First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was just making a comment that some still criticize the FORD logo even though it has been around since 2010.

BTW .. I like it and have no issues with it.

Was it? I remember the original SVT F-150 Raptor being pretty much universally acclaimed, it felt like the grill was the defining feature. The Ranger Raptor grill doesn't look bad but the 'FORD' sticks out like two inches from the surface of the grill, it does look a little bit strange if you're looking at it from a 3/4 view and not straight on from the front.
Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the link is down:

Yesterday I had the privilege of riding shotgun in a 2024 Ranger Raptor test mule my friend has access to through work. For comparison, I drive a 2019 Ranger Lariat with no mods other than the Ford Performance tune. I'm not into off-roading -- other than getting my mountain bike to the trailhead -- so this review is more focused on practical updates in the new model that will hopefully translate down the model line.

Let's get started with the pros:
  • It rides so much smoother than the stock suspension of the 5G model -- which is to be expected with the wider wheelbase and beefed up Raptor suspension.
  • The 3.0L V6 twin turbo has a nice growl to it. If you look at the engine compartment sticker, it appears they might offer the same engine lineup as the Bronco (2.3L 4-banger or 2.7L V6) in the other trim-levels.
  • Steering wheel paddle shifters. Not sure if that is Raptor-exclusive, but hoping they do away with the +/- buttons on the current gear shifter.
  • Roomier and updated interior. I'm 6'2" and it feels more spacious than the outgoing model with (mostly) nicer finishes. The interior door handles and window controls are also in a more practical place that don't require T-Rex arms to use.
  • 3 memory seating positions! Even the passenger seat has electronic controls.
  • Power rear-sliding window!
  • Infotainment setup with 13" vertical screen is nice. It even has wireless charging CarPlay and Android Auto. The B&O sound system sounded amazing!
  • Automatic 4WD option!
  • Hands-free lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control, 360-degree cameras, and self-parking (which we did not try).
  • Power adaptors in the bed. Also several mounting locations for tools and accessories.
  • And last but certainly not least: TAILGATE DAMPENER!!!
And now for a few nit-picky cons:
  • The 3.0L felt surprisingly sluggish. My friend also drives the Bronco Raptor on a regular basis and says that feels much faster. Even compared to my tuned 2.3L, it just seemed to miss that peppy get-up-and-go, even though I'm sure it's actually much faster than my truck. We tested 0-50 but did not go on the freeway to really see what it was capable of.
  • The rear cabin is very similar to the outgoing model. I was hoping for a 60/40 split bench and/or better under-seat storage.
  • The center console and gear-shift surround looks and feels a little cheaper than the current model. I'm hoping that's just because it's a test vehicle, but the plastic seemed to scratch easily.
Overall, it's a pretty nice ride that should put the competition to shame without encroaching too much on F-150 and Bronco territory. I'm just hoping that most of these options are available in the standard Ranger trim-levels, as that will likely be my next vehicle.

Disclaimer: since this is just a test vehicle, this is all speculation and opinion that I'm not reporting as fact :p

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6313.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

IMG_6315.jpeg

IMG_6316.jpeg

IMG_6317.jpeg

IMG_6318.jpeg

IMG_6651.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

IMG_6665.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6668.jpeg

IMG_6669.jpeg

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpeg

IMG_6672.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 4.28.13 PM.png

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What color is this Ranger and might we see it on the Bronco in 2024?

It might be my current favorite color since Ford got rid of rapid red.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you @TopRecon for the repost.

I really think the Ranger Raptor needs to at least hit 35s and the Ranger Tremor should be comparable to the Bronco Badlands with 33s. I would seriously consider either of those in lieu of an F150, but.... that's probably why Ford isn't doing it. I remember the nerfed SVT Focus because they couldn't get anywhere near the power of a Mustang or Ford Head Honchos would lose their minds.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
What color is this Ranger and might we see it on the Bronco in 2024?

It might be my current favorite color since Ford got rid of rapid red.
It's Hot Pepper Red according to the OP, glad he clarified because the low lighting does make it look like a different color.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the looks of the new GMC Canyon AT4 better.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks nice but the wheel wells on GM trucks are too damn narrow, it always looks like the body and wheels never match

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good. I would hope they put 35" tires on it.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The AT4X will probably perform better too, and the ZR2 will likely be $10k cheaper than this Raptor.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the 2021 GMC Canyon Denali diesel my mom bought.

I think they def went in the wrong direction with the styling. I think I will probably buy it off her and upgrade it to AT4 specs rather than buy anything Raptor or a new AT4.... Someday, the Bronco is fine for me right now.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s going to be interesting.

Want decent engine performance and good off-road performance? Go for the new ZR2 at 50K fully loaded.

Want a Toyota, or build the truck yourself with ton of aftermarket? Go with the all new Tacoma TRD offroad

Want the best engine performance of all 3 by far, and arguably the best factory off road performance of all 3? Go with Ranger Raptor, but price is likely to be 60K. Is 10K worth it to get a V6 400HP + live valve fox over the ZR2? This is for you to decide.

Personally there are other details I care about. The ZR2 has the basic adaptive cruise like on the Bronco. The new ranger gets intelligent adaptive cruise that work from 0mph and is a god send in traffic jams. Also has lane centering, which is much better than the crap Lane Keep assist we have on the bronco (and on the ZR2).
I much much prefer the interior of the new ZR2 though. The raptor looks like a toy inside, and that vertical screen no thank you.

Because of those details, I might end up with the all new Tacoma.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is the US ranger coming so much later than all other markets?

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is the US ranger coming so much later than all other markets?
Maybe because Bronco is prioritized in terms of production, so this buys more time to catch up. Can you imagine launching the new Ranger production now into an already maxed out MAP factory. 🙀
Sponsored