Not open for further replies.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are the seats still flush to the floor? I like to go kayaking... but only for about an hour.
#1 issue with a Tacoma... Seating position. Literally every other truck is more comfortable to sit in. Even a Mahindra...
Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on which vehicle I suppose... but... if we are talking Ranger vs Tacoma... in this case probably the Ford.

The 2.3L EcoBoost and the 10-speed has been around in the market for nearly a decade and a half at this point, is used in half a dozen Ford vehicles, and if I were to guess is probably Ford's most-produced engine.

BUT, obviously Toyota is known for reliability... so I'm sure if you asked the same question 3-5 years from now my answer may be different. BUT, these new engines Toyota is putting in their trucks haven't quite proven themselves yet.
Yeah never forget Toyota has been building production hybrids since the 1990s.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is interesting...
Ford Bronco 2024 Tacoma - Specs, Release, Photos ⚠️ Now With Hybrid 🔋 1684502238056

A necked tie rod does not inherently make anything stronger or less failure prone, but it does control the failure point. I like the idea of moving the failure point away from the threads. Would just make field service that much easier if/when needed.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah never forget Toyota has been building production hybrids since the 1990s.
True, and that helps, but it doesn’t really mean anything for these powertrains.

Anytime you engineer something new there will be some revisioning required to make it better. It is extremely rare that you just “get it right” the first time. There have already been reports of issues with the new turbo engines in the new Tundra, for example. Some folks on Reddit were claiming “oh it’s the end of Toyota as we know it!!”. But in reality… that new Tundra just hasn’t gone through that public revisioning process yet. It’s a perfectly normal part of engineering.

They will eventually make the Tacoma nearly bullet-proof, I’m sure of that. But if we’re talking being stuck in the middle of no where with a truck with an older and proven powertrain, or a truck with effectively brand-new powertrains… I’m picking the former.

If I’m not stuck in the middle of no-where… I’m probably picking the Tacoma since it comes in a manual transmission. ;)

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Too much tech, inside and outside look. What happened to simplicity in design? Too old maybe, but will never drive anything with an angry/beady eye look. Yet another sign of the times!
Tommy Bronc

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toyota like GM, Ford and Ram are more concerned about building and marketing high $$$$$ Toys and LuxoBarges than Working Trucks.

I’m more looking forward to seeing the SR & SR5 ExtraCab with that great looking rear seat delete new storage options.

Some of us still need a truck to work instead of play in the dirt.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the looks and colors. The full digital speedometer design looks better than the Bronco’s. Makes me excited for the 4Runner. But with the body colored trim pieces on the front bumper sitting so low, I wouldn’t say it’s Bronco competition but it is a cool truck for those needing a 2nd vehicle in the family.

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the exterior but Toyota can't design a cockpit to save its life.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've got to love modern design:

Ford Bronco 2024 Tacoma - Specs, Release, Photos ⚠️ Now With Hybrid 🔋 1684505653690
+
Ford Bronco 2024 Tacoma - Specs, Release, Photos ⚠️ Now With Hybrid 🔋 1684505653690
Yeah what is with these designers simply sticking an ipad to the dash. Even Tesla with the image of being on the cutting edge of technology does it. At least our broncos got that reasonably right, though our instrument display looks like it is from a early 90s Ford Probe.
Ford Bronco 2024 Tacoma - Specs, Release, Photos ⚠️ Now With Hybrid 🔋 Dkk96CrU4AAYDVJ

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too much tech, inside and outside look. What happened to simplicity in design? Too old maybe, but will never drive anything with an angry/beady eye look. Yet another sign of the times!
Tommy Bronc
If it didn't have tech that's equipped in competitors vehicles it puts them at a disadvantage. People have been complaining about Toyota/Nissan lack of tech for a decade. I'm sure there will be stripped down versions for the "good ole days" crowd but this stuff is starting to become standard faire now and if you're buying a new vehicle you better get used to it.

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I predict the next few years are going to play out like this for a lot of people on this sub.

1. Frustrated waiting for Bronco delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and puts in pre-order for 2024 Tacoma
2. Frustrated waiting for Tacoma delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and puts in pre-order for 2025 4runner
3. Frustrated waiting for 4runner delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and buys a Bronco off the lot despite their original Bronco order being ready before the Tacoma rollout or shortly after.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO, the Tacoma is ugly. But to each their own.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For us who want a Bronco or Maverick. You go to Ford and they tell you sorry, can't order one or if you do order no guarantee you will ever get it, or wait times can be years away. However the cars on the lot have ADM. End of the day, Ford management have screwed up massively. Toyota being the largest car company in the world will take Ford's lunch with this Tacoma, upcoming new generation 4runner, new maverick competitor pickup as well. I have both maverick and bronco on order. Will I get it? Likely it will never be built. As a customer why do I need to have PhD with limited order times, figure out who has allocations, all other issues with ordering. If Ford can't get my orders out, I will definitely give my money to Toyota. Ford & many of the dealers they have, do not respect us customers. To them we are idiot cattle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.