Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched that video the day they did it and took his comment as the black modular top being Q3 at the earliest.
It also solidified my thoughts on going standard Heritage body and doing the build that I like the most (at the moment 😉). I just need to see the price and what can be optioned on it, since I'd rather not have the signature lighting on it.
I think I advised some back when the MY'23 Production Preview was leaked that by reading the tea leaves, the standard HE may be the only way to get a mod top. It will eliminate PP. But that is no different if someone is bumped to MY'24 waiting for a black mod top where Ford hasn't committed to PP. With the prospect that PP is eliminated for MY'24, someone will be looking at paying an increase in MSRP to get a black mod top. Or they can pay MY'23 prices for a white mod top on a standard HE, and use the savings to get the top wrapped/painted.

Advertisement

Slyder

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I advised some back when the MY'23 Production Preview was leaked that by reading the tea leaves, the standard HE may be the only way to get a mod top. It will eliminate PP. But that is no different if someone is bumped to MY'24 waiting for a black mod top where Ford hasn't committed to PP. With the prospect that PP is eliminated for MY'24, someone will be looking at paying an increase in MSRP to get a black mod top. Or they can pay MY'23 prices for a white mod top on a standard HE, and use the savings to get the top wrapped/painted.
We must have read the same tea leaves.

Since I'm with Granger and the possible flood of 99er's coming that want the Modular top, I looked at it as a way to possibly keep myself from ending up in purgatory for another year (maybe) and not slipping too far back inline.

I lose price protection and all by going standard Heritage, but it'll be better, for the most part, than being stuck in purgatory for another year and end up paying MY'24 prices. If I actually get lucky enough to be built in MY'23, that is. :cautious:

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Vehicle Showcase
If I keep the mod top on my order and it becomes apparent it won't happen in MY23, will I be able to later change it to MIC and possibly get it scheduled (assuming allocations and all the other stars align)? Also, how does MY year line up with calendar year (when is MY23 Q3)? Thanks.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

COVP stuff needed to be uploaded by the dealer.

1663251685970.png

Once they input your info in a few fields and upload these two things and submit, they should be able to go into the "View Enrollments" tab to make sure it took and check for status updates.

The status will be one of the following....I don't remember how long it took mine to go from Pending to Approved but it was more than a day. You could ask the salesman to copy you on the email once program head quarters approves it as another layer of verification.

Approved – all proper documents were provided, enrollment has been processed and approved by PHQ.
Hold – enrollment has been submitted but proper documentation is missing.
Pending – enrollment and documents have been submitted and are currently under review by PHQ.
Canceled – Program Headquarters can cancel an enrollment on behalf of the dealer.

Wolfpack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm also wondering what will happen if a large enough group of people at your dealer select tge Heritage that it exceeds their allocation? I believe Ford said they will build enough Heritages to satisfy demand. Will their be a MY24 also? Or will they build all Heritages that were ordered in MY23?

Advertisement

Drewsifer

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at 14 months and will convert when it opens up. What are the odds that I can get a red heritage? I really love the inside graphics and scheme of the red version. I won't mind waiting, but if it's worthless to even try I will avoid it.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a reservation holder since August 2020 and I currently have a Badlands on Order. Can I change to a Wildtrak and keep price protection?

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What exactly does “Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023.” mean?

Are we price protected or are we paying 2023 prices?
If I ordered in Feb 2022, am I still going to pay that price or am I going to pay 2023 price? The difference is about $3000 since I’m 2022 and not 2022.5.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What exactly does “Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023.” mean?

Are we price protected or are we paying 2023 prices?
If I ordered in Feb 2022, am I still going to pay that price or am I going to pay 2023 price? The difference is about $3000 since I’m 2022 and not 2022.5.
The existing programs are still valid plus a new one. There is a price protection program for MY22 orders that will be rolling over to MY23, the details are not out yet, but its real.

Advertisement

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

COVP stuff needed to be uploaded by the dealer.

1663251685970.png

Once they input your info in a few fields and upload these two things and submit, they should be able to go into the "View Enrollments" tab to make sure it took and check for status updates.

The status will be one of the following....I don't remember how long it took mine to go from Pending to Approved but it was more than a day. You could ask the salesman to copy you on the email once program head quarters approves it as another layer of verification.

Approved – all proper documents were provided, enrollment has been processed and approved by PHQ.
Hold – enrollment has been submitted but proper documentation is missing.
Pending – enrollment and documents have been submitted and are currently under review by PHQ.
Canceled – Program Headquarters can cancel an enrollment on behalf of the dealer.
Thank you for the info flip👊 let's hope this doesn't turn into chaos with dealers missing this up.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a reservation holder since August 2020 and I currently have a Badlands on Order. Can I change to a Wildtrak and keep price protection?
Not exactly correct. For MY '23, that has not been spelled out yet. The change freeze may be lifted. Nobody seems to know as it is not detailed in the Playbook. Probably will get a second cert with another rebate of sorts for any '22-'23 increases onto your account like from '21-'22 based on the original '21 build.

I'm in the same boat as you, a pre March 19, 2021 order. I've asked everyone I can contact and it is not spelled out yet. Wanting to do changes on mine as well.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the info flip👊 let's hope this doesn't turn into chaos with dealers missing this up.
It's been going on for awhile now but we're talking about converting a bunch of orders that were unmonitored for the most part, into COVP. The good part is all of the people that went ghost on the dealer will have their orders removed and dealers that knew some in their system were "abandoned", won't get a free stock unit (unless they falsify the COVP info.).

My suggestion is to make sure someone gets a copy of the confirmation email to you and copy of the '23 DORA when the bank opens.

JeffL

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i ordered in jan or feb of 2022 and had to submit the COVD then. seems like something that should have been done from the start. and yes they provide a confirmation the COVD was "accepted" and the vehicle "could" be built
Advertisement