RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All my 791 TRM settings are the same as your before settings in your excellent post. I downloaded the as built data from Ford using my VIN and there were no 791 settings listed. So, I suppose that means the dealer at least did enable the module?
If you downloaded your asbuild data and there's no trm module (791) in that.
That would indicate that they did not program it, because fdrs will update your data each time you use it.

If you adjust the values to what Indicated , sway control should come up.(Assuming you have the identical modules)
I'm not sure if sway control is possible with a part-time four-wheel drive, (ie if you don't have 4A as an option)
Sponsored

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the sway control on an outer banks which I think is part time ???

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the sway control on an outer banks which I think is part time ???
Again, I thought sway control was part of advancetrac® which I don't think the part-time shift on the fly has. (For those that don't have for 4A an option on their goat dial)

Now if you enable that option in Forscan it may show up, but I don't know if it actually does anything, I could be wrong.

You can enable things on forscan that you don't have the underlying equipment for.

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 6.0, 2001 SLK320. 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Off topic: My 2024 Wildtrac according to window sticker has advanced 4x4 with 4.7 front and rear locking diffs. Also lists advanced-trac. I have all the GOAT modes except Rock-Crawl. The control knob has 2A, 4A, 4Low, 4HIGH. Sport mode switches it to 4A.

Sponsored

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't understand how the 21-23 hitch by itself is more expensive than this kit which.

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it might be because it includes the complete wiring harness

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes MY 24 has the harness pre-wired into the vehicle so it’s not included in the kit. The harness is part of the cost increase for MY24 vehicle price.

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update to my dealer installed tow option problems:

I searched local dealer inventories and found another dealer that had two Wildtracs almost identical to mine. Both had the $500 DIO towing package. One had already had it installed, the other did not. The kind saleslady got the keys to both. We checked both and the one that had the option already installed had the additional towing menu options under "features". The other vehicle had not yet had the kit installed and it did not have the new items in the "features" screen. Exactly what one would expect.

Additionally, I looked up the as-build data on both VINs and neither showed any 791 module items. So, apparently they do not automatically get updated when the dealer programming is done with FDRS.

I took pictures and got back with my service manager. He now says the technician did not know there were special FDRS programming instructions with the kit!. I told him I scanned the QR Code that comes with the kit and downloaded the instructions. Page 14 has the FDRS procedure. Technician did not know this? Really? I have an appointment tomorrow at 7:30 AM for them to do the programming! This was supposed to be their special guy who did all the tow package installs. Curious to see what he has to say tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to see my problems when I change the headlight switch to add fog lights and try to get them to enable the fog switch!

I'll keep you posted.

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer finally came through last week and successfully did the FDRS programming for my hitch. I now have the two normal tow items in the menu. I backed up all the .abt files last night. Today I plan on using FORScan to add the light check menu. If that works okay I will backup again and do a comparison to see what the changes were in the as-built. I’ll post whatever I find useful

Sponsored

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer finally came through last week and successfully did the FDRS programming for my hitch. I now have the two normal tow items in the menu. I backed up all the .abt files last night. Today I plan on using FORScan to add the light check menu. If that works okay I will backup again and do a comparison to see what the changes were in the as-built. I’ll post whatever I find useful
I installed a hitch and tow module myself on MY24 OBX. my trailer lights don't work. I tried going into FORSCAN and enabling everything to make it work to no avail. I called my dealership and they said it has to be done in FDRS and cost $209. I guess I'm gonna have to bite to bullet and have them do it. I guess it's still cheaper than the $500 they wanted as the DIO.

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just enabled the light check option and it worked fine. As soon as can organize the differences so they make sense, I'll post them in case they may help you out. Mine is a MY24 Wildtrac but I'm not sure that matters.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed a hitch and tow module myself on MY24 OBX. my trailer lights don't work. I tried going into FORSCAN and enabling everything to make it work to no avail. I called my dealership and they said it has to be done in FDRS and cost $209. I guess I'm gonna have to bite to bullet and have them do it. I guess it's still cheaper than the $500 they wanted as the DIO.

I don't know if you read my response on the 5th page, but I printed the last page of the instructions, which is the steps the dealer has to take to enable the tow mode, which is clicking in 3 check boxes.
I brought that page to the service department and said, this is all you have to do, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. They charged me $21, which I think was 15 minutes of time.

My point, let them know, that you know exactly what needs to be done, its kind of hard to justify that price for the time, and if they are still going to charge $209 - I would go to another dealer. But it's your money.
Good luck.

Last edited:

superduty250

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid for the install for a little less than $500 including the kit. I think the install labor they charged $60. After they did the install, I did not have the tow menu items. I had to go to another dealer and take pictures of the screen on one that had the install done to prove that they had not completed their job. Then I printed out the last page and took it to my dealer. They did the FDRS procedure and now I have my menus. But, to enable the light check item you do need to use FORScan but that is only one change. I have attached a copy of what changed after my dealer did the FDRS changes in case anyone is interested. Left side is before any changes, right side is after dealer did FDRS changes. It pretty much corresponds to what RoverDude posted in his original detailed instructions except I don't recall seeing the IPMB changes. I agree it is a lot easier to just let the dealer do it. In my case I had already paid for it, they just had not done it.

changes.png

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if you read my response on the 5th page, but I printed the last page of the instructions, which is the steps the dealer has to take to enable the tow mode, which is clicking in 3 check boxes.
I brought that page to the service department and said, this is all you have to do, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. They charged me $21, which I think was 15 minutes of time.

My point, let them know, that you know exactly what needs to be done, its kind of hard to justify that price for the time, and if they are still going to charge $209 - I would go to another dealer. But it's your money.
Good luck.
Sorry I didn't catch that...but thank you. I am definitely doing that. Thank you so much for the info...great stuff
Sponsored