Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The best looking EV truck besides the Sierra. That’s how you create the cab / bed overhang without looking too Chevrolet Avalanche ish.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Suicide doors? Interesting I'm not a big Ram fan. Kind of looks cool.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Barf. One giant iPad glued to modern vehicle dashboards wasn’t enough? They had to tack on two… :rolleyes:

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can't unsee this

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No thanks. All these weird contraptions just make Ford's choice to make the Lighting a traditional truck look better and better.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be on the wrong forum again.

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it’s just a concept but I think this thing rules. Love seeing the big manufacturers push the envelope like this

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thanks. All these weird contraptions just make Ford's choice to make the Lighting a traditional truck look better and better.
I owned a 2022 Lightning Pro for a couple months. I agree with you on the standard F-150 design being unobtrusive.

It was awesome to drive and the acceleration is savage, but electrics aren’t ready for prime time yet. The ~200 mile range, poor charging infrastructure, and extremely high energy prices where I live (38 cents per kWh) made it more expensive to drive than my ICE work truck. The winter range hit and poor heater design could drop the range down to under 140 miles. The home backup couldn’t work unless you got the extended range battery truck for $30K more and paid Sunrun $5K for the two way infrastructure. The costs are skyrocketing since the price of the lithium ore has increased to the stratosphere. My $46K Lightning would be $63K as a 2023 model, and the federal $7500 incentive isn’t certain. Maybe in 5 years they’ll be more viable.

Ford Bronco 2024 Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept Official Reveal ⚡️🐏 4239994F-2EA7-4C2F-80D6-65ED9E695E65

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does it look like they're trying to copy the godawful updated KIA logo? When did we decide that 80's futuristic design is back? Bleah.

Also, as someone who has always worked in tech, stop it with the giant touchscreens for everything, already. They're TERRIBLE for a car - just something else that requires the driver to look away from the road. Also, go search out what happens if you crack your Tesla infotainment screen - suddenly you can't control anything.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should be required to have a hazmat license to drive an EV. Just name this thing the Ram Fireball or Eternal Flame, lol.

Segment-redefining Ram 1500 Revolution Battery-electric Vehicle (BEV) Concept demonstrates Ram’s commitment to electric vehicle (EV) leadership
More puffery than the Northern Atlantic.

*this post demonstrates my commitment to invincibility

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stop it with the giant touchscreens for everything, already. They're TERRIBLE for a car - just something else that requires the driver to look away from the road.
In that vein, one minor gripe I have with the Bronco is the defrost/dash/floor vent controls. Having to select from the screen is not optimal. I don't even want to know what it's like to have no physical buttons at all.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 24 inch wheels tells me Ram doesn't expect customers to use this for anything truck related.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned a 2022 Lightning Pro for a couple months. I agree with you on the standard F-150 design being unobtrusive.

It was awesome to drive and the acceleration is savage, but electrics aren’t ready for prime time yet. The ~200 mile range, poor charging infrastructure, and extremely high energy prices where I live (38 cents per kWh) made it more expensive to drive than my ICE work truck. The winter range hit and poor heater design could drop the range down to under 140 miles. The home backup couldn’t work unless you got the extended range battery truck for $30K more and paid Sunrun $5K for the two way infrastructure. The costs are skyrocketing since the price of the lithium ore has increased to the stratosphere. My $46K Lightning would be $63K as a 2023 model, and the federal $7500 incentive isn’t certain. Maybe in 5 years they’ll be more viable.

Ford Bronco 2024 Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept Official Reveal ⚡️🐏 4239994F-2EA7-4C2F-80D6-65ED9E695E65
I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that the first iteration has some warts and the range probably would be much better if it was a blob like these other EV trucks.
Sponsored