First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll wait and see if the bronco raptor is really any better than the badlands, and if it is then i'll trade my badlands in on it.
Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll wait and see if the bronco raptor is really any better than the badlands, and if it is then i'll trade my badlands in on it.
Unless the body is wider versus wider fender flares and changing components cost more then upgrading the badlands might be better. Raptor is a whole different vehicle over the F 150. If trade an F 150 regardless of upgrade cost to get a Raptor. Hopefully the Bronco variant will be just as worthy versus a few changes and slapping a badge on it.

I’m assuming the engine would be bigger so there’s that to also take into consideration as swapping is cost prohibitive versus trading.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm thinking the Raptor will be a Wildtrax with a bigger engine and Raptor styling.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking the Raptor will be a Wildtrax with a bigger engine and Raptor styling.
I hold a similar opinion. I don't know how much different the Raptor could be except under the hood and maybe some suspension upgrades. The overall look of the Bronco is pretty badass so not too much can be/needs to be done. Perhaps special paint? Matte colors? Or a Line-X type finish from the factory would get some traction I would think.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people when they life a truck just add wheel spacing for the tires to clear. Some don't I've seen plenty that hit frame on hard turns. But when they add wheel spacing the tires are sticking out past the body and are illegal in most states (def in CA).

The Raptor adds 3" to both sides to move the wheels out and body to cover them, so It is 86" wide and thus required to have the front and rear clearance lights which ford added neatly. There are many other difference, if you tried to build some you can't even get but it would probably cost another 50K to take a F-150 and make it a Raptor. Most of want a be Raptor conversion fail in every way. They don't have the heavy duty frame, they don't have the enhance transfer case that was re-diesgn for high speed desert running. and the list goes on.

The performacne is what blows your mind, not just the looks. And that is why Raptors are #1 resale vehicle in US.

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people when they life a truck just add wheel spacing for the tires to clear. Some don't I've seen plenty that hit frame on hard turns. But when they add wheel spacing the tires are sticking out past the body and are illegal in most states (def in CA).

The Raptor adds 3" to both sides to move the wheels out and body to cover them, so It is 86" wide and thus required to have the front and rear clearance lights which ford added neatly. There are many other difference, if you tried to build some you can't even get but it would probably cost another 50K to take a F-150 and make it a Raptor. Most of want a be Raptor conversion fail in every way. They don't have the heavy duty frame, they don't have the enhance transfer case that was re-diesgn for high speed desert running. and the list goes on.

The performacne is what blows your mind, not just the looks. And that is why Raptors are #1 resale vehicle in US.
Are Raptor bodies actually wider or just wider fender flairs the way Sasquatch handles the wider offset tires?

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All things being equal, interest rates on vehicles are so low you're money will do more work for you in your pocket than it will in Ford's. Finance the vehicle.

Anyway, on topic, does anybody else have mental images of a 2-door Bronc-a-Raptor flying off of a berm and into outer orbit? That much power with a short wheelbase would be so deadly (yes, I realize they will only make a 4-door Bronc-a-Raptor because.... PROFIT!)
Especially in a whoops section. Then it'll really buck like a Bronco... :ROFLMAO:

I know this an old post, but to your point I'd posted this in response to someone else in another thread.

"I've been 2 door this whole time, but if I go this route, it'll be 4 door for sure. The extra wheelbase will keep it stable in whoops, closely spaced bumps, and rough stuff. Sucks if you wanna get into tight overland trails, but I'm not seeing anything too crazy slowing down the 4dr Jeeps in that realm."

You've got a good point, a 2 dr would be a rough ride. Just look at the old footage of the Broncos in Baja.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are Raptor bodies actually wider or just wider fender flairs the way Sasquatch handles the wider offset tires?
The fenders are wider. Suspension is longer, thus the wheel travel is longer. Stance is wider. More powerful. It's purpose built for big hits and speed, the Bronco Raptor/Warthog would mimic that.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fenders are wider. Suspension is longer, thus the wheel travel is longer. Stance is wider. More powerful. It's purpose built for big hits and speed, the Bronco Raptor/Warthog would mimic that.
Always assumed body was actually wider. Thanks clearing that up.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always assumed body was actually wider. Thanks clearing that up.
The fender flares are pushed out, door etc are still same width/spot as a regular F-150. But the big thing is the frame is massively beefed up, which is why you can't build a Raptor from a F-150.

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fender flares are pushed out, door etc are still same width/spot as a regular F-150. But the big thing is the frame is massively beefed up, which is why you can't build a Raptor from a F-150.
Then there is structural difference. Recall something was different making it impossible to upgrade an F150.

Hopefully that’s the thought process on the Warthog or whatever it is named.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unpopular opinion, but isnt the wildtrak trim kind of a "raptor" already. I'm sure it would get a larger engine and a few upgrades, but that is their desert runner already
I wish this was the case. I drank the koolaid on the Wildtrak. I personally think it should be called the WildPack-age. All it is, is the Bronco Base, with Medium Package, Sasquatch Package, Shadow Black Top. The only thing I can see that is special about it is the cloth interior, stickers, and badge.

When they first released the "Whatever that is article" before I really looked at the pics, I thought it was a pic of testing the WildTrak with some kind of "upgraded or different than SAS" suspension package. Then I read the article and really looked at the photos. After reading the forums it was obviously a future vehicle. I love Taco Bell but I wouldn't call it Mexican food. The Wildtrak is nice, but I wouldn't call it a Raptor, hell, I wouldn't even call it a desert runner. Wait! Before anybody hates on me, let me clarify. Its Badass! Freaking love the Bronco so much, and I know me and my Bronco are gonna run our asses across the desert. But that does not make any of the configurations I have seen available, a runner.

I cannot figure out why I shouldn't buy BL, 2.7, without or without SAS, and Medium pg, and the shadow black top. I will be within the reach of the WT, but have better armor, and disconnect. I know the weight argument, my counter to is that with my level of driving. I will not be going at competition speeds, no matter the BL or the WT, I will still be going the same speed. The BL will just work a little harder. But it will not be hampered by the Armor.

So, unless there is some kind of cool thing they do or offer to help me do this better in the WT than the BL, I will stick with the BL and buy carpet floor mats and some sweet cloth seat covers for the dry ass desert.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then there is structural difference. Recall something was different making it impossible to upgrade an F150.

Hopefully that’s the thought process on the Warthog or whatever it is named.
I heard they beefed up the frame in 2017 because some Russian guy decided to take one off a 92' jump and bent the frame. I think video is still up on Youtube?
Sponsored