Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want to know Ford's estimate of when they will have these to the retail Market, as an after market item. I would jump on an $1,895.00 MOD top immediately, but I somehow don't see that price translating over to actual Retail price.
That price takes into account getting credit for the soft top. So unfortunately it’s going to be a lot more.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, forgot about that one. Jeep tops come raw to the dealer, who has to paint them. Very likely ford does the same, especially seeing how they crate MIC tops to the dealer with glass uninstalled and a glass company needed.
No they don’t you can order a painted top from the factory. My sister high altitude rolled off the truck with a painted roof and bumpers. Not sure what you guys are smoking but I want some. :)

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No they don’t you can order a painted top from the factory. My sister high altitude rolled off the truck with a painted roof and bumpers. Not sure what you guys are smoking but I want some. :)
We’re not talking from the factory lmfao.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I were getting a 2-door, I would absolutely want the MOD. Being able to take out the "sun roof" and windows makes it so you can actually get an outdoor experience without taking off the whole back part.
I think it’s already been confirmed that the rear windows aren’t removable on the 2 door mod top unfortunately. Which is the main reason I won’t be switching from MIC to mod.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to know Ford's estimate of when they will have these to the retail Market, as an after market item. I would jump on an $1,895.00 MOD top immediately, but I somehow don't see that price translating over to actual Retail price.
It will be nowhere near $1895. That was the price over and above the cost of the included soft top. Retail, over the parts counter, I wouldn't expect any less than $4-5k plus freight plus cost to paint since it would more than likely ship in primer like the Jeep top does.

Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seeing these tops and some of the other painted top pictures in the forum confirms that my individual taste is not seeing lots of flat plastic on the outside of a vehicle.

I would be interested in a metal roof, but these MOD tops might pull me in.

Praying that Ford, or whoever the subcontractor is, will do a good job with these MOD tops!

Disclosure: Have not ordered yet. Waiting on the sidelines for a better top and other feature combinations... .. .

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing this, I don't hate my molded top so much. I'm not into the painted top as much as I thought I might be. Might just be me though!
I have the same opinion. The MIC tops, after all the drama, stil look proper on the Bronco. The 4 door soft tops don't look clean, The new 4 door with the MIC look much better than the 4 door with the soft top. These shiny/MOD tops just seem out of place, like they are trying too hard. The Bronco Sport have a shiny top like the MOD, and this reminds me of those. I have also seen a few two tone Broncos (pained or vinyl MIC top) and they don't look as cool as I thought they would initially.

The MIC Top, for all the bullshit during 2021, has been great for me. Looks great, functions well, easy on and off, and durable.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same opinion. The MIC tops, after all the drama, stil look proper on the Bronco. The 4 door soft tops don't look clean, The new 4 door with the MIC look much better than the 4 door with the soft top. These shiny/MOD tops just seem out of place, like they are trying too hard. The Bronco Sport have a shiny top like the MOD, and this reminds me of those. I have also seen a few two tone Broncos (pained or vinyl MIC top) and they don't look as cool as I thought they would initially.

The MIC Top, for all the bullshit during 2021, has been great for me. Looks great, functions well, easy on and off, and durable.
This wins the prize for the most nearsighted comment of the thread so far. It's almost like you're a newbie to the forum and have forgotten the past two years and all the top discussions ever existed.

As you know, MIC was the only hard top they could even get off the line. MOD is not "trying too hard," it's painted either black, or body color, which looks better on many body colors than asphalt gray like the MIC top. Early Broncos had painted tops and they were shiny. PS - Even Jeeps have painted tops. Do those remind you of Bronco Sports?

The soft top is not my first choice, but I really love it. I deferred my order to 99 even though I was a first night res so I could order this stupid MOD top. If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I will put in my order for next year and finally get the MOD top I ordered. Then I will drive my shiny body colored top and be happy with it. I wouldn't worry any more about scratching the top than I do with my truck - which also has a shiny painted top - like a Bronco Sport. :unsure: :LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it just me or does the front section not line up with the rear?
1658284621323.png
You are correct, the alignment is way off, that is why I made the photo with the red arrows to point that out.

The front section sits higher than the rear section. Was it not installed correctly that a simple reinstallation would fix or does this give us the first hint that the 2-door MOD Top is not ready for prime time (after 2 plus years of additional development :rolleyes:).

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This wins the prize for the most nearsighted comment of the thread so far. It's almost like you're a newbie to the forum and have forgotten the past two years and all the top discussions ever existed.

As you know, MIC was the only hard top they could even get off the line. MOD is not "trying too hard," it's painted either black, or body color, which looks better on many body colors than asphalt gray like the MIC top. Early Broncos had painted tops and they were shiny. PS - Even Jeeps have painted tops. Do those remind you of Bronco Sports?

The soft top is not my first choice, but I really love it. I deferred my order to 99 even though I was a first night res so I could order this stupid MOD top. If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I will put in my order for next year and finally get the MOD top I ordered. Then I will drive my shiny body colored top and be happy with it. I wouldn't worry any more about scratching the top than I do with my truck - which also has a shiny painted top - like a Bronco Sport. :unsure: :LOL:
I am happy for you, and it doesn't change my opinion. LOL

Not near sighted at all, I fully remember how this all developed and, frankly, my opinion now is the same is was then, except now we actually have real units to judge.

And, I don't think the painted top looks good on most Jeeps either.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Huh? Are you giving him his opinion now.

Snd what does a Jeep color matching top have to do with what it looks like. Some people like a more rugged look, sone people like color matching top. I’m not sure what your point was here, other than trying to give him his.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you to @Administrator for the pics of the 2023 Heritage Edition with MOD Top we can now start to see the potential for other models. That is of course, IF, Ford makes it available for ALL models as promised in 2020.

Here are some close-up photos for your inspection and comments. Overall it seems almost ready for prime-time, although the 2-door top is miss-aligned between the front and rear sections.

After two years of additional work can we hope the MOD Top will not be the same fiasco as the MIC top?

Bronco Heritage Edition Spied Wearing MOD Top, Squared Flares, Retro Grille, Robins Egg Blue!

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-5 - Copy.jpg
2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-23 - Copy.jpg

1658248129229.png

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-4 - Copy.jpg
2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-6 - Copy.jpg
2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-7 - Copy.jpg
2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-8 - Copy.jpg
2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-9 - Copy.jpg

Thank you to @iLata for the link to Ford Authority, MOD Top with Roof Rack:
2023-Ford-Bronco-Prototype-Spy-Shots-Heritage-Edition-Hot-Pepper-July-2022-Exterior-003.jpg

2023-Ford-Bronco-Prototype-Spy-Shots-Heritage-Edition-Hot-Pepper-July-2022-Exterior-004.jpg

2023-Ford-Bronco-Prototype-Spy-Shots-Heritage-Edition-Hot-Pepper-July-2022-Exterior-005.jpg

Here is the original MOD Top information from @ZackDanger:
“Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows.

erences-gunners-hatch-removable-rear-windows-1-jpg.jpg

differences-gunners-hatch-removable-rear-windo-jpg.jpg

hard-top-types-march-21-png.png

And last, here is the original Ford Pricing from Jan. 19, 2021, prior to the Inflation Tax:
1658253555398-png.png
To be honest its not worth $2000 (likely to be that much for 23) to me. With the MIC top you don't have to worry about scratches when removing and storing the panels, and the gray looks good in my opinion.

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally order the MOD top to match the Body, Went with Mic top as MOD was not available and had discussed waiting the Mic top. I have had the Bronco for a Month and Now Im kinda liking the Mic top with the matching fenders etc. Ill hold off for a while before investing in another Mod top.
Sponsored