First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side note, Ford missed a big opportunity with not making the danger ranger manual. Afaik, only the Daddiator and Taco still come with manual, everyone else is slightly different flavors of Vanilla (Auto)
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:sick: 🤮

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To get Bronco level performance in the engine, they are cramming in a hybrid and touting the 465 peak lb/ft of torque.... LOL. Hybrid powertrains suck and I'm surprised it's the top trim motor instead of a twin turbo. Because it's a toyota they will be overpriced. A Ranger tremor is a better deal and a better truck, let alone a Ranger Raptor. I'm sure these will sell like hotcakes though. Yota's have a strong following.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I predict the next few years are going to play out like this for a lot of people on this sub.

1. Frustrated waiting for Bronco delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and puts in pre-order for 2024 Tacoma
2. Frustrated waiting for Tacoma delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and puts in pre-order for 2025 4runner
3. Frustrated waiting for 4runner delivery due to overwhelming demand, gives up and buys a Bronco off the lot despite their original Bronco order being ready before the Tacoma rollout or shortly after.
Preach. Anyone pissed off about their Bronco wait thinking they’re getting a launch day TRD Pro is delusional. Top trims will see the same ADM shenanigans as the Bronco launch.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To get Bronco level performance in the engine, they are cramming in a hybrid and touting the 465 peak lb/ft of torque.... LOL. Hybrid powertrains suck and I'm surprised it's the top trim motor instead of a twin turbo. Because it's a toyota they will be overpriced. A Ranger tremor is a better deal and a better truck, let alone a Ranger Raptor. I'm sure these will sell like hotcakes though. Yota's have a strong following.
Tell us more about how you don’t know anything about hybrids.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss something in the marketing soup there? Is it not even a plug-in hybrid? At least do something like Jeep did with the 4xE where you can do your weekday commute/grocery runs for pennies without any of the range anxiety on road trips and off-roading.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh god, it's like they took a 90lb meth addict with a mullet and turned him into a truck.
Not even gonna try to hope that the 4runner or Land Cruiser or anything else they make will escape this horrid design that started with the Tundra and infected the taco, Toyota might as well be dead to me.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did I miss something in the marketing soup there? Is it not even a plug-in hybrid? At least do something like Jeep did with the 4xE where you can do your weekday commute/grocery runs for pennies without any of the range anxiety on road trips and off-roading.
Toyota's iforce brand hybrid system isn't supposed to be efficiency oriented, it prioritizes increased power output in their truck-based vehicles similar to what Ford does with the hybrid system available on the Explorer. It's a cheap (from a production standpoint) and reliable way for them to take the same 2.4 liter turbo and jack up power output on upper trim models without overly stressing the engine. Same theory behind the current turbo V6 hybrid F1 engines making over 1000 hp.

Last edited:

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hybrid powertrains suck
What lol? You have no clue what you're talking about. Even hyper cars have moved into this direction and the performance gain for a simple electric motor and batteries in addition to the combustion engine is insane.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota's iforce brand hybrid system isn't supposed to be efficiency oriented, it prioritizes increased power output in their truck-based vehicles similar to what Ford does with the hybrid system available on the Explorer. It's a cheap (from a production standpoint) and reliable way for them to take the same 2.4 liter turbo and jack up power output on upper trim models without overly stressing the engine. Same theory behind the current turbo V6 hybrid F1 engines making over 1000 hp.
Sure, but I’m not Max Verstappen. I just don’t want to pay $6 a gallon to drive to and from work every day and would rather charge up that hybrid battery each night and commute for free. That’s the biggest downside of my Bronco today. I love driving it nonstop, but having a low cost way to commute in it without sacrificing roadtrip potential would make that experience so much better.

I’d go so far as to give up 5 gallons of fuel tank to fit a plugin hybrid system, honestly. For my use that would be perfect.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes... You can still delete your comment..

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put a deposit down several months ago to get in line for a 2024 TRD Off-road with the long bed. Fortunately my Toyota dealer is way more above board than than the ripoff Ford dealers around my area. I’m liking the new Tacoma updates.

Also I’m limiting myself to only owning one Ford at a time due to reliability concerns, not that a first year Toyota will be much better. I’m on my second transmission in my Basesquatch.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I put a deposit down several months ago to get in line for a 2024 TRD Off-road with the long bed. Fortunately my Toyota dealer is way more above board than than the ripoff Ford dealers around my area. I’m liking the new Tacoma updates.

Also I’m limiting myself to only owning one Ford at a time due to reliability concerns, not that a first year Toyota will be much better. I’m on my second transmission in my Basesquatch.
I've heard of example after example of the Bronco bonfire 💩 quality, the sad thing is, Ford could care less as they sell all they can make, but, I think that party will end sooner rather than later.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco competition? On what planet? Ranger competition yes.
I looked at buying a Tacoma while waiting the almost 2 years for my Bronco to be built.

Problem being the cheapest Taco with a stick was still $10k more than my Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.