Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think it was possible to have an unconverted reservation at this point :unsure:.
There's a ton out there still.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't think it was possible to have an unconverted reservation at this point :unsure:.
From another thread, that @RagnarKon posted more detailed information on the conversion process, unconverted reservations must convert to an order. After November 21st, any unconverted reservations will be cancelled. To add to that deadline, it was mentioned a few weeks ago by Nathan (sorry I don't remember his handle ATM) in a Granger thread that part of the Dealer's Playbook seemed to indicate that any orders with a PC'99 will be cancelled if not updated to a buildable order.

@RagnarKon Perhaps, you want to add your detailed post from BN to here so that all the information is in one central post? Maybe the @Administrator can merge your post (if/when you decide to share that info from BN) with the first post.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The meat of the playbook is what was posted. The biggest takeaway is for those that had orders before COVP is to make damn certain if you still want the vehicle, contact your sales person and make sure your order is spec'd correctly AND that they've got a copy of your driver's license on file and everything else needed for COVP. Once the dealer does all of this, get a current copy of the DORA with a PC of 19 (or lower if you're wanting built) and verification Ford confirmed the COVP. This doesn't do anything to address the pricing agreements/disagreement which should be reconfirmed at this point. This puts you in a position of verifying the order is in and good. Last thing we need is posts popping up in late November or December with the title, "Dealer cancelled my order!!!" only to find out a step was missed. If your salesperson isn't proactive and reaches out when the order bank opens back up, send them a message/call/show up and make sure this all gets done.

To address the non converted order post. It was my assumption too that any of the first group of orders that weren't converted to an order, even if 99'd, were dropped long ago. I was wrong because we had one dumped on us with no prenotification or info about what the situation was, don't even know what dealer it came from. There may be some out there and it may also be a situation where a dealer screwed up and Ford somehow "fixed" it but that's just speculation on my part.

ETA: Not going to post the PP of the playbook because it's tagged "secret" and I don't want another letter from Ford corporate legal but here's the gist. Your order needs to be something other than 99 and "clean" or you will get dropped on Nov. 22.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon Perhaps, you want to add your detailed post from BN to here so that all the information is in one central post? Maybe the @Administrator can merge your post (if/when you decide to share that info from BN) with the first post.
Copy/paste from my summary post:

CARRY-OVER ORDERS
Ford will automatically be copying over non-scheduled 2022 orders to the 2023 order banks. Much like the 2021-to-2022 carry over last year, these orders will be given a priority code of 99 (the “do not build” code) to allow you and your dealer to confirm options and pricing before the order is eligible for scheduling.​
Two things to note based on what Laura posted earlier (EDIT—equivalent B6G post):​
  • All existing Cyber Orange orders will be changed to Shadow Black. Make sure you have your dealer update your color if you want something different.
  • All existing Wildtrak orders will be given the HOSS 3.0 upgrade.
Users with carry-over orders will be receiving an email from Ford on Sept 21st will additional information on how to confirm your order.​
UNCONVERTED RESERVATIONS
If you have an unconverted reservation you will receive an email from Ford on September 28th with information on how to convert your reservation for an order. If you do not convert your reservation to an order by November 21st, your reservation will automatically be canceled.
COVP PROCESS
All carry-over orders and converted reservations are subject to COVP. This is a additional verification process that was used with the Maverick last year and a few times in the past with Ford’s other vehicle. It requires your dealer to submit additional paperwork and a copy of your driver’s license to Ford for verification. If this is not done your order will not be eligible for build.​
ORDER GUIDE AND BUILD & PRICE AVAILABILITY
As previously reported, the order guide is expected to be published on September 19th. The Build & Price tool is expected to go live sometime between September 19th and September 21st.​
PRICE PROTECTION
Ford will continue to price protect orders based on their originally submitted reservation or order date. Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023. (Obviously the devil is in the exact details on this, and dealers weren’t given the exact details yet.)​
BRONCO HERITAGE EDITION
Heritage Edition is a late availability option, and will be generally available just like every other trim. Much like Everglades, anyone can place an order for Heritage.​
BRONCO HERITAGE LIMITED EDITION
Bronco Heritage Limited edition is also a late availability option and is a production limited trim with a total of 3,932 units split between 2023 and 2024. (This was previously announced during the original Heritage announcement.) (EDIT— equivalent B6G post.)​
DEALER ALLOCATION
Dealer allocations will work slightly differently for Bronco than the standard formula.​
All non-production limited trims (including Heritage):​
  • 50% - 2022MY Bronco allocation and Bronco Sport sales relative to the rest of the nation
  • 50% - Total Ford sales relative to the rest of the nation
Bronco Raptor allocation:​
  • 60% - 2022MY Bronco allocation
  • 40% - 2020 to 2022 F-150 Raptor sales
  • All dealers are guaranteed at least 1 Bronco Raptor
Heritage Limited allocation:​
  • All dealers are guaranteed at least 1 Bronco Heritage Limited in either 2023 or 2024.
  • Ford will be placing a maximum limit on the amount of Heritage Limited Broncos any one dealer can receive to ensure all dealers get at least one.
  • Heritage Limited is NOT permitted to be sold to brokers, and dealers caught selling to brokers will be punished.
TL;DR— @flip is correct. The big takeaway is the COVP process and the need to convert your reservation before Nov 21st.​

Last edited:

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my summary post:

CARRY-OVER ORDERS
Ford will automatically be copying over non-scheduled 2022 orders to the 2023 order banks. Much like the 2021-to-2022 carry over last year, these orders will be given a priority code of 99 (the “do not build” code) to allow you and your dealer to confirm options and pricing before the order is eligible for scheduling.​
Two things to note based on what @Laura posted earlier:​
  • All existing Cyber Orange orders will be changed to Shadow Black. Make sure you have your dealer update your color if you want something different.
Users with carry-over orders will be receiving an email from Ford on Sept 21st will additional information on how to confirm your order.​
UNCONVERTED RESERVATIONS
If you have an unconverted reservation you will receive an email from Ford on September 28th with information on how to convert your reservation for an order. If you do not convert your reservation to an order by November 21st, your reservation will automatically be canceled.
COVP PROCESS
All carry-over orders and converted reservations are subject to COVP. This is a additional verification process that was used with the Maverick last year and a few times in the past with Ford’s other vehicle. It requires your dealer to submit additional paperwork and a copy of your driver’s license to Ford for verification. If this is not done your order will not be eligible for build.​
As previously reported, the order guide is expected to be published on September 19th. The Build & Price tool is expected to go live sometime between September 19th and September 21st.​
PRICE PROTECTION
Ford will continue to price protect orders based on their originally submitted reservation or order date. Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023. (Obviously the devil is in the exact details on this, and dealers weren’t given the exact details yet.)​
BRONCO HERITAGE EDITION
Heritage Edition is a late availability option, and will be generally available just like every other trim. Much like Everglades, anyone can place an order for Heritage.​
Bronco Heritage Limited edition is also a late availability option and is a production limited trim with a total of 3,932 units split between 2023 and 2024. (This was previously announced during the original Heritage announcement.)​
DEALER ALLOCATION
Dealer allocations will work slightly differently for Bronco than the standard formula.​
All non-production limited trims (including Heritage):​
  • 50% - 2022MY Bronco allocation and Bronco Sport sales relative to the rest of the nation
Bronco Raptor allocation:​
Heritage Limited allocation:​
  • All dealers are guaranteed at least 1 Bronco Heritage Limited in either 2023 or 2024.
    • Ford will be placing a maximum limit on the amount of Heritage Limited Broncos any one dealer can receive to ensure all dealers get at least one.
      • Heritage Limited is NOT permitted to be sold to brokers, and dealers caught selling to brokers will be punished.
TL;DR— @flip is correct. The big takeaway is the COVP process and the need to convert your reservation before Nov 21st.​
I know i provided a DL and signed documents on my order. My question is on my reservation i asked to have canceled, (its not i still see it on ford.com) will the dealer still get it in 2023, or will someone (me or a person forging my name) have to re-apply or does it just roll over since they have that info?
i dont want it. I dont want to buy and flip it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know i provided a DL and signed documents on my order. My question is on my reservation i asked to have canceled, (its not i still see it on ford.com) will the dealer still get it in 2023, or will someone (me or a person forging my name) have to re-apply or does it just roll over since they have that info?
i dont want it. I dont want to buy and flip it.
If you have not yet converted the reservation, just sit on it and it’ll automatically cancel after Nov 21st.

If you already converted the reservation, then it’s in the dealer’s hands. I assume you’ve already talked to your dealer and let them know you have no intention on buying from them. But if not, I’d definitely do that (ideally via email so you have some sort of paper trail).

Ford’s COVP process only accepts current orders, so if you signed a 2021 and/or 2022 document in the past, that is invalid for 2023 and it won’t pass verification, and therefore it won’t get built. If for some reason it gets built anyway (due to them forging a signature or whatever)… just don’t go pick it up. The dealer will ultimately be able to sell the vehicle, but it’ll go against their COVP name match percentages, and they risk losing allocation as a result. The whole purpose of the COVP policy is to ensure people actually want the vehicles before they are built, and vehicles are being sold to those who ordered them.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the PC99 status, if they must be converted to a buildable order or be cancelled, does this mean everyone who held out for a feature such as mod tops or painted tops for 1-2 years are left hanging?

If those things like tops are still late availability can they be ordered through build and price when the 23 order bank opens?

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding the PC99 status, if they must be converted to a buildable order of be cancelled, does this mean everyone who held out for a feature such as mod tops or painted tops for 1-2 years are left hanging?

If those things like tops are still late availability can they be ordered through build and price when the 23 order bank opens?
I had this question too. Don’t have answers yet. I’m assuming it’ll go one of two ways….

A) Presumably you will be able to order them now, you just have no chance at getting a built Bronco until (probably) summer 2023. (Order banks aren’t open at the moment, so no way to verify if you even can order them.)

B) The only thing that needs to be done before Nov 21st is the COVP approval. You can leave it 99 until the late availability items are released.

Again—those are just guesses. I don’t know the answer.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Burning question in my mind is how many Raptors are going to be built a year....

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2023 Bronco Model Year Dealer Playbook has been released.

UPDATED WITH GREAT SUMMARY FROM @RagnarKon

CARRY-OVER ORDERS

Ford will automatically be copying over non-scheduled 2022 orders to the 2023 order banks. Much like the 2021-to-2022 carry over last year, these orders will be given a priority code of 99 (the “do not build” code) to allow you and your dealer to confirm options and pricing before the order is eligible for scheduling.

Two things to note based on what Laura posted earlier:
Users with carry-over orders will be receiving an email from Ford on Sept 21st will additional information on how to confirm your order.

UNCONVERTED RESERVATIONS

COVP PROCESS

All carry-over orders and converted reservations are subject to COVP. This is a additional verification process that was used with the Maverick last year and a few times in the past with Ford’s other vehicle. It requires your dealer to submit additional paperwork and a copy of your driver’s license to Ford for verification. If this is not done your order will not be eligible for build.

As previously reported, the order guide is expected to be published on September 19th. The Build & Price tool is expected to go live sometime between September 19th and September 21st.

PRICE PROTECTION

Ford will continue to price protect orders based on their originally submitted reservation or order date. Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023. (Obviously the devil is in the exact details on this, and dealers weren’t given the exact details yet.)

BRONCO HERITAGE EDITION

Heritage Edition is a late availability option, and will be generally available just like every other trim. Much like Everglades, anyone can place an order for Heritage.

Bronco Heritage Limited edition is also a late availability option and is a production limited trim with a total of 3,932 units split between 2023 and 2024. (This was previously announced during the original Heritage announcement.)

DEALER ALLOCATION

Dealer allocations will work slightly differently for Bronco than the standard formula.

All non-production limited trims (including Heritage):
Bronco Raptor allocation:
Heritage Limited allocation:
TL;DR— @flip is correct. The big takeaway is the COVP process and the need to convert your reservation before Nov 21st.

2023 Bronco Dates / Calendar / Schedule:

Ford Bronco 2023MY Bronco Dealer Playbook released for reservation conversion, carry-over orders, COVP, price protection, Heritage Edition, allocations, dates  2023 Bronco calendar : schedule

A screenshot from dealer playbook:

Ford Bronco 2023MY Bronco Dealer Playbook released for reservation conversion, carry-over orders, COVP, price protection, Heritage Edition, allocations, dates  2023 Bronco calendar : schedule
Thanks! Have been wanting to see this. Knew Wildtrak had to make itself different.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1) Anyone want to speculate how many current orders/reservations end up getting cancelled by Nov 21??
I'll guess it'll be in the neighborhood of 20%. Whatever it ends up being, I'm hoping the backlog will be reduced significantly!

2) Still no mention of whether orders can be moved to a different dealer.... I would expect Ford to address this at some point. It could potentially help out hundreds of current customers stuck it long order lines.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Burning question in my mind is how many Raptors are going to be built a year....
Well that and there is now a Brpator allocation % of sales, but Ford now has a backlog of MY22s that didnt get done including mine. They just pile up the lines.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well that and there is now a Brpator allocation % of sales, but Ford now has a backlog of MY22s that didnt get done including mine. They just pile up the lines.
They’re good at that.
Every new product has a line. Perhaps learning from Tesla.

trying to get bronco to keep up with the cybertruck line.

lol

my wife gave me a hard time this morning as we just paid off the SUV. “Guess we’ll go without A payment for another two years”

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They’re good at that.
Every new product has a line. Perhaps learning from Tesla.

trying to get bronco to keep up with the cybertruck line.

lol

my wife gave me a hard time this morning as we just paid off the SUV. “Guess we’ll go without A payment for another two years”
its been nice without a payment since I sold my truck in May of 2021, but it has also wrecked a little bit of havoc on things and I am over it. I was ok with a couple months but now its been over a year lol
Sponsored