Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I want the color of the MIC, but with the better "Jeep" built materials of the MOD.

But with higher cost, higher interest, and addition expenses....Ford is about to price me right out of my Bronco
Sponsored

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the info OP, been really confused about the differences. I'm completely happy with MIC!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Meh. I only liked back in 2020 when I was dreaming up an OBX non sas build with painted everything and a wheel and tire package. The loss of the mod top forced me to go to MIC and Sasquatch to get the unpainted flares to tie in the top.

Fast forward through ownership and I love the worry free use of the MIC top.

Personally Iā€™m glad the mod top was delayed otherwise Iā€™d be rocking a non sas OBX with a roof littered in scratches from me taking off the mid panel solo every warm weekend.

And now looking at the mod top in photos the unpainted flares just stand out too much.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh? Are you giving him his opinion now.

Snd what does a Jeep color matching top have to do with what it looks like. Some people like a more rugged look, sone people like color matching top. Iā€™m not sure what your point was here, other than trying to give him his.
Huh? I was replying to him tongue-in-cheek. Sorry you didn't get that.

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really wanted a MOD top (got a WT) and I love the look of the matching/painted hard tops on jeeps, but, honestly, I have to admit, the MIC top looks just fine. And itā€™s lighter and probably more resistant to damage. Iā€™m not displeased with it.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am happy for you, and it doesn't change my opinion. LOL

Not near sighted at all, I fully remember how this all developed and, frankly, my opinion now is the same is was then, except now we actually have real units to judge.

And, I don't think the painted top looks good on most Jeeps either.
To each his own. I happen to like the painted modular top.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish that they would just come out with a black MIC top already. But I will be getting a painted Shadow Black MOD top to complete the look of my Wildtrak.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For those of you who don't like the mod top because it's too shiny, scratchy or bronco sporty can always wrap it in snakeskin vinyl.

Ford Bronco 2023 MOD Top Close-Up Photos and Technical Review FEB7E9F0-E073-4331-933C-F6F676906EB0

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Guys, your not close. $1895 is NOT the retail price from the factory. Its the upgrade price over a soft top, which the price of is buried in the vehicle cost. So assume $2k for the soft top and the factory cost of a mod top is close to $4k. Then the fact that add ons are always much more at the parts counter than from factory. Then freight. You will not buy a mod top at the parts counter for $4k, it will be much more.
The dual top price of $2500 is effectively the MOD top without backing out the soft top.

That said Iā€™d bet on $3950 plus shipping and paint cost (it will ship primed).

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keeping the rear piece with the back window and sides the same color as the vehicle, and painting the rear, mid, and front caps white or black is going to look šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya my brothers new Jeep has it too. Fords approach is very different than the Sky one touch, their entire side panel comes off. Ford was just removing the glass. Not quite as cool, and more sketchy removal and storage process for the mod top.
Ford practiced self removing glass with the panoramic fixed roofs that ended up in people's laps.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

šŸ¤ž
I won't be getting a MOD top, so I hope you're right for the people who might want one after they take delivery.
If you don't want one do order it, however, and there is a ready market of us that wanted it originally.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m looking forward to an official press release on this. I like it. Personally Iā€™d get black and stealth wrap it. I think that would look great with an Iconic Silver Black Diamond.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't want one do order it, however, and there is a ready market of us that wanted it originally.
Thatā€™s true, but not sure itā€™d be worth the hassle for me. Others might feel differently though. Good luck getting one for your Bronco.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s true, but not sure itā€™d be worth the hassle for me. Others might feel differently though. Good luck getting one for your Bronco.
If dealers were wise, which is not always the case, once the MOD top is available to order, they should order for stock vehicles with dual top option and if/when a buyer only wants a softtop they would have the hard top for ready sale. I can envision plenty of SoCal, FL and TX customers only wanting a softtop
Sponsored