Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want a two door truck. My kid and wife would think that’s silly. Before I had a kid I had several two door trucks. And it was awesome only having two doors. So, now I would only buy something with a backseat. I think lots of people want two doors, just not practical for most when new pickups cost an annual salary and financed until they’re worn out.
Something like this would be great.
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Pickup Truck Rendered 1
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I have a full size bronco with a swing arm and a tailgate and have several times driven home with the back open. The simple answer is a ratchet strap. Im sure ford could come up with a locking mechanism. in a position where the tail light is not obstructed. Its pretty simple. Unless you have a street only full size truck and superfast AAA service the spare under the bed is just a pain in the butt. Id mount it on the front bumper before I purposefully did that.
If Chevy can come up with an over complicated tail gate, Ford should be able to do something that allows it to open as a tail gate and have the spare swing underneath. With a power operated gate, it would seem possible.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Chevy can come up with an over complicated tail gate, Ford should be able to do something that allows it to open as a tail gate and have the spare swing underneath. With a power operated gate, it would seem possible.
Ugh power operated tailgates. That stuff is gonna be so heavy in 20 years when it don't work anymore. Probably all get replaced by tailgate nets in 15 years. What is so hard about doing 2 things at once. Swing tire open gate, 5 to 6 seconds tops.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ugh power operated tailgates. That stuff is gonna be so heavy in 20 years when it don't work anymore. Probably all get replaced by tailgate nets in 15 years. What is so hard about doing 2 things at once. Swing tire open gate, 5 to 6 seconds tops.
Sometimes when I park in a parking lot, someone will park behind me so close I can't even get between., let alone if I had a swing gate. When the Ecosport came out, there were hundreds of negative complaints posted on Ford FB website about the swing gate.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd be first in line on this bad boy if Jeep ever decided to put in production. I'm pretty sure the four doors and bed size will work just fine for me. It would sure look great parked in my garage next to my Bronco Raptor. Lol
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Pickup Truck Rendered jeep-crew-chief-715-concept-2016-easter-jeep-safari_100549039_h

Last edited:

Sponsored

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The J6 is the cat’s ass. Unfortunately its a modded Wrangler and they say no plans to actually build it. While it looks amazing and ppl say they love it, apparently research shows that very few fans of this configuration would actually end up putting money down on a truck like this.
Put me down for one. I don't see any down side to it being a "modded Wrangler" for what I'd use it for, off-roading in the tight two track trails of northern Michigan, light duty hauling on the farm, cruising the Silver Lake sand dunes, etc. I wouldn't expect to pull a 20+ foot camper with it, just our small utility trailer and a small fishing boat.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sometimes when I park in a parking lot, someone will park behind me so close I can't even get between., let alone if I had a swing gate. When the Ecosport came out, there were hundreds of negative complaints posted on Ford FB website about the swing gate.
Just the tire swinging on my bronco barely sticks out farther than the tailgate when down.
I will probably move my tire to a swing on the bumper and modify the gate to fold down.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why would you not move the rear axle back to center the bed to improve your departure angle?
That would decrease break over angle, increase turning radius and require a longer driveshaft ($). Under bed spare tire would interfere with rear axle travel.

There's no easy compromise for spare tire location-
  • Under bed: longer rear overhang.
  • Tailgate: eliminates drop down operation for longer loads (possible spare-to-bumper interference) heavy closing, might require reinforced latching mechanism.
  • In box: decreases cargo area, no soft- or folding box cover option
  • Stepside box :smaller box area
  • No spare: cheaper, lighter, but inconvenient especially with a gash off road.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe include an RV awning-type crank if it should fail! A swing out spare isn't practical for hauling longer objects with the tailgate down.

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mount the spare on the hood! "Ranger Rover"

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely not a customer for this. As has been said, a small bed is not useful. My first truck was a 2007 Frontier - 4 door. The bed was always just a tad short for everything I needed a bed for. When we got a travel trailer, I upgraded to the F-150. It was mandatory it had a 6.5 foot bed. With 2 kids, I opted for the supercab giving me the best of both worlds: room for 6 and a 6.5 foot bed.

Kinda hope the Bronco has rear removable seats.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seriously what is wrong with having a tailgate and a swing out spare tire carrier? Why does everyone think it has to be one thing? I see no reason to attach the spare to the gate. Its simple, easy, reliable, modifiy-able.

I haul long objects in my bronco all the time. I just use the ratchet strap tail from what Im hauling to secure the swing. If I wasnt lazy I would do the locking pin mod that others have done to mechanically lock the spare in a straight out position.

OP
OP
CSSM

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seriously what is wrong with having a tailgate and a swing out spare tire carrier? Why does everyone think it has to be one thing? I see no reason to attach the spare to the gate. Its simple, easy, reliable, modifiy-able.
It gets old having to open two things just to access the back.
Sponsored