MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than adding the optional V8 and offering soft top 2 doors I haven't heard of any other major changes
Kidding aside, there is a news article put out today that shows Ford testing the V8 Jeep ,which leads to speculation of a V8 option in the Bronco. Ford Authority is the site for the article.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you're thinking about a 2023 you might as well start thinking about 2024 or 2025.

I'm on the fence about selling mine and ordering another one when a hybrid or EVB drops and my wife said point blank, "I will not listen to you talk about Broncos for another 3 years"
Shoot, you're wife has decades to go! My wife's been dealing with my Bronco obsession since we started dating back in 1987 when I acquired my '77.

And I can't decide if I'm grabbing a Lightning (PU) or whenever they electrify the Bronco. One of the two will happen, m'thinks.

Crusher

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX E Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than adding the optional V8 and offering soft top 2 doors I haven't heard of any other major changes
There won't be a V8 for 2023. If there was they would've put it in the Raptor.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shoot, you're wife has decades to go! My wife's been dealing with my Bronco obsession since we started dating back in 1987 when I acquired my '77.

And I can't decide if I'm grabbing a Lightning (PU) or whenever they electrify the Bronco. One of the two will happen, m'thinks.
I would be selling mine now for a......*ducks*.......model 3 LR.

I'm not there yet, but it's trending in that direction.

EDIT: Believe me, it's hard to type that with conviction. I waited 20 years to buy a wrangler/bronco. Finally got my Bronco and I had placed an order for a Model 3 in January when my bronco hit Ice Mountain.

Model 3 LRs now cost $5,500 more than what I would pay. Bronco is worth $10k more than what I paid.

Somtimes the head has to make a decision the heart doesn't want to.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am back interested in ordering a bronco after taking some time off. It sounds like my only option will be a 2023 model. I searched "2023" but couldn't find anything about the 2023 model here on the forums. Does anyone know if details have been released? Are there any changes, new trims, etc? Any idea when 2023 orders will begin or when the earliest delivery could be? I am a day 1, July 13, reservation holder that has been deferring for a Raptor. Unfortunately, Ford's process for Raptors means I won't get one any time soon.
Not trying to be rude so I apologize if it sounds this way. Don't get your hopes up for a 2023 model when you order a 2023 model. Ford may not care about order dates etc but unless you're looking for a bare bones bronco or you win the lottery the likelyhood of you getting your order is slim. I'd expect to get it in 2024 if you order 2023 at the earliest. Again, I don't intended to sound rude. Just want you to understand the reality of the shit show that is being a bronco order holder.

As far as news rumors go,

It's said the switch over to 2023 models will happen in Nov 2022. Donno if that means order banks will open that same time or not. If it was up to me I'd make sure no new orders were placed at all until all existing orders were filled. But I'm not Ford.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
There won't be a V8 for 2023. If there was they would've put it in the Raptor.
There's always got to be at least one that doesn't get it 😁

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought there was a thread going that stated order banks will open back up in August for 2023s and first deliveries will be in mid/late December.
That’s doubtful. Last year the cut over to produce MY22 was 12-20-21. I’m betting the same this year. I think they will push as hard as they can to get all MY22’s that they can put the door before swapping to MY23

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have mentioned…. no official details. But here are my speculations:
  • Order banks should open sometime in late September.
  • Production should start mid-to-late December.
  • The painted MOD hard top should become available.
    • If this turns out to be true, good chance the special trim for 2023 will be a heritage Bronco. It’ll likely just to be an appearance package with a few extra stuff thrown in, similar to what they did with the Everglades.
  • Only a few minor changes. Ford has plenty of outstanding orders from 2021 that have yet to be filled, so good chance they won’t make any major changes until those 2021 orders are filled.
  • For those who don’t have the 2021 model year price protection, I would expect a fairly substantial MSRP bump. Inflation and supply shortages are a bitch.
Overall the most exciting thing for 2023 coming out of Michigan Assembly will probably be the new generation of the Ford Ranger. But 2024/2025 should be a lot more interesting for the Bronco. Good chance we’ll see mid-generation refreshes one of those two years, which increases the chances of seeing more substantial changes.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are adding flux capacitors to the 2023 Sasquatch packages. Optimum performance will be at 85 MPH for all SAS models.
Ooooh, time travel.... so that's why you don't get your 2021 bronco until 2022 and your 2022 until 2023. Everything makes so much sense now, our broncos keep jumping further and further into the future!

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the way things have been going the past 2 years you can probably guarantee less options, more downgrades. Paint colors would be a +.
Anthony, you forgot to add "Price Increase". :)

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kidding aside, there is a news article put out today that shows Ford testing the V8 Jeep ,which leads to speculation of a V8 option in the Bronco. Ford Authority is the site for the article.
I wouldn't hold your breath on there being a V8 in 2023. It could possibly be for the refresh in a couple years.🤔

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only thing I have heard about is the Heritage Edition that looks like it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

But I do think it will stick out though as there's not many people wrapping/painting everything they can in white screaming retro.

<---- Sneak preview

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are adding flux capacitors to the 2023 Sasquatch packages. Optimum performance will be at 85 MPH for all SAS models.
Do you mean 88mph perhaps?
Sponsored