mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good day everyone. I wanted to ask about the issues people have stated related to wind noise, water intrusion, etc. with the soft tops. I hear there are improvements with the 2023 models.

I am looking to place a new order and am trying to decide whether to go MIC or soft top. I really like the idea of collapsing the entire top and not have to worry about panels but I am concerned about wind noise and water intrusion (and any other issues).

What advise or feedback could you provide about this? I am not sure if this is the right place to post the question. If it isn't, I apologize.
Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once you go soft, you never go hard again, love my soft top!

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 23 soft top. I never had any water come in even in some heavy rains. The noise inside with it on (to me is not that bad) I had it down the other day and it wasn't that bad either.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good day everyone. I wanted to ask about the issues people have stated related to wind noise, water intrusion, etc. with the soft tops. I hear there are improvements with the 2023 models.

I am looking to place a new order and am trying to decide whether to go MIC or soft top. I really like the idea of collapsing the entire top and not have to worry about panels but I am concerned about wind noise and water intrusion (and any other issues).

What advice or feedback could you provide about this? I am not sure if this is the right place to post the question. If it isn't, I apologize.
I am partial to the soft top, short comings and all. It’s super convenient and not nearly as loud as most make it sound. If you’re going 75+ and/or it’s super windy just crank up that awesome sound system and you’re fine 😏

Sponsored

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have. 2 door MIC TOP and a 4 door SOFT TOP. I will ad the wind noise…after trying to improve the wind noise on the2 door with no luck, I can assure you that in my experience, the 4 door is much, much quieter than the MIC. Don’t know why, it just is. I was driving my wife’s 2 door in a strong wind…had to put the O&B sound system on a 12 volume, just to hear it.

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick search will provide a lot of feedback about the soft top. I think for most people who have the soft top they love it. Of course some folks have had issues, but in my experience with the soft top the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks some people are having. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change to the MIC

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I Have a 4dr soft top and 4DR MIC top an i have more water leaks with the MIc than the soft. Don't notice a noise problem but i've had soft top jeeps for the last 20 years.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

21 4 door soft. Zero water intrusion unless you count the forward sloping gutters that will send rain through an OPEN window. Not even any snow getting in. Noisy. Yes but those $1000 noise cancelling airpods will fix that (or 50 years of farm tractor driving with no ear protection)

Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
22 soft top here. Just went through about 2 months straight of rain here in SoCal including some of the hardest rain I’ve ever seen here. Absolutely no issues with leaking.

The noise part is subjective. Doesn’t bother me. Not sure what others expected when they purchased a soft top truck.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a '22 soft top, zero problems. I really like the soft top, even through the Colorado winter.

I do have an ADV hard top on order, I plan to run the soft top in the summer and the hard top in the winter.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 Badlands Soft top. Love it. No noise issue until over 75mph. Then it does pick up a lot. Not a drip. Have coworker with a MIC and she says rattles and noisy. No first hand knowledge.
Dirty dog makes a headliner similar to a sun shade that reduces noise that you could put on in the seasons where top down isn’t used. Assuming you drive 75mph plus.

Doomz

Black Diamond
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW 428i, 2021 Black Diamond CG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What advise or feedback could you provide about this? I am not sure if this is the right place to post the question. If it isn't, I apologize.
I live in Tahoe and have spent 2 seasons now with a soft top up here.

After an utterly record breaking year driving through some of the most intense snow storms and rain storms of my lifetime I can say with confidence the top is completely water proof. Ive let it sit with a foot of snow on it for 48 hours. Driven through sideways snow drifts with winds firing 60 mph. Let it sit in the rain for days.

That being said the wind noise really annoys me but thats because I am big on listening to music and driving fast. Wind noise is fine ~ 65 but much faster than that its annoying.

What I have heard though is that wind noise is almost as bad in the hard top and cabin noise is just a Bronco issue not solved by either top.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
21 soft top four door here. My buddy’s wildtrack with MIC has more leaks and noise than ours does. Zero water intrusions also
Sponsored