First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 23 showed up Friday. I got to go by and look at it and drive it yesterday and pick it up in the morning. I am one of the sub deleted builds but looking in the back where the normal cubby hole is there's an actual speaker cover. I will investigate more when I pick it up but judging by the sound there is obviously no sub (or at least functioning sub) unsure if it is in there or not but they didn't bother changing the interior trim back to the cubby hole which is even more annoying lol.
The trim being there sounds promissing, looking forward to what you find behind it.
Sponsored

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trim being there sounds promissing, looking forward to what you find behind it.
Me too if anything it may be promising to be able to add a small sub in the location. I work nights and by the time I get it home I may be MIA until Tuesday morning.

feel free to quote me to ping my email and remind me if I don't chime back in lol

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My skid plate issue is that I got the mod bumper and plastic skid plates.
This has been happening a lot lately Ford trying to pull a fast one apparently.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My skid plate issue is that I got the mod bumper and plastic skid plates.
This has been happening a lot lately Ford trying to pull a fast one apparently.
I just read about this this AM. Just a lot of shady stuff going on. Hope you get it resolved.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t see anything about the timing of this. I have a 2023 bronco base built (as of 12/6 according to tracker), and I’m wondering if mine will be one of the few to get the subwoofer before this mandatory delete is implemented.
Just to confirm. Mine has the sub.

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to confirm. Mine has the sub.
So you did or didn't have the -$250 delete on your WS? I only ask as 12/6 was before they started removing them

meanmussy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just picked up a 2023, and it has the 6 spkr w/ the $250 credit. Everything else was what I wanted, so I went for it.

Just walked out to the garage and put a flashlight up to the speaker grill in the cargo area, and as far as I can tell there IS actually a speaker back there. I almost would have preferred that they would have not installed it, because now it feels like a big tease.

Time to figure out what exactly is missing and how to add it aftermarket to make the sub functional.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just picked up a 2023, and it has the 6 spkr w/ the $250 credit. Everything else was what I wanted, so I went for it.

Just walked out to the garage and put a flashlight up to the speaker grill in the cargo area, and as far as I can tell there IS actually a speaker back there. I almost would have preferred that they would have not installed it, because now it feels like a big tease.

Time to figure out what exactly is missing and how to add it aftermarket to make the sub functional.
I’m interested in what you find. I was fortunate enough to get the sub. I’m wondering if I can add a 4 channel amp for the fronts and rear. From what I understand even though there are six speakers it’s 4 channels?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m interested in what you find. I was fortunate enough to get the sub. I’m wondering if I can add a 4 channel amp for the fronts and rear. From what I understand even though there are six speakers it’s 4 channels?
Well up until at least '23 (I'm assuming it's the same in '23 but haven't seen it 100% confirmed) the wiring for the base stereo had the front 4 speakers being fed by 2 channels (with the other 2 channels to the back 2 speakers). The front channels lead from the head unit to the kick speakers where there's a crossover of some sort at the speaker wiring junction that then feeds a subsequent speaker wire run to the corner dash 4" speakers.

4dtrkman

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well up until at least '23 (I'm assuming it's the same in '23 but haven't seen it 100% confirmed) the wiring for the base stereo had the front 4 speakers being fed by 2 channels (with the other 2 channels to the back 2 speakers). The front channels lead from the head unit to the kick speakers where there's a crossover of some sort at the speaker wiring junction that then feeds a subsequent speaker wire run to the corner dash 4" speakers.
That’s what I understood as well. Supposedly the Sub has an amp wired to it in the rear quarter panel. I am assuming that is a separate channel and I could install a 4 channel like on the 21-22s. I guess I am just looking for some confirmation from someone that has more knowledge or possibly an actual wiring diagram.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that is great news! Quite possibly down the road you will be able to buy whatever it is they left off as an accessory or through parts.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

+1 to confirm the unpowered sub is installed. Interested to see if someone comes up with a simple solution to make use of it.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone removed the trim panel to see if the amp is mounted to the sub enclosure and wires run to it?

Since the trim panel and sub are present it should be easy to mount up an amp with a plugnplay harness.

Rupertlr

Base
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj80
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder if Ford will sell a whatever is missing kit once everything gets caught up. I’ll guess the msrp of the parts, $249.99 😉

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That article said it "can't" be retrofit, but the official Ford communication says it "won't" be retrofit. I would bet that it will be possible to retrofit.
Good catch. I bet the Bronco wiring harness hasn't changed. Ford would have to redo their production line otherwise. Same with mounting brackets. That's why they're putting in a "non-functional amplifier." I think once the missing parts are available again we'll be able to buy the amplifier as a spare part and install it.
Sponsored

Last edited: