Hot Pepper Red, but I will still be pissed.
Azure gray is very similar A51 and looks nothing like that color swatch.

344854-ce22d125e3a45be0f1a7c8d0453d9688.png

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find with myself and others in my personal life, if theyā€™re told something isnā€™t available then itā€™s coveted even more than when it was available. I was like that with Antimatter Blue.

i wanted it, but was still thinking of other colors (Velocity Blue and Rapid Red), then when they took it away i wanted it even more! Lol.

Iā€™m now content with Eruption Green or Velocity Blue and not sweating which color is available or not. When Iā€™m able to get one, Iā€™ll make the choice.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought Area 51 and Azure gray were the same color?

Like jet fighter and cactus?

Am I wrong, whatā€™s the difference?
Itā€™s a tricoat. May be interesting

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I updated my original comment. Since i only have the complimentary version I wont have access to see everything on the 2023's but from what I can see Velocity Blue is being replaced with Atlas Blue and they are adding Avalanche Gray. All other colors are staying the same for the Maverick.
Iā€™m a pretty big fan of Velocity Blue. My favorite was Lightning Blue. I think Atlas Blue will look pretty awesome. As Iā€™m pushed to 2023, Atlas Blue is going to be hard not order, heheā€¦.

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 7/15/20 reservation holder that still does not have a build date, the fact that they are removing Cyber Orange makes me furious.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find with myself and others in my personal life, if theyā€™re told something isnā€™t available then itā€™s coveted even more than when it was available. I was like that with Antimatter Blue.

i wanted it, but was still thinking of other colors (Velocity Blue and Rapid Red), then when they took it away i wanted it even more! Lol.

Iā€™m now content with Eruption Green or Velocity Blue and not sweating which color is available or not. When Iā€™m able to get one, Iā€™ll make the choice.
So true! Ha. I envy your disposition here. It's tough when you place an order, get it in your head that THAT is the thing you will be getting, and then all of a sudden, nope, it's gone...although technically you never really had it to begin with. Nonetheless, I still feel Ford should fill existing orders as they are placed instead of just changing the options, allowing new orders (so that those folks can wait), and then having to go through the hassle of making existing customers reorder. They are in some ways perpetuating their own problem.

Sponsored

brantleybryant789

Badlands
First Name
Brantley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So true! Ha. I envy your disposition here. It's tough when you place an order, get it in your head that THAT is the thing you will be getting, and then all of a sudden, nope, it's gone...although technically you never really had it to begin with. Nonetheless, I still feel Ford should fill existing orders as they are placed instead of just changing the options, allowing new orders (so that those folks can wait), and then having to go through the hassle of making existing customers reorder. They are in some ways perpetuating their own problem.
Yeah, I can see that too. I keep an idea of i like 2-3 different available colors the chances of being without one of those colors is very small. Then i donā€™t have to go through the angst of Ford removing the one color Iā€™m counting on.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m a pretty big fan of Velocity Blue. My favorite was Lightning Blue. I think Atlas Blue will look pretty awesome. As Iā€™m pushed to 2023, Atlas Blue is going to be hard not order, heheā€¦.
I think I was looking at the Maverick paint, heheā€¦.
Sponsored