Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im looking to order a 2023 model year and i was wondering if anyone has any information on that. or any tips to how i can get my order in as quick as possible. thanks
Sponsored

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best people to ask are the first day reservations group that is still waiting for a VIN.
From there take your pick of about 25 reasons why that Ford considers either manufacturing constraints or production constraints.
Stir in some dealership allocation excuses.
And a pinch of no new orders until August.
You will probably have a date accurate to within approximately 3 years.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im looking to order a 2023 model year and i was wondering if anyone has any information on that. or any tips to how i can get my order in as quick as possible. thanks
Contact your dealer and they will be able to place the order for you and get you any info ahead of time.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order banks are currently rumored to open August 15th. There is no reservation system… just walk into your dealer, come to an agreement on price, and place your order.

How long you wait depends on Ford’s mysterious allocation algorithms. BUT… generally speaking the Broncos with the most amount of options have been taking the longest to receive. If you order Big Bend or Outer Banks with minimal upgrades, you can expect a 4-8 month wait. If you order a Badlands or Wildtrak with all of the goodies… expect a 8-12+ month wait.

Some of us with Badlands or Wildtrak orders have been waiting for years.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of the previous replies are valid. Basically, there s no rhyme or reason. Some have been waiting for two years since they reserved. My two door Bad Lands included 85-90% of the goodies available. Reserved in August 2020, yet did not order until October 2021. My vehicle was in my garage 150 days later. Once August arrives, place an order. After that, anything is possible.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i plan to order a BB next month, Sas, Mid and i am flip flopping on the top, i prefer the hard top because i live in Mi, but am thinking i might get it a little quicker if i get the soft top. Anyhoo, my plan is a long frustrating wait.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Go to a high volume dealer.
2) Get what you want to get. The restrictions will change from day to day.
3) Negotiate your price, including understanding the impact of potential Ford price increases.
4) Get a signed sales agreement and/or leave a deposit constituting a legal agreement.
5) Hope and pray a lot. Drinking during “the wait” might help.
6) Keep a ”day count’ so you can complain here about how long Ford is taking.
7) Be incredibly surprised when you get a VIN and build date.
8) Ah… get the window sticker and blend date, to keep you motivated. Very exciting to wait on the blend date, but I’m not sure why.
9) Wonder why it’s taking so long to get a “BUILT” eMail from Ford when the assembly line only takes 2 shifts to complete your car.
10) Hope the guy who drives your Bronco from the assembly line to the rail yard activates Ford Pass.
11) Hope there is a nearly full rail car for your destination waiting on your Bronco to roll on to it and be immediately be shipped and not have to wait for weeks.
12) Hope the railroad doesn’t switch your rail car on to a siding where it sits for weeks inexplicably for no apparent logical reason.
13) Be ecstatic when the dealer calls you that your Bronco is at the dealer, in spite of the fact that all the trackers show it still “in production”, “awaiting shipment” or “in transit”.
14) Find out your dealer is actually honoring their pricing commitments.
15) Drive your Bronco home from the dealership with the biggest smile you’ve ever had in your life.
16) Forgot to mention, hope like hell that there are no recalls issued for your Bronco during this whole process.

Did I cover it all??

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just focus on activity number 5 in the list above :)

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oops, forgot 9a), Hope Ford doesn’t run out of parts one car before yours is built, only to have those parts back in stock in time for the car immediately after yours.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Best people to ask are the first day reservations group that is still waiting for a VIN.
From there take your pick of about 25 reasons why that Ford considers either manufacturing constraints or production constraints.
Stir in some dealership allocation excuses.
And a pinch of no new orders until August.
You will probably have a date accurate to within approximately 3 years.
Ford Bronco 2023 order bank new-guy-meet-the-new-guy

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Order banks are currently rumored to open August 15th. There is no reservation system… just walk into your dealer, come to an agreement on price, and place your order.

How long you wait depends on Ford’s mysterious allocation algorithms. BUT… generally speaking the Broncos with the most amount of options have been taking the longest to receive. If you order Big Bend or Outer Banks with minimal upgrades, you can expect a 4-8 month wait. If you order a Badlands or Wildtrak with all of the goodies… expect a 8-12+ month wait.

Been waiting almost a year for a Big Bend 2-door. I'm guessing two doors are rarely if even actually made.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Go to a high volume dealer.
2) Get what you want to get. The restrictions will change from day to day.
3) Negotiate your price, including understanding the impact of potential Ford price increases.
4) Get a signed sales agreement and/or leave a deposit constituting a legal agreement.
5) Hope and pray a lot. Drinking during “the wait” might help.
6) Keep a ”day count’ so you can complain here about how long Ford is taking.
7) Be incredibly surprised when you get a VIN and build date.
8) Ah… get the window sticker and blend date, to keep you motivated. Very exciting to wait on the blend date, but I’m not sure why.
9) Wonder why it’s taking so long to get a “BUILT” eMail from Ford when the assembly line only takes 2 shifts to complete your car.
10) Hope the guy who drives your Bronco from the assembly line to the rail yard activates Ford Pass.
11) Hope there is a nearly full rail car for your destination waiting on your Bronco to roll on to it and be immediately be shipped and not have to wait for weeks.
12) Hope the railroad doesn’t switch your rail car on to a siding where it sits for weeks inexplicably for no apparent logical reason.
13) Be ecstatic when the dealer calls you that your Bronco is at the dealer, in spite of the fact that all the trackers show it still “in production”, “awaiting shipment” or “in transit”.
14) Find out your dealer is actually honoring their pricing commitments.
15) Drive your Bronco home from the dealership with the biggest smile you’ve ever had in your life.
16) Forgot to mention, hope like hell that there are no recalls issued for your Bronco during this whole process.

Did I cover it all??
Go to a high volume dealer with a relatively low number of Bronco orders.;) Other than that looks good, especially step 5.

And if anyone else finds the magic needed to figure out if a dealer has a relatively low number of Bronco orders… report back and tell the rest of us.

OP
OP

RoccoG

Badlands
First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck getting their badlands loaded with options sooner than 1 year?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck getting their badlands loaded with options sooner than 1 year?
Yes, people have, but it’s luck of the draw.

During the 2021 model year, the big hold up was the hard top. So those who switched to a soft top had a significantly higher chance of getting their vehicle, even if it had all of the other features. This year the shortage has been a little bit of everything… but hard top, Lux package, and trailer tow package were some of the bigger shortages. So if you got a soft top, dropped Lux down to High, and drop the trailer tow package… you had a higher chance at getting it sooner. But again… it’s luck of the draw.

Things should improve in 2023 as supply chain issues get better and the overall economy slows down (which will lessen demand on new vehicles). There is a good chance your wait will be less than 12-14 months. BUT… I wouldn’t expect to order a fully loaded Badlands in August and have it arrive this winter. You likely won’t see it until late spring/early summer at the earliest.
Sponsored