First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And the sad thing is you will probably get it a year before us who were pushed to MY23 wanting the dual tops and we will be in the same boat as you.
You are probably correct, and I put my $500 deposit and placed my order on 2/4/22, so how I got a build date in less than 8 mos, with tow, MIC, and PPF (maybe the 4 dr w/2.3L and MT helped), I'll never understand. I've been a Chevy guy for about the last 30 years, and the Bronco got me to switch, although I was emailing with a Chevy dealer about ordering a 2022 Trail Boss LT (was going to be around $65,000, for a frickin' truck) w/standard bed and Duramax, since I thought that I'd see my Bronco, maybe, in a year or so, when the email w/the 9/16 build date popped up. Cancelled the Chevy (was on the verge of giving him my CC # for a $1,000 non-refundable deposit) and started looking up accessories for the Bronco. Holding off on the accessories orders until I get confirmation of a delivery date, because I trust Ford about as far as I can throw my '21 Trail Boss! I do feel for the people who have been waiting for frickin' forever for their Bronco's, and the only consolation i can think of is that once we get them, the wait will be over and the fun will commence! Hang in there, Brother!

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I see a lot of talk about the mod tops that people have been waiting on and many may be disappointed. If you have time go out and watch the Bronco Nation youtube video from Suoer Celebration West posted recently with Matt Winter the new Bronco Brand Manager. Not sure what happened to Esteban Plaza. Anyway he answers questions started around minute 22:00. A nice little gem around 30:35. The Bronco Brand Manager says "I can't speak about that" when asked about the black mod tops. Its worth watching his segment because he vaguely answers some of these questions. We may not see the long promised black mod top on Broncos for MY23 or maybe they will only be available on the Raptor. Begin the speculation.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to the dealer today...I have a new my’23 order with 99 status...could not open or Look at it...had a 4dr badlands Sasquatch ready for pick up the folks had been waiting 18 months for...gives me hope I may see mine by summer??? Unless I decide to change to heritage...

First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 2D 2.3 mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, for those of crazy enough to have watched all this go down and STILL want to place an order, no dates for when that will open yet, correct?

September 21 shows as order banks opening for dealer stock only…but I imagine they’ll truly only do dealer stock because they can tack on ADM. Just wondering if any would order for a customer at that time. (Listen, I can dream.)

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I see a lot of talk about the mod tops that people have been waiting on and many may be disappointed. If you have time go out and watch the Bronco Nation youtube video from Suoer Celebration West posted recently with Matt Winter the new Bronco Brand Manager. Not sure what happened to Esteban Plaza. Anyway he answers questions started around minute 22:00. A nice little gem around 30:35. The Bronco Brand Manager says "I can't speak about that" when asked about the black mod tops. Its worth watching his segment because he vaguely answers some of these questions. We may not see the long promised black mod top on Broncos for MY23 or maybe they will only be available on the Raptor. Begin the speculation.
Just got a chance to watch it, he wasn't hesitant at all about the white tops being available for the HEs so maybe the black top availability will depend on how the HEs sell. Black mod was already a Q4 late availability so in my mind the inventory goes to HEs first and as top production ramps up they'll have black available.

But yeah, who knows right?

rockn

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, for those of crazy enough to have watched all this go down and STILL want to place an order, no dates for when that will open yet, correct?

September 21 shows as order banks opening for dealer stock only…but I imagine they’ll truly only do dealer stock because they can tack on ADM. Just wondering if any would order for a customer at that time. (Listen, I can dream.)

Yeah that dealer stock only confuses me. Why is dealer stock order a priority over possible new custom orders? They are not even mentioned at all.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah that dealer stock only confuses me. Why is dealer stock order a priority over possible new custom orders? They are not even mentioned at all.
The dealers who have been delivering trucks ordered in the last 12 months, large allocation dealers, will now be flush with "Stock" Broncos. No need to mess with those pesky "special orders."
Great news for walk-in customers! 🎆🎇
Do you think they will add ADM? 🤣😂🤣

Scoops McGooch

Wildtrak
First Name
Scoops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan/Former Jeep Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is just a summary of action. Dealers have to log in to gain access. I buried the screenshot in another thread yesterday. It was deemed important enough to warrant a separate thread by the administrator.

The important takeaway for us is that the process has begun with automatic conversion of unscheduled MY'22 orders to MY'23 orders. The Dealer Order Guide is still scheduled for release on 9/19. On 9/21, Dealers will be able to make changes/update MY'23 orders. They will have 2 weeks before the first round of scheduling for MY'23 takes place on 10/6.
Thank you amigo for sharing the info!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you remember back when the HE(s) were revealed and next with the MY'23 Production Preview, the availability of the mod top for other trims was announced. I made the supposition at the time, that HE(s) would be given priority and even then the HEL would receive priority over the standard HE. Any order that options the black mod top will be able to do so, but don't expect any priority to it being built. More likely that mod top production will fall short (yet again) and any order that isn't a HE will be left in purgatory and bumped into MY'24.

YouTube Clip referenced above cued up to 25 min mark -

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you remember back when the HE(s) were revealed and next with the MY'23 Production Preview, the availability of the mod top for other trims was announced. I made the supposition at the time, that HE(s) would be given priority and even then the HEL would receive priority over the standard HE. Any order that options the black mod top will be able to do so, but don't expect any priority to it being built. More likely that mod top production will fall short (yet again) and any order that isn't a HE will be left in purgatory and bumped into MY'24.

YouTube Clip referenced above cued up to 25 min mark -
I watched that video the day they did it and took his comment as the black modular top being Q3 at the earliest.
It also solidified my thoughts on going standard Heritage body and doing the build that I like the most (at the moment 😉). I just need to see the price and what can be optioned on it, since I'd rather not have the signature lighting on it.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched that video the day they did it and took his comment as the black modular top being Q3 at the earliest.
It also solidified my thoughts on going standard Heritage body and doing the build that I like the most (at the moment 😉). I just need to see the price and what can be optioned on it, since I'd rather not have the signature lighting on it.
I think I advised some back when the MY'23 Production Preview was leaked that by reading the tea leaves, the standard HE may be the only way to get a mod top. It will eliminate PP. But that is no different if someone is bumped to MY'24 waiting for a black mod top where Ford hasn't committed to PP. With the prospect that PP is eliminated for MY'24, someone will be looking at paying an increase in MSRP to get a black mod top. Or they can pay MY'23 prices for a white mod top on a standard HE, and use the savings to get the top wrapped/painted.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think I advised some back when the MY'23 Production Preview was leaked that by reading the tea leaves, the standard HE may be the only way to get a mod top. It will eliminate PP. But that is no different if someone is bumped to MY'24 waiting for a black mod top where Ford hasn't committed to PP. With the prospect that PP is eliminated for MY'24, someone will be looking at paying an increase in MSRP to get a black mod top. Or they can pay MY'23 prices for a white mod top on a standard HE, and use the savings to get the top wrapped/painted.
We must have read the same tea leaves.

Since I'm with Granger and the possible flood of 99er's coming that want the Modular top, I looked at it as a way to possibly keep myself from ending up in purgatory for another year (maybe) and not slipping too far back inline.

I lose price protection and all by going standard Heritage, but it'll be better, for the most part, than being stuck in purgatory for another year and end up paying MY'24 prices. If I actually get lucky enough to be built in MY'23, that is. :cautious:

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I keep the mod top on my order and it becomes apparent it won't happen in MY23, will I be able to later change it to MIC and possibly get it scheduled (assuming allocations and all the other stars align)? Also, how does MY year line up with calendar year (when is MY23 Q3)? Thanks.
Sponsored