Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not one regret going with the Lux package. The high package offers the most bang for your buck, but I do a lot of highway driving and really wanted the adaptive cruise control.

If I remember correctly, it was about $2000 more than the high package and a $3500 upgrade over mid-package. Given that I will be over 35,000 miles this year, having the Lux package was totally worth the 10 cents a mile it cost me.

Did I need it? No, I could have kept driving my 250k miles 2011 F-150 XL with roll down windows, no power locks, bench seat, and rubber floors.

However, driving the Bronco 12 hours every weekend is much more relaxing than driving the F-150. It is no contest when it comes to driving comfort (and safety from the perspective of the electronic aids). Although the F-150 did remarkably well when deer tested at 80MPH towing a 25' boat. I don't think that the Bronco would have survived as well.
Driving 35K a year and choosing a Bronco for that task? That’s a bold decision! It’s comfortable enough for it of course and the height is nice too. Fuel cost and noise hurt a bit obviously. You might wind up with the highest mileage Bronco and should get some official award and discount on your next one.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Driving 35K a year and choosing a Bronco for that task? That’s a bold decision! It’s comfortable enough for it of course and the height is nice too. Fuel cost and noise hurt a bit obviously. You might wind up with the highest mileage Bronco and should get some official award and discount on your next one.
23.5 MPG on the highway isn't bad.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition (Badlands) Units to be Produced. Unlimited (Big Bend) Heritage Editions IMG_20220413_184145

Wind noise, after working with the hardtop is acceptable, exhaust noise at 80 MPH, totally liveable.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Howdy, I haven’t read all the threads. But just to confirm the Limited only comes in 4 door? I’ve got a short attention span. 😄
Nope, they only showed the 5 door as a heritage limited in the press release, but the text inside the release says it's available on both the 3 and 5 doors (2 and 4 passenger egress doors plus the swing gate), so it's going to be available on both body styles of the Bronco plus the Bronco Sport.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

23.5 MPG on the highway isn't bad.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition (Badlands) Units to be Produced. Unlimited (Big Bend) Heritage Editions IMG_20220413_184145

Wind noise, after working with the hardtop is acceptable, exhaust noise at 80 MPH, totally liveable.
Very impressive - premium octane? It all comes down to $$ / gallon at the end of the day. It's definitely not bad - especially for this kind of heavy brick shaped vehicle, but it's also not good.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very impressive - premium octane? It all comes down to $$ / gallon at the end of the day. It's definitely not bad - especially for this kind of heavy brick shaped vehicle, but it's also not good.
Regular gas with whatever ethanol might have been in it. I suspect that no ethanol gas does result in increased mpg.

Name a brick shaped high clearance vehicle that gets better mpg? Jeep? LOL, compare jeep 392 with the Bronco. I might add that the Bronco gets better mileage than my F-150 or F355.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I decided to 99 my order that might get pulled this week but not delivered until 2023, and switch to a 2-door HE. Before the release I drooled over the resto-mod Gen1s but they cost $100K to build a basic one. Now Ford will pretty much do it for me for $45K? I'm in!

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
cactus gray is gonna look tremendous in this livery!!!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nothing “official”, but very solid evidence that Cyber Orange and Area 51 are gone, replaced by Antimatter Blue (redux) and Azure Gray Metallic on standard Broncos. Anything else is for special editions only (Yellowstone, Robin’s Egg Blue, Peak Blue, Code Orange, Desert Sand…)

I’m not aware of any announcements about Leadfoot Gray, even though we saw a pic of one with Heritage-style equipment, so… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m praying so hard for leadfoot gray. Waiting patiently for any news on it. The bronco pic that surfaced with leadfoot gray is giving me hope.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I decided to 99 my order that might get pulled this week but not delivered until 2023, and switch to a 2-door HE. Before the release I drooled over the resto-mod Gen1s but they cost $100K to build a basic one. Now Ford will pretty much do it for me for $45K? I'm in!
Will it be that price though? I thought it was going to be more like 60

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will it be that price though? I thought it was going to be more like 60
The Heritage (Big Bend Edition) with the 7sp Manual will be in the $45K ballpark. The Heritage Limited will start at $68K.

Sponsored

JSBBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can you please tell me how you 99’d your order? I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they insisted that they couldn’t go higher than a priority code 19. Would greatly appreciate any help as I want to do the same (priority code 99) so I can switch to a 23 Heritage Limited

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Can you please tell me how you 99’d your order? I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they insisted that they couldn’t go higher than a priority code 19. Would greatly appreciate any help as I want to do the same (priority code 99) so I can switch to a 23 Heritage Limited
Maybe he's misunderstanding what a 99 is? It's a LOWER priority, not higher. Sounds like he thinks you want to get a higher priority. Sometimes you have to talk real slow to these guys.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe he's misunderstanding what a 99 is? It's a LOWER priority, not higher. Sounds like he thinks you want to get a higher priority. Sometimes you have to talk real slow to these guys.
It depends on if Ford will allow them to change the priority code once the order is entered beyond the standard range of 10-19 or if they have to contact their zone rep to get it changed, and in that case they may be too lazy to get in contact with the zone rep

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to do the same (priority code 99) so I can switch to a 23 Heritage Limited
Just so your expectations are grounded in reality, Ford is only building 1966 Heritage Limited's. There are over 3000 Ford dealers in the US. There will be no "switching" to a Limited, it will most likely be a lottery system followed by high bidder.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just so your expectations are grounded in reality, Ford is only building 1966 Heritage Limited's. There are over 3000 Ford dealers in the US. There will be no "switching" to a Limited, it will most likely be a lottery system followed by high bidder.
It's 1966, but they didn't say if it's 1966 2 + 4 doors together or 1966 each of the 2 door and 4 door, but it does say "Ford will build just 1,966 units of each Heritage Limited Edition model to commemorate the year the original Bronco debuted."

So is it 1966 combined or 3932 (1996 2 door + 1966 4 door)? Only after the builds are tallied up will we really know.

Until we get clarity around that assume the worst, but they did the same thing with the Bronco First Edition and planned initially to only build 3500 total, but they goofed up the reservation process and allowed for 7000 reservations total (3500 each 2/4 door).
Sponsored