Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2023 Bronco Model Year Dealer Playbook has been released.

UPDATED WITH GREAT SUMMARY FROM @RagnarKon

CARRY-OVER ORDERS

Ford will automatically be copying over non-scheduled 2022 orders to the 2023 order banks. Much like the 2021-to-2022 carry over last year, these orders will be given a priority code of 99 (the “do not build” code) to allow you and your dealer to confirm options and pricing before the order is eligible for scheduling.

Two things to note based on what Laura posted earlier:
  • All existing Cyber Orange orders will be changed to Shadow Black. Make sure you have your dealer update your color if you want something different.
    • All existing Wildtrak orders will be given the HOSS 3.0 upgrade.
Users with carry-over orders will be receiving an email from Ford on Sept 21st will additional information on how to confirm your order.

UNCONVERTED RESERVATIONS

If you have an unconverted reservation you will receive an email from Ford on September 28th with information on how to convert your reservation for an order. If you do not convert your reservation to an order by November 21st, your reservation will automatically be canceled.

COVP PROCESS

All carry-over orders and converted reservations are subject to COVP. This is a additional verification process that was used with the Maverick last year and a few times in the past with Ford’s other vehicle. It requires your dealer to submit additional paperwork and a copy of your driver’s license to Ford for verification. If this is not done your order will not be eligible for build.

ORDER GUIDE AND BUILD & PRICE AVAILABILITY

As previously reported, the order guide is expected to be published on September 19th. The Build & Price tool is expected to go live sometime between September 19th and September 21st.

PRICE PROTECTION

Ford will continue to price protect orders based on their originally submitted reservation or order date. Previous price protection will be carried over and updated to include MSRP price increases for 2023. (Obviously the devil is in the exact details on this, and dealers weren’t given the exact details yet.)

BRONCO HERITAGE EDITION

Heritage Edition is a late availability option, and will be generally available just like every other trim. Much like Everglades, anyone can place an order for Heritage.

BRONCO HERITAGE LIMITED EDITION

Bronco Heritage Limited edition is also a late availability option and is a production limited trim with a total of 3,932 units split between 2023 and 2024. (This was previously announced during the original Heritage announcement.)

DEALER ALLOCATION

Dealer allocations will work slightly differently for Bronco than the standard formula.

All non-production limited trims (including Heritage):
  • 50% - 2022MY Bronco allocation and Bronco Sport sales relative to the rest of the nation
    • 50% - Total Ford sales relative to the rest of the nation
Bronco Raptor allocation:
  • 60% - 2022MY Bronco allocation
    • 40% - 2020 to 2022 F-150 Raptor sales
      • All dealers are guaranteed at least 1 Bronco Raptor
Heritage Limited allocation:
  • All dealers are guaranteed at least 1 Bronco Heritage Limited in either 2023 or 2024.
    • Ford will be placing a maximum limit on the amount of Heritage Limited Broncos any one dealer can receive to ensure all dealers get at least one.
      • Heritage Limited is NOT permitted to be sold to brokers, and dealers caught selling to brokers will be punished.
TL;DR— @flip is correct. The big takeaway is the COVP process and the need to convert your reservation before Nov 21st.

2023 Bronco Dates / Calendar / Schedule:

Ford Bronco 2023MY Bronco Dealer Playbook released for reservation conversion, carry-over orders, COVP, price protection, Heritage Edition, allocations, dates  2023 Bronco calendar : schedule

A screenshot from dealer playbook:

Ford Bronco 2023MY Bronco Dealer Playbook released for reservation conversion, carry-over orders, COVP, price protection, Heritage Edition, allocations, dates 1663098029441
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay fine let’s speculate. Has Ford ever included the COVP writing under the “action requested” in the previous 2 years?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah shit... here we go again

brantleybryant789

Badlands
First Name
Brantley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay fine let’s speculate. Has Ford ever included the COVP writing under the “action requested” in the previous 2 years?
We had to complete the COVP on all new customer orders earlier this year before the order banks closed. We also did this for all orders…not just Bronco.

Sponsored
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since someone is bound to ask for verification, I happened to stop by on a thread of ‘22 hope to see my salesperson and he waved in front of me said playbook, seemingly excitedly? Perhaps to have answers for all the people calling to yell at him every day. He then told me my order popped up on one of the ‘23 conversion databases released today.
No biggie, it’s only been 711 days since reservation and now the third model year.

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2023 Bronco Model Year Dealer Playbook has been released.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Bronco Dealer Playbook released for reservation conversion, carry-over orders, COVP, price protection, Heritage Edition, allocations, dates 1663123497408
My Dealer’s Order Manager sent this to me this morning:

“Good morning, your order will be 23 model. I apologize for all the delays. Ford did put a 23 order in the system, so you have 2 orders in there as of now. The 22 will not get scheduled ford is doing this so they know which customers need to get pulled first. You should have a vin number by end of October. I am hoping for delivery by December. I hope this is some sort of good news.”

So it goes…

I have other reservations but I wanted a Bronco. I guess I’ll wait a bit more.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this the full playbook? That’s it?
This is just a summary of action. Dealers have to log in to gain access. I buried the screenshot in another thread yesterday. It was deemed important enough to warrant a separate thread by the administrator.

The important takeaway for us is that the process has begun with automatic conversion of unscheduled MY'22 orders to MY'23 orders. The Dealer Order Guide is still scheduled for release on 9/19. On 9/21, Dealers will be able to make changes/update MY'23 orders. They will have 2 weeks before the first round of scheduling for MY'23 takes place on 10/6.
Sponsored