North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any chance the old pic that we saw of the Regular Cab Short Bed F150 IS the Bronco Raptor. That is, a full size F150 frame version of the Bronco becomes the Bronco Raptor, and we now have three Bronco Sizes (Bronco Sport, Bronco, Bronco Raptor). As others have said, the Bronco is already pretty tricked out in higher trims. Would a Raptor version of the current Bronco be that much better to warrant the extra cost? I dont know, but I do know I'd pay extra for a full size Bronco.
I think your onto something, it maybe a bigger size or that may have just been a Braptor mule to bolt the running gear to for testing. I think we may have already seen the Braptor rear end on the Cyber Orange running 37" tires, maybe thats the Braptor in plain sight?

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Raptor further confirmed by Ford engineer profile f150-raptor-singlecab-007-1559845615

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Raptor further confirmed by Ford engineer profile 1595346194817-

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Raptor further confirmed by Ford engineer profile 2021-Bronco-2-inch-lift-kit-37-inch-tires
Sponsored

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey guys,
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if it's been addressed.
Is it true that the Bronco R/Warthog will be offered to the public as a non street legal vehicle only or will there also be a street legal version too?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if it's been addressed.
Is it true that the Bronco R/Warthog will be offered to the public as a non street legal vehicle only or will there also be a street legal version too?
There for sure will be a street legal version

Ford recently said they would sell an off road only version if there is enough demand. Think similar to the cobra jet mustang series which are sold as drag cars

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There for sure will be a street legal version

Ford recently said they would sell an off road only version if there is enough demand. Think similar to the cobra jet mustang series which are sold as drag cars
"Ford" didn't say that. One of the execs said they would consider anything if they thought enough people would pay for it ... Which is just a "duh" statement since there was no indication whatsoever how much 'enough' would have to be.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what you’re saying — correct me if I’m wrong; but if you want manual with the 2.7L or even the future Bronco Raptor maybe with a 3.5L we all should be buying the smaller 2.3L engine with the manual to prove to Ford we want the manual?

If that’s your point, it does make sense and it’s a very interesting viewpoint. However, the 2.7L is so much more power and torque that I don’t know if I can get myself to buy that manual with the 2.3L

I would however definitely buy the 2.7L with the manual.

Jeep JL with a manual? No f’ing way. That manual I didn’t like at all...I cannot understand why so many of those Jeep people think it’s so good. So lifeless and no tactical feel. I swear to you, I had my driving shoes on (yes I have particular shoes I use only in my GT350 lol) and I couldn’t feel the damn clutch. And the gas pedal was almost the same lol. I had to look down to see what I was doing haha!!! It felt like I never drove a manual before. Maybe the Jeep was defective? To make things better, when I looked up at the road (after looking down to see if my foot was on the clutch) the Jeep had veered off to the other side of the road cause the steering was so wonky. Jesus. Thank god this Bronco is coming!

anyway, I slightly went off topic there! Haha
Maybe you had the wrong shoes. I drove my JK 6-speed manual in my combat boots most of the time. :p

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Raptor reported to be getting 3l EcoBoost

https://apple.news/ADtH7D2kbSrii3hxAqdPQBQ
This is what I've always assumed since the 2.7 was confirmed. It's the same thing just punched out and they could easily add an electric motor to make the Hybrid-heads happy...and to make more power and add that "it" factor.

No chance it will be anything other than automatic so it may end up as my wife's daily driver, lol.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you had the wrong shoes. I drove my JK 6-speed manual in my combat boots most of the time. :p
nope. It was just a really bad clutch man. I would say I preferred a 95 civic over that JL clutch and gearbox.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nope. It was just a really bad clutch man. I would say I preferred a 95 civic over that JL clutch and gearbox.
I kind of feel the same way about both of those manual transmissions actually, haha. My buddy's Civic felt like I was going to break it and my JK felt like driving a tractor, but they got the job done somehow. I am envious of that Tremec you got and hope this new Getrag can be massaged into a similar feel...maybe a little looser/more forgiving.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great news, should we expect to take delevery "By 2023" Now where should I send the $200 deposit. Lol

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The F150 Raptor has been very succesful and the same formula will be applied to the Bronco variant. The Raptor Bronco has to distinguish itself from the Bronco:

1 - A Ford performance product
2 - Unique front grill, headlights (with amber LEDs) and a unique front and rear bumper
3 - Different exhaust type and outlet
4 - Live Fox shock all around. Most likely 2.5" and not 3.0" as the Raptor has 3.0"
5 - More suspension travel
6 - 35" wheels/tires standard. Smaller wheel/tires will not be offered.
7 - Wider via bigger fenders front and rear. The Gen1 Raptor was 7" wider then the F150 and the Gen2 Raptor is 6" wider then the F150. I think it will not be too wide as it still has to go down the trail. Raptors are not good trail rigs as it is too wide.
8 - Magnesium Shift Paddles
9 - As reported, bigger engine with the 3.0TT. It is interesting as the Gen3 Raptor has been reported with 2 engine choices (v8 supercharged and 3.0TT with an EV). I was hoping the 3.0TT with EV in the Raptor Bronco BUT I doubt Ford will give the Raptor Bronco the EV part. I suspect the 3.0TT will put out 410HP and 470 foot/pounds of Torque

That's my take
:)

Last edited:

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All electric Bronco based on the Rivian skateboard platform would be a cool Raptor deviant with the spare tire in the Frunk. On 37s, of coarse :)

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to put a reservation in NOW