Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the one hand - I guess I'm no longer envious of those with MY23s...

On the other - I don't like how Ford is "solving" this. Even if they weren't willing to pay for it, if they had at least offered a solution to make adding an amp/ sub easier, this would be easier to stomach....but they don't technically owe us anything, so 🤷‍♂️

So it’s basically the same system the 2021 has, no subwoofer, at least they are giving a small credit.
MY21 and 22.
Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still confused why there is a general consensus that the base 6-speaker system is "horrible". I have pretty young ears and this system works great with Spotify.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still confused why there is a general consensus that the base 6-speaker system is "horrible". I have pretty young ears and this system works great with Spotify.
To be fair It's not "horrible". It's about what you'd expect for a sound system in a $20,000 - $28,000 car these days.

The problem is the Bronco starts at $32,000, and there are vehicles that start at $48,000 that still have the same base sound system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that pulls the "nonfunctional amp" and doesn't want, I'd like to have one. I'm confused as to what the hell they would've put in (empty case?) if they're acting like there's something actually installed. Also, wonder if the sub box is installed with a block off plate, open or even there at all. This isn't the 7 speaker system but I thought the speaker was sold with the housing. Can't imagine they'd put an empty box in.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1671132734602

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I can figure is they put a nonfunctional amp in to save the time/cost of modifying the wiring harness in the vehicle. Just put the empty case in there to make the wiring connections complete again.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is a non-functional amp? I mean are they trying to say it in poor Ford speak that it is non-functional for a sub or they added something that is just non-functional……

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that pulls the "nonfunctional amp" and doesn't want, I'd like to have one. I'm confused as to what the hell they would've put in (empty case?) if they're acting like there's something actually installed. Also, wonder if the sub box is installed with a block off plate, open or even there at all. This isn't the 7 speaker system but I thought the speaker was sold with the housing. Can't imagine they'd put an empty box in.
Do you think they possibly just removed the sub circuitry of the amp and the rest of the internals still function with the system?

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is a non-functional amp? I mean are they trying to say it in poor Ford speak that it is non-functional for a sub or they added something that is just non-functional……
It's like going to Ikea and seeing the fake electronics staged on the showroom floor, lol.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think they possibly just removed the sub circuitry of the amp and the rest of the internals still function with the system?
Don't know. I thought the subs got their own amps and the 6 speaker was run off the ACM. The wiring diagrams aren't complete so not completely sure. This looks like the sub/amp is stand alone.
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1671135675241

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The charm of buying the “new” bronco has worn off and this I guess is the final straw for me. Still looks cool and may get one in a few years when Ford gets their act together, but this is an on-going embarrassment. Time to request my $100 deposit back. My 4xe is too damn nice to deal with this crap. Good luck to everyone else!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I see, "can't be retrofit", I get the urge to prove that wrong. According to the wiring, the amp gets a signal from the head unit for power and processed audio signal. If the output is there, me thinks it's doable.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 1671135675241
From the acknowledgement form:
In an effort to accomplish this, your vehicle will be delivered with the Ford Bronco audio system, but with a subwoofer that is non-functional, which unfortunately has been impacted by the ongoing global semiconductor microchip shortage.

What does this mean for you? The Ford Bronco audio system includes 7-speakers including a subwoofer, which boosts lower frequencies (i.e. bass). Without an operating subwoofer, these lower frequencies will be transmitted at a lower output level. Your vehicle will not be retrofit. Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your Bronco has been reduced by $250

I'm wondering if maybe the subwoofer and everything will be there except for the amplifier circuitry since it sounds like a chip shortage issue rather than a woofer issue. It says Ford will not retrofit the subwoofer functionality but it doesn't say it's not possible to do it yourself. I'm very interested to see how this plays out but I guess we're 4-6 weeks from seeing one of these at a dealer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the acknowledgement form:
In an effort to accomplish this, your vehicle will be delivered with the Ford Bronco audio system, but with a subwoofer that is non-functional, which unfortunately has been impacted by the ongoing global semiconductor microchip shortage.

What does this mean for you? The Ford Bronco audio system includes 7-speakers including a subwoofer, which boosts lower frequencies (i.e. bass). Without an operating subwoofer, these lower frequencies will be transmitted at a lower output level. Your vehicle will not be retrofit. Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your Bronco has been reduced by $250

I'm wondering if maybe the subwoofer and everything will be there except for the amplifier circuitry since it sounds like a chip shortage issue rather than a woofer issue. It says Ford will not retrofit the subwoofer functionality but it doesn't say it's not possible to do it yourself. I'm very interested to see how this plays out but I guess we're 4-6 weeks from seeing one of these at a dealer.
Right and Ford isn't making the amp so it's a matter of finding out who that is and see if they offer a consumer version or another amp with similar specs.
Sponsored