Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're saying it could take just as long to get some Toyota's as it takes to get some Bronco's. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah… I was introduced to this ordering system in 2019 when I went pickup truck shopping.

I inquired about ordering a manual Tacoma and was told that Toyota had just finished building manuals for the model year and I would have to wait approx 12-15 months for the next model year. This was pre-pandemic when you could get most vehicles in 3-6 months… so I was blown away by the wait time. (In hindsight, I waited about 14 months for my Bronco, so the joke’s on me I guess.)

My college roommate, who I’m still in touch with, ordered a new Tundra, was the second person at his dealership to order one, and the dealer was delivered around 80 other Tundras first because of what he ordered.

You can’t really have it your way with Toyota. They don’t really do the Ford method of retail ordering or priority systems or anything like that. They build what they build and you have to wait until they start building something similar to your desired configuration to get one. Super smart if the end-goal is to produce the maximum number of vehicles. Which… for Toyota… that is the end-goal.
Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW I'm still on a list to buy a Supra because they just come in as they are and the well optioned ones they pretty much auction off.

At least with Ford there is the opportunity (however slim for some) to order and pay MSRP for your truck. The "cool" versions of this truck are going to be unobtanium for a year at least

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure I can ever settle for just buying whatever the dealer has available again. Toyota's system is very customer unfriendly IMHO.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I LOVE what they are doing here. This blows away the Ranger....

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's pretty gimmicky at best. You know what else has those kinds of seats? Tractors, semi trucks, heavy machinery....basically anything that has a trash suspension or no suspension at all, something that would eventually cause internal bleeding if you drove it long enough. Toyota isn't painting a picture of confidence in their suspension by making a seat like this, and I don't think I want to be wiggling and bouncing all over the truck at high speed regardless of how much it dampens the impact of bottoming out a stock suspension. If it made any difference at all with fatigue, every desert truck made would have this kind of stuff in their seats.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's pretty gimmicky at best. You know what else has those kinds of seats? Tractors, semi trucks, heavy machinery....basically anything that has a trash suspension or no suspension at all, something that would eventually cause internal bleeding if you drove it long enough. Toyota isn't painting a picture of confidence in their suspension by making a seat like this, and I don't think I want to be wiggling and bouncing all over the truck at high speed regardless of how much it dampens the impact of bottoming out a stock suspension. If it made any difference at all with fatigue, every desert truck made would have this kind of stuff in their seats.

Another thing that many of those vehicles have in common is the type user in that video. The average American is so damn big now that of course normal seats aren't comfortable.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another thing that many of those vehicles have in common is the type user in that video. The average American is so damn big now that of course normal seats aren't comfortable.
Ah, well...you got me there, that's a good point.

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford isn't able to build my Bronco by the end of the year, I am definitely looking at a new Tacoma or Frontier. Won't buy any other Ford after this debacle of trying to get my Bronco.
I think there will be a ton of people who decide the same. The Trailhunter will get a look from me and I have a Toyota salesperson I've worked with before who I know to be reliable. Meanwhile, no build date on the black diamond i've been waiting on for nearly 16 months and our local Bronco group on FB has had multiple posts calling out the dealer I ordered through for balking at any of the price protection or private offers. It seems their allocation is low enough that they'd rather get people to abandon an order.
I've had enough time for the doubt to creep in.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm probably going to pickup a TRD Pro if they arent crazy expensive. I love my Bronco but I question the long term reliability of some components and the MIC. Not to mention my 2.7L was made within the range of the bad valve batch. The complaints I had with the current gen Tacoma which I owned, seem to be addressed and improved. Not a huge deal but MPG is expected to be pretty good with the hybrid. Cooled seats and rear vents are a big plus here in AZ.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

C&D just posted some updated info on the 2024 taco:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45964751/2024-toyota-tacoma-prices/

And info on the MT clutchless start:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45953777/2024-toyota-tacoma-clutch-start-cancel-explained/

Sounds more complicated than the Bronco system, but nice that Ford and Toyota continue to develop MTs instead of abandoning them like everyone else.

My Bronco finally shipped on 11/15, but I'm still waiting for delivery at the dealer. Had Ford taken a little longer, I probably would have gotten a TRD Off-road with the MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.