Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly a regular 4 door With a hard top that is able to be placed right up to the rear seat so there is a “mini” bed I would go for that too... ?

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly a regular 4 door With a hard top that is able to be placed right up to the rear seat so there is a “mini” bed I would go for that too... ?
That design could work on the 2 and 4 door variants. If we don't see if from the factory I imagine the aftermarket will make it an option.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know why i cant be a slightly long version of the regular 4 door with a flat floor, no rear doors, a fold and tumble rear seat, and a option to trade the jump seat for a bulkhead. Really it could be the same length as a 4 door. Maybe a longer front door or something.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
While cool, from what I understand there are currently zero plans for a Bronco pickup. Next gen ranger is apparently going to blow the doors off the competition so Ford wants to focus on that. Zero reason to have two vehicles that cannibalize each other.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
While cool, from what I understand there are currently zero plans for a Bronco pickup. Next gen ranger is apparently going to blow the doors off the competition so Ford wants to focus on that. Zero reason to have two vehicles that cannibalize each other.
but FCA is coming out with the Dakota soon. So they will have 2 midsize trucks. And you can bet the Dakota will be set up similar

Sounds like the Bronco Truck won’t be out till late 2023 as a 2024 model. (That’s pre Covid news)

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly if they figure a way for the back seats to lay flat with hardened rubber on them and the back half of the cab is removable, you'd have a decent size are to use as a bed in a pinch.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just stick with my F150, personally. There is so much room inside my truck.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Escape-Bronco Sport?
escape is bigger. Bronco sport smaller. And many automakers have both.

Bronco Sport - Escape
Compass - Cherokee
Trailblazer - Equinox
CX30 - Cx3
Seltos - Sportage

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
but FCA is coming out with the Dakota soon. So they will have 2 midsize trucks. And you can bet the Dakota will be set up similar

Sounds like the Bronco Truck won’t be out till late 2023 as a 2024 model. (That’s pre Covid news)
From what I understand the Dakota will likely be a bit more of a budget option and likely won’t have a raptor version like the ranger raptor. It’s possible a Bronco pickup will happen but I think with the fact that the Bronco itself will be a bit more truck like than a Jeep will even further decrease the necessity.
Escape-Bronco Sport?
2 pretty different vehicles. I read somewhere on here that Ford expects Bronco sport to be 50/50 male female buyers. I’d bet the current gen escape is 75/25.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand the Dakota will likely be a bit more of a budget option and likely won’t have a raptor version like the ranger raptor. It’s possible a Bronco pickup will happen but I think with the fact that the Bronco itself will be a bit more truck like than a Jeep will even further decrease the necessity.

2 pretty different vehicles. I read somewhere on here that Ford expects Bronco sport to be 50/50 male female buyers. I’d bet the current gen escape is 75/25.
yes The Dakota will likely be a cheaper option (with a base trim and 4 banger option) however I fully expect a GT/RT trim for the Dakota.

yes a Ranger Raptor will be available. But I just wonder if the packaging will be different on the two. Something like bed sizes or street packing idk.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
escape is bigger. Bronco sport smaller. And many automakers have both.

Bronco Sport - Escape
Compass - Cherokee
Trailblazer - Equinox
CX30 - Cx3
Seltos - Sportage
That's the point I was trying to make. What I've read on Blue Oval, Bronco Sport may be slightly smaller, but passenger space will be identical.
Sponsored