North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I looked at buying a Tacoma while waiting the almost 2 years for my Bronco to be built.

Problem being the cheapest Taco with a stick was still $10k more than my Bronco.
Utility and Reliability, Priceless.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To get Bronco level performance in the engine, they are cramming in a hybrid and touting the 465 peak lb/ft of torque.... LOL. Hybrid powertrains suck and I'm surprised it's the top trim motor instead of a twin turbo. Because it's a toyota they will be overpriced. A Ranger tremor is a better deal and a better truck, let alone a Ranger Raptor. I'm sure these will sell like hotcakes though. Yota's have a strong following.
These are not boomer hybrids from the past 20 years.

Have you ever heard of a hybrid called the powerboost? 430 hp,570 tq 7.2kw invertor, plus enough balls to throw you back into the seat. The only complaints I have with mine are the backup alarm and battery could be bigger.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are not boomer hybrids from the past 20 years.

Have you ever heard of a hybrid called the powerboost? 430 hp,570 tq 7.2kw invertor, plus enough balls to throw you back into the seat. The only complaints I have with mine are the backup alarm and battery could be bigger.
Good lord that powerboost backup alarm is one of the most irritating things ever put in any vehicle 😂 Idk wtf Ford was thinking, not even the all electric Lightning is that obnoxious about being in reverse.

Get Forscan. Change one bit of code, and unplug the unit under the glovebox. You will be infinitely happier with that truck.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sure, but I’m not Max Verstappen. I just don’t want to pay $6 a gallon to drive to and from work every day and would rather charge up that hybrid battery each night and commute for free. That’s the biggest downside of my Bronco today. I love driving it nonstop, but having a low cost way to commute in it without sacrificing roadtrip potential would make that experience so much better.

I’d go so far as to give up 5 gallons of fuel tank to fit a plugin hybrid system, honestly. For my use that would be perfect.
I'm totally with you but the reality is if they added a plug-in option a $40kish truck becomes at least a $55-$60k truck like the 4xe also - you're basically just paying your long term fuel costs up front. It would take you like 7+ years of normal driving just to start actually breaking even, all things considered, at which point you'll probably want the next shiny new vehicle anyways.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright so I spent the VAST majority of the day watching videos and reading articles about it. (I was at a little kid's birthday party, give me a break.)

Obviously we don't have all of the details yet, but the only thing really did NOT like about the Tacoma is the interior. Granted, it seems WAY better than the current Tacoma interior. But, just a lot of little things I don't like about it and one BIG thing: the "iPad taped to the dash" look is just gross. So many manufacturers are doing it and it always looks horrible.

I'm not super crazy about the new Ranger interior either if I'm being blunt... but between the Colorado/Canyon, Ranger, and the Tacoma... I think Ford did the best with the interior space on their mid-sized pickup.

BUT, only one truck has a manual transmission offering, so looks like Tacoma is an auto-win for me.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Obviously we don't have all of the details yet, but the only thing really did NOT like about the Tacoma is the quarter panels. But, just a lot of little things I don't like about it and one BIG thing: the "dented in fenders" look is just gross. So many Tundras are doing it and it always looks horrible.
Fixed that for you

I bet some bondo to fill in those hideous things would make a world of difference in how it looks, or some oversized bushwhacker style fender flares to simply cover them up. Maybe they put that line there so you'd know where to cut the fender for bigger tires?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the Xtracab is only available in 2wd? I really like just about everything except the fact the only good looking cab is locked into 2wd.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Alright so I spent the VAST majority of the day watching videos and reading articles about it. (I was at a little kid's birthday party, give me a break.)

Obviously we don't have all of the details yet, but the only thing really did NOT like about the Tacoma is the interior. Granted, it seems WAY better than the current Tacoma interior. But, just a lot of little things I don't like about it and one BIG thing: the "iPad taped to the dash" look is just gross. So many manufacturers are doing it and it always looks horrible.

I'm not super crazy about the new Ranger interior either if I'm being blunt... but between the Colorado/Canyon, Ranger, and the Tacoma... I think Ford did the best with the interior space on their mid-sized pickup.

BUT, only one truck has a manual transmission offering, so looks like Tacoma is an auto-win for me.
Most of the Tacomas will get a normal size 8" screen (look at the prerunner videos and you'll see it). Agree the 14" screen is ridiculous. Big screen will be an option on TRD trims and prob standard on limited, pro, trailhunter.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the Tacomas will get a normal size 8" screen (look at the prerunner videos and you'll see it). Agree the 14" screen is ridiculous. Big screen will be an option on TRD trims and prob standard on limited, pro, trailhunter.
They went with the “iPad duck tape” on the smaller screen too, but I’ll agree it looks a LOT less ridiculous than the 14” screen.

I don’t really care for the Limited and I am actively repulsed away from the TRD Pro (those seats are the worst thing I’ve ever seen). But if I can get the Trailhunter in the smaller screen size that would be sweet. I may be okay with a lower trim too, need to see what’s available on each trim, and my gut tells me the manual won’t be available in the Trailhunter anyway.

Another thing Ford does well is to resist the urge to not turn trucks into life-size Hot Wheels. The fake hook scoops, the stupid TRD Pro seats, the weird bumper/fender designs that are just there to increase the “tough” look. I just don’t get it. It is just so stupid to me.

If only Ford offered a manual… 😩

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They went with the “iPad duck tape” on the smaller screen too, but I’ll agree it looks a LOT less ridiculous than the 14” screen.

I don’t really care for the Limited and I am actively repulsed away from the TRD Pro (those seats are the worst thing I’ve ever seen). But if I can get the Trailhunter in the smaller screen size that would be sweet. I may be okay with a lower trim too, need to see what’s available on each trim, and my gut tells me the manual won’t be available in the Trailhunter anyway.

Another thing Ford does well is to resist the urge to not turn trucks into life-size Hot Wheels. The fake hook scoops, the stupid TRD Pro seats, the weird bumper/fender designs that are just there to increase the “tough” look. I just don’t get it. It is just so stupid to me.

If only Ford offered a manual… 😩
Yeah Trailhunter won't get a manual since I believe it only comes with the higher powered hybrid engine. Only the non hybrids can be optioned with manual. Typically in Tacoma world the TRD off-road is the trim to buy and anything higher is basically throwing money at overpriced things you could option better yourself anyways. Of course the TRD off-road is the only trim they chose not to showcase yet....

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah Trailhunter won't get a manual since I believe it only comes with the higher powered hybrid engine. Only the non hybrids can be optioned with manual. Typically in Tacoma world the TRD off-road is the trim to buy and anything higher is basically throwing money at overpriced things you could option better yourself anyways. Of course the TRD off-road is the only trim they chose not to showcase yet....
No manual with "higher powered hybrid engine", Toyota says, hold my beer...

Manual-Equipped Toyota Performance Hybrids May Be Coming Soon

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So you're saying it could take just as long to get some Toyota's as it takes to get some Bronco's. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm 7/14/20 reservation with a current build date of 7/10/23 not sure if Toyota can beat that record!

My unicorn if I wanted a Tacoma (I don't) would be the pre-runner, extra-cab, manual in blue crush, I guess we'll see if one ever gets delivered!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they had released the 4runner on their original schedule I would never have considered a Bronco. When it comes to cars "made in USA" is a liability. The fixed cab is a giant plus. Most of us need only a respectable offroader and a 4runner TRD offroad is just that. Sigh
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.