Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to have the MOD top but with all of the growing pains the MIC top has had I will wait and see. I want to see some of these in the wild before I make a change to my build.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If dealers were wise, which is not always the case, once the MOD top is available to order, they should order for stock vehicles with dual top option and if/when a buyer only wants a softtop they would have the hard top for ready sale. I can envision plenty of SoCal, FL and TX customers only wanting a softtop
To go with that idea, they should option customer orders such that a credit is applied and they get Mod Top inventory to sell. It will be a hell of a lot cheaper having the top come with a retail order than having it come in pieces through the parts department and then having to be painted. The cost savings for them should easily pay for the HT to be removed at PDI and the ST installed for the customer to take delivery.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait? What?

1658250133336.png

So I can't even add a mod top to my '21 after the fact? Or it's just not available to order from the factory?
i mean afaik we can’t add the mic top either after the fact without some sort of factory heist

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After seeing this, I don't hate my molded top so much. I'm not into the painted top as much as I thought I might be. Might just be me though!
Same, especially with me owning a base model. I already have all the molding, might as well stick with it. It weighs less. But an OBX or someone that goes with fiberglass fenders might be a different story.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love it! I know that I am asking for too much here, but does anyone have any word on a potential for the rear side windows to fan out at all? One of the best features of my hundred series land cruiser. It changed the car camping game for me entirely! Not that I expect Ford to do this themselves, but wonder if there’s any third-party or aftermarket ideas floating around

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love it! I know that I am asking for too much here, but does anyone have any word on a potential for the rear side windows to fan out at all? One of the best features of my hundred series land cruiser. It changed the car camping game for me entirely! Not that I expect Ford to do this themselves, but wonder if there’s any third-party or aftermarket ideas floating around
Bronco Gullwing

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reminds me of the old roach coach... :)

Ford Bronco 2023 MOD Top Close-Up Photos and Technical Review Roach Coach
I used to love seeing the roach coach making it's way around the ranges. Compared to what was coming from MESS, the Roach Coach offerings were gourmet cuisine. Those vendors made a fortune emptying the wallets of service members.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guys, your not close. $1895 is NOT the retail price from the factory. Its the upgrade price over a soft top, which the price of is buried in the vehicle cost. So assume $2k for the soft top and the factory cost of a mod top is close to $4k. Then the fact that add ons are always much more at the parts counter than from factory. Then freight. You will not buy a mod top at the parts counter for $4k, it will be much more.
$1895 was the upgrade price going from the MIC top. That’s why WT and FE people received a $1895 msrp deduction and 200,00 FordPass points. Originally WT and FE had the MOD top as standard.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used to love seeing the roach coach making it's way around the ranges. Compared to what was coming from MESS, the Roach Coach offerings were gourmet cuisine. Those vendors made a fortune emptying the wallets of service members.
It didn't hurt if the driver was easy on the eyes...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It didn't hurt if the driver was easy on the eyes...
I was never so lucky. Older newly retired running a second gig or a lifer who had consumed his own wares. But what sweet gig they had being approved to sell to the service members in the field. Fish in a barrel...
Sponsored