First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It gets old having to open two things just to access the back.
Really? Better figure out a better pair of pants then, cause ya know they have a button and a zipper. How about a van with cargo doors, those must be so hard to open. Better have alexa unlock your front door for you so you dont have to put a key in and turn the door knob. Probably better off with a self driving car too so you dont have to work both pedals.

Honestly I am a lazy person, I always thought so and my dad (who was 44 years older)sure did too. But to say opening two things at once to get a final function that works for more situations, is just too hard. Its just plain sad. And a very telling statement on what is probably going to ruin the human race.

Not attacking you personally, just humanity.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CSSM

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really? Better figure out a better pair of pants then, cause ya know they have a button and a zipper. How about a van with cargo doors, those must be so hard to open. Better have alexa unlock your front door for you so you dont have to put a key in and turn the door knob. Probably better off with a self driving car too so you dont have to work both pedals.

Honestly I am a lazy person, I always thought so and my dad (who was 44 years older)sure did too. But to say opening two things at once to get a final function that works for more situations, is just too hard. Its just plain sad. And a very telling statement on what is probably going to ruin the human race.

Simple psychology. We are wired to take the path of least resistance. Take a new relationship - At first you won't mind a 30 minute drive to go see her/him but as the initial excitement slowly fades so does the motivation to make the drive. If she/he lives 15 minutes away that is less likely to happen/ would happen later. If you put all your booze on a high shelf in your basement it will be less tempting. If it takes two steps to access the rear of a car, a person will gradually do it less often and less often and before they know it they are putting groceries, packages, coolers, etc. in the back seat.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seriously what is wrong with having a tailgate and a swing out spare tire carrier? Why does everyone think it has to be one thing? I see no reason to attach the spare to the gate. Its simple, easy, reliable, modifiy-able.

I haul long objects in my bronco all the time. I just use the ratchet strap tail from what Im hauling to secure the swing. If I wasnt lazy I would do the locking pin mod that others have done to mechanically lock the spare in a straight out position.
We had early Broncos when I was growing up on 36 mile road. My mom worked at the Romeo post office and used her Bronco to deliver mail, an early 70's then later a '76 Bronco with the Explorer Package. Both of her Broncos came standard with a drop down rear tailgate and the swing away tire carrier was part of the Explorer package. The rear passenger seat was a $91.10 option. Boy how times have changed. My dad, mom, sister and I used to go camping every summer in the U.P. or Canada. One time we got stuck in bear country in the U.P. and we slept in the Bronco that night and walked out several miles the next morning to a house that had a phone to call a tow truck. Had to go to several houses as not everyone had a phone back then. The good old days.

Moms 1976 Ford Bronco.jpg

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though it's almost a lock that the Bronco Bronco will have the Swinging Rear Gate, I'm sure hoping for an aftermarket Swing Away Tire Holder and Tailgate.

Maybe FoMoCo will give us the Two Function Swing & Tailgate Option that they had on the station waggon years ago....

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though it's almost a lock that the Bronco Bronco will have the Swinging Rear Gate, I'm sure hoping for an aftermarket Swing Away Tire Holder and Tailgate.

Maybe FoMoCo will give us the Two Function Swing & Tailgate Option that they had on the station waggon years ago....
supposing it has dual functionality, I can almost guarantee I would use the swing gate function most often. However, if I had to chose one, it would be the tailgate all day long.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Want a hard top anyways..... it would be cool if they just did the tail gate with the window that rolled into it like the 90s... spare on its own swing gate.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Want a hard top anyways..... it would be cool if they just did the tail gate with the window that rolled into it like the 90s... spare on its own swing gate.
Best design Ive seen, only now there window with have a switch on the dash and your key fob.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the Alexa idea. But would like to go one step further, Alexa unlock door and open it for me. Lol.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the Alexa idea. But would like to go one step further, Alexa unlock door and open it for me. Lol.
"Alexa wipe my butt and change my shorts for me."

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"Alexa wipe my butt and change my shorts for me."
I'll be signing up immediatly when Alexa can do that. It's such a pain in the a_s wiping my own butt . Lol
Sponsored