First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my 23 OBX before they got rid of the sub and amps (December 17th) and I just went out to test it after seeing people say nothings coming out of theirs. I have sound coming out of mine but it’s my no means a strong sub. You have to turn the bass all the way up on the eq
Sponsored

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know a ford tech guy who gave me some guidance. He told me to go ahead plug a speaker to it and give it a try, but most likely it’s been disabled. Forscan was the advise to turn it back on.
Hooked a speaker up and I got nothing, nada, zip. I’m not a tech guy, the whole forscan thing dumbfounds me. Looks like I’ll be going the expensive route.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my 23 OBX before they got rid of the sub and amps (December 17th) and I just went out to test it after seeing people say nothings coming out of theirs. I have sound coming out of mine but it’s my no means a strong sub. You have to turn the bass all the way up on the eq
Newspeak Disabled = empty box.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would great if anyone who made the cutoff would take a pic of the part numbers of their sub and amp.

Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I decided to open the amp up. Yup, nothing in it. An empty metal box.
Has anyone put a meter up to the harness to see if any power and/or signal is coming from the head unit to that "amplifier"? That would determine if this is a plug n play situation. I guess you could source OEM speaker and amplifier. Another possibility is you could get subwoofer sound signal from the harness and not all the way upfront.

My Bronco order is delayed due to the ice storm in Texas otherwise I could put a meter on that harness myself.

Since there is an enclosure and panel with a grill, I am going to go the route a few on here have done and modify to accept an aftermarket 8" subwoofer and aftermarket amp with actual useful power. That should be enough bass for me with an upgrade (replace speakers and use kicker key 200.4) on the rest of the base audio system. If there was subwoofer level signal going back already, one might be able to tap that for aftermarket equipment. Although it likely still needs dedicated power as I imagine the power going to the rear OEM amplifier is minimal for that relatively low power amplifier.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone put a meter up to the harness to see if any power and/or signal is coming from the head unit to that "amplifier"? That would determine if this is a plug n play situation. I guess you could source OEM speaker and amplifier. Another possibility is you could get subwoofer sound signal from the harness and not all the way upfront.

My Bronco order is delayed due to the ice storm in Texas otherwise I could put a meter on that harness myself.

Since there is an enclosure and panel with a grill, I am going to go the route a few on here have done and modify to accept an aftermarket 8" subwoofer and aftermarket amp with actual useful power. That should be enough bass for me with an upgrade (replace speakers and use kicker key 200.4) on the rest of the base audio system. If there was subwoofer level signal going back already, one might be able to tap that for aftermarket equipment. Although it likely still needs dedicated power as I imagine the power going to the rear OEM amplifier is minimal for that relatively low power amplifier.
I was going to go this route as well until I read this thread.

(1) 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Now I think I'll start with the Sub and amp and see how it is and then add speakers if it still needs it starting with 4".

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s where I’m at. The sub speaker was a dummy, no magnet or voice coil. The amp has a board in it but only had the input and output connectors attached to it.
Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed 3270B336-2651-4298-8C59-CBE253AA8E70

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed B9248837-0A6E-4F55-807B-8BC70E021689

I pinned the input connector last night and here’s whatI found. There are a total of 5 wires in the connector. A Yellow/red 12ga wire, it has 12volts hot of the battery. A Black/green 12ga that is a ground. A yellow/brown 22 ga that had .002 volt with radio on. Then a green/white and purpl/green 20ga right next to each other that had 5.2-5.4 volts with the radio on.
A very nice fellow forum member is mailing me his functioning early production run 2023 amp since he already upgraded his system. When I get that I’m going to plug it together with a good speaker and see if it works.
Its a rabbit hole I started down and now it’s become a challenge to figure out. I’ll post here what I find out after I get the amp.

Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
pinned the input connector last night and here’s whatI found. There are a total of 5 wires in the connector. A Yellow/red 12ga wire, it has 12volts hot of the battery. A Black/green 12ga that is a ground. A yellow/brown 22 ga that had .002 volt with radio on. Then a green/white and purpl/green 20ga right next to each other that had 5.2-5.4 volts with the radio on.
Good work. I wonder if the 5V wires are the signal which would be line level instead of speaker level and could someone adapt these to rca connects for aftermarket amps? You still have to deal with power and remote turn on vs signal level activation I wonder if plugnplay would offer a conversion harness.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have the delete message on mine but feel the same as you. I hear nothing from the sub and it is not really worth it.

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to go this route as well until I read this thread.

(1) 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Now I think I'll start with the Sub and amp and see how it is and then add speakers if it still needs it starting with 4".
That's my thread and I promise you thats all most people need. The dash speakers sound way better now but you need a filter on them. That kicker sub bumps and the kick panel gives off pretty much no bass even with the 200.4. its just a waste of time and money. If you have both of those, it will sound better but only 10-20% better but thats all subjective.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold the f-ing phone guys. We might be barking up the wrong tree on this inactive sub woofer. I just pulled the box out of the Bronco, then pulled the speaker. There is no magnet, nothing connecting to the cone at all. All the wire connections were made right up to the speaker but there is no magnet or anything to drive this cone.

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed B9248837-0A6E-4F55-807B-8BC70E021689
i have a 2023 build date march with subwoofer delete. will it come with the subbox

Ibfurloughed

Badlands
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Baldlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did. Who knows what they’ll be doing a few weeks.
Sponsored