First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crazy the MSRP has gone up almost 20k in less than 2 years. That’s an almost 30% increase. Sucks for those of us who haven’t gotten our orders fulfilled. I am pretty much priced out at this point so hope my dealer enjoys my unit when it comes in because I won’t be.
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you get pushed into 2024, it does not matter what you signed in 2022.

Assuming you have been scheduled and invoice, you are price protected within the same year BUT not from year to year.

I know you are still waiting to to get an allocation and you better hope you get one before August or you will be pushed into 2024.
Yup, fully understand. Hence my anxiety...

Bronco VI

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F150 Raptor/21 Bronco FE/22 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Holy cow! My 2022 build that I paid MSRP of $78,xxx from Chapman last October is now $96,180. That's a 23% increase in 7 months! I do feel for all you guys that keep getting pushed back without any price protection. That really sucks.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The greatest bronco deal ever >> 2022 Warthog at sticker.

Holy cow! My 2022 build that I paid MSRP of $78,xxx from Chapman last October is now $96,180. That's a 23% increase in 7 months! I do feel for all you guys that keep getting pushed back without any price protection. That really sucks.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking a wildtrack is a better rig for 98% of us, and will have better resale @ almost $30k less.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just sold a lot more Ranger Raptors with this increase.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford just sold a lot more Ranger Raptors with this increase.
Probably true but also likely following a bit of the same pattern as with the Braptor:

BS Golden Tickets, limited production, supply chain issues, ADMs and other dealer BS, significant flipping and finally consistent/significant price increases...

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The majority of those increased costs would have been avoided should you simply have obtained a signed sales agreement with your dealer. Hate to be harsh but this is your carelessness.
I didnt say anything about how much I am paying. MSRP went up nearly 20K is all I am stating.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didnt say anything about how much I am paying. MSRP went up nearly 20K is all I am stating.
Good point and my apologies. Hope you are getting a good price.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m really hoping for some positive feedback here, but given how this whole thing has gone down I feel like I’m probably screwed.

I had a Day 1 reservation for a 2 door First Edition. I was offered a Golden Ticket by Ford for the MY22 Raptor. I placed an order in 22 (prior to the GT cutoff date) for the Raptor. No allocation received, so it rolled over to ‘23.
On Mar 14th my order previewed for production and dealer sent me a sheet with total MSRP.
On Mar 16th my VIN and build week was assigned. On April 18th my dealer got a build date assigned.

The problem is that I’m being told by my dealer that the invoice amount is no longer what I was given when my order was placed in early 23. Not because of ADM but that I’m subject to all the price increases. Is the Raptor not protected from increase if your order was submitted and not changed in any way? Does any private offer apply to the Raptor if you converted because of GT from another?

I was expecting to pay the original MSRP I was given (for 23 pricing) when the order was resubmitted for ‘23MY. I already kissed the old 22 price goodbye. But to get hit with all the 23 price increases when my order was submitted and finally got my allocation/ build date set for May 17?? Is there anything I can do about it?

This caught me by surprise because when I check my order status on the Ford site my pricing summary still shows the original 23 MSRP as the dealer selling price.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m really hoping for some positive feedback here, but given how this whole thing has gone down I feel like I’m probably screwed.
I see a few possibilities.

Do you have a signed agreement with the dealer on price? They should honor that as they can get reimbursed by Ford for any amount over your agreed upon price due to non model year price increases. If they are complete jerks they will not honor the agreed upon pricing and could pocket the refund from FMC.

A signed agreement on price is a legal contract and is enforceable by law. You might have to remind them of that as a last resort.

If you do not have a signed agreement with a price, good luck. You still may be able to talk them into a favorable deal but much less likely. They may want to sell it to someone else at a large(r) ADM AND pocket the refund from FMC.

Good luck.

Also, GTs are irrelevant and model year price increases are not protected.

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you do not have a signed agreement with a price, good luck. You still may be able to talk them into a favorable deal but much less likely. They may want to sell it to someone else at a large(r) ADM AND pocket the refund from FMC.
My concern about getting screwed is actually with Ford corporate- not the dealer. I don’t think my dealer is intentionally trying anything shady. They don’t charge ADM on anything, either orders or in stock inventory. Just because they want their customers to know that they didn’t gouge them and have a good relationship long term. This really is a VERY small dealership and the owner and staff know me by name. The kind of place you walk in and ask if the owner is in and they say “Ya, just walk into his office”. My conversation with the owner is that he just doesn’t know if any price protections apply. And if there is they will bring it up to their Ford rep. They haven’t had any carry over orders, and this is their first and only Raptor. So they don’t know what they don’t know.

So question is, will Ford compensate them for the earlier 23MY MSRP ($82k) which is what I still have showing up in my order status on the Ford website or will Ford hold to invoicing on what the dealer sees in their system which is now in the $90s.

What do I need to guide the dealer on to help make this price protection happen?

When I looked at the ‘23 price protection thread on the forum, it seemed like Raptor was excluded from any protections from year to year. OK. But what about same year increases, is a bRaptor order protected from those?

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the additional "color". My understanding is that Ford will likely invoice the dealer at full current MSRP (minus built in margin of course). Then your dealer provides the documentation of the order including price and date and Ford pays the difference for the non model year increases. It's been extensively discussed here on the forum. It exactly what happens under any model getting a mid year price increase when the order was placed before such. I think you'll be totally fine. GL.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I looked at the ‘23 price protection thread on the forum, it seemed like Raptor was excluded from any protections from year to year. OK. But what about same year increases, is a bRaptor order protected from those?
Within the same year meaning 2023 order, you have price protections on the braptor, I know that info is on this site. Price protections come in the form of rebates via Fords Vincent system, your dealer should be able to see what your order is calculated at. When you get the window sticker, that MSRP most likely won't reflect any of this.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait for them to start selling MSRP was the worst advice given to buyers for the last year.
Preach! Listen, no one likes ADMs, but those who were screaming “not to buy” and influenced those that had 5-10k markup is just a crying shame. What bothers me is the absolute arrogance of certain ppl and their confidence in what tomorrow brings. I feel bad for ppl that have gotten pushed, but those who “passed” on a slight markup…….now that’s a shanda.
Sponsored