Sponsored

2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EB V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything will work right up until it breaks. I think few will be using their Bronco as a drag strip trailer queen and throwing the spark plugs away after every quarter-mile. It's reasonable to desire a bit of longevity out of an engine and transmission combination of around five to ten years.

I like 5Star, but did they release long term, in-depth oil analysis results? A video of a teardown of the 10r60 after 50,000 miles with that tune run on it?

Equating the durability of a transmission to how much HP and TQ it can handle on a dyno over a few months is an oversimplification. Might as well compare all firearms by caliber and say that a .50 caliber musket is better than a Glock 17.

I hope it holds up, but Ford isn't making anywhere near enough of a promise to give me the warm fuzzies. The effective range, for an area target, of an M16 is 800M but would I trust a standard issue, mass-produced version to get there with any effectiveness? No. Maybe if the area was a 3x3 grid of barn doors... maybe. ;)
Quite a bit of assumptions there ;)

These aren't nitrous cars, you don't need to change the plugs every 1/4 mile trip :ROFLMAO:

TFL and others have tested the 5 Star tuned vehicles, might wanna do a little looking before you assume that they are just going to shit the bed within 6 months. Again ... I think 5 Star and Livernois have a name to withhold and if that was the case they would be slandered all over forums and social media over their tuning ignorance 😘
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm probably going to give it a tune, but I want to drive it six months or so and a couple of trails first. The biggest draw is due to the engines being turbocharged and big gains from a tune are pretty cheap. I wouldn't bother if it came with the 5.0 #canofworms
I have a pretty fast tuned #canofworms but anyways its extremely easy to slap a very conservative ecoboost tune on whatever engine you want and get some pretty good gains that wont even sweat it plus it will help on MPG. I didnt tune my 3.5 because I felt it was not needed. I would tune the 2.3. I ordered a 2.7 and wont decide on that until I get some driving and performance out of it, but right now prolly wont.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These aren't nitrous cars, you don't need to change the plugs every 1/4 mile trip :ROFLMAO:

TFL and others have tested the 5 Star tuned vehicles, might wanna do a little looking before you assume that they are just going to shit the bed within 6 months. Again ... I think 5 Star and Livernois have a name to withhold and if that was the case they would be slandered all over forums and social media over their tuning ignorance 😘
How many of those were off-roaders?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We already know the Warthog will be “ wider”, so it only makes sense the extra width is to accommodate a larger motor. The 3.0 won’t be available in the current Bronco platform due to chassis size.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We already know the Warthog will be “ wider”, so it only makes sense the extra width is to accommodate a larger motor. The 3.0 won’t be available in the current Bronco platform due to chassis size.
I think it’s wider because of the suspension and tires, not the engine. 😂

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The warthog is built on the same platform with the same engine bay(and occupancy area), only difference is the body sheet metal changes.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks pretty cool!! I bet its going to be pricey though...

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The warthog is built on the same platform with the same engine bay(and occupancy area), only difference is the body sheet metal changes.
Early reports stated the Warthog has a beefed up frame as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like FORD . Talk about something you can’t get in years away.
Farley's audience is the Wall St. Analysis not the general public. He has to keep them amped up about future profits.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the Bronco is and off-roader and does not need crazy tunes unless your in a rush to get to the mall. :ROFLMAO:
That isn't the argument :ROFLMAO:

Are you not following along? For those up in arms over assumed torque threshold on a transmission, I merely pointed out that tuners have been comfortably tuning a vehicle with the same transmission and similar motor well over the crybabies concerns :ROFLMAO:

No Explorer ST needs 540ft/lbs of torque and no Ranger 2.3 needs a burble tune either ... that doesn't mean there won't be Bronco's with those torque figures or burble tunes rolling around town as soon as possible.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the pageantry of pedantry has already begun...

If only emojis were an adequate substitute for reading comprehension, right?

This is a hyperbole at best. I am assuming that no more than a few will do this, however, but it could also be zero.
Anything will work right up until it breaks. I think few will be using their Bronco as a drag strip trailer queen and throwing the spark plugs away after every quarter-mile.
TFL and others have tested the 5 Star tuned vehicles, might wanna do a little looking before you assume that they are just going to shit the bed within 6 months.
You saw that I stated that I liked 5Star, right?
I like 5Star, but did they release long term, in-depth oil analysis results? A video of a teardown of the 10r60 after 50,000 miles with that tune run on it?
Feel free to link any 50K+ mile transmission teardown videos on their tunes with full disclosure of periodic oil tests like those German car lovers obsess over. Be sure that it is the 10r60 as well.

Again ... I think 5 Star and Livernois have a name to withhold and if that was the case they would be slandered all over forums and social media over their tuning ignorance 😘
If you would look, i.e. Google it, there are people trashing their names on social media. Also, while I appreciate you assuming the magnitude of my ignorance extends to tuning I don't appreciate the sexual harassment via kissing emoji.
Sponsored