• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Tennessee 21' FORD BRONCO WINSHIELDS SUCK!

hambone636

Base
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
custom 2016 scion tc
Your Bronco Model
Base
windshield issues anyone? I have replaced the windshield once due to the crack being too bad. Two weeks later with factory replaced glass I since have had 3 more 6-8 in line cracks happen and a spider crack. I was fortunate enough to have them repaired but it still looks like a$$. I don't want my insurance to drop me and I can't afford another $500 deductible for it to do the same thing. I think anyone that is having this problem need to harass Ford Motor Company. I have done it on their Facebook page got a reply the next day. They open a case for it. I also emailed them WWW. FORDMOTORCOMPANY.COM and left them an idea of looking into maybe looking into the gorrilla glass that those ducking (jeep) people have, LOL!!! ,did not get a response back from that. I believe if enough people start making more noise about this and report it. They might just have to do something about it. If you are under 12k miles or 12mo you might get lucky and have it replaced, I was 13mo 8900miles and they would not budge. There is a recall for the windshield I believe but mine wasn't one that was covered. I think they need to look again!!!

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS PEOPLE. LET'S GO!!!!!
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

windshield issues anyone? I have replaced the windshield once due to the crack being too bad. Two weeks later with factory replaced glass I since have had 3 more 6-8 in line cracks happen and a spider crack. I was fortunate enough to have them repaired but it still looks like a$$. I don't want my insurance to drop me and I can't afford another $500 deductible for it to do the same thing. I think anyone that is having this problem need to harass Ford Motor Company. I have done it on their Facebook page got a reply the next day. They open a case for it. I also emailed them WWW. FORDMOTORCOMPANY.COM and left them an idea of looking into maybe looking into the gorrilla glass that those ducking (jeep) people have, LOL!!! ,did not get a response back from that. I believe if enough people start making more noise about this and report it. They might just have to do something about it. If you are under 12k miles or 12mo you might get lucky and have it replaced, I was 13mo 8900miles and they would not budge. There is a recall for the windshield I believe but mine wasn't one that was covered. I think they need to look again!!!

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS PEOPLE. LET'S GO!!!!!
What is causing the cracks? If it is all on it's own, I would file a warranty claim. If it is from strikes....that's another thing. The windshield being more upright....many are reporting cracks but from being hit. Those that have added a protectant shield/film....I have seen no reported issues. Day 2 of ownership I had ExoShield installed. $450.00 but it's a piece of mind and may save me those deductibles and damage caused by some windshield repair companies. So far so good here.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
hambone636

hambone636

Base
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
custom 2016 scion tc
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just day to day driving, Most of the time I don't even know where it is coming from. I tried the warranty route. There is a rating on the windshield AS1 which means it is supposed to be able to withstand a piece of sand hitting it and it not crack. That standard is failing in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up on the Exoshield. When I have an extra grand laying around I will get the windshield replaced and do the Exoshield.

broncoboyty

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Add a protective film to your windshield. Should help cut down rock effect.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just day to day driving, Most of the time I don't even know where it is coming from. I tried the warranty route. There is a rating on the windshield AS1 which means it is supposed to be able to withstand a piece of sand hitting it and it not crack. That standard is failing in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up on the Exoshield. When I have an extra grand laying around I will get the windshield replaced and do the Exoshield.
This one is about half the price. My detailer, who is an exoshield installer, actually recommended this one instead to save money. I was having him do my ppf and had asked about the windshield at the same time. https://www.grab-gard.com/products/ford-bronco-windshield-protection-kit

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had Exoshield on my Bronco and within 6months the clear coat failed and it went to crap. If you have it you have to make sure you don’t use wiper fluid, your wipers are clean before use, stay away from certain cleaning products, etc. I will say it saved me twice from cracks that would have been from rock strikes. After I peeled it off the spots where the rocks hit had small dimples which is def better than a crack or chip. I also live in Florida and the harsh heat may have helped destroy the Exoshield. In the video below is a guy doing a protection film with a link to a less expensive protective film:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need new car insurance, my window coverage is $100 more a year for 3 vehicles with a $25 deductible (chip or crack). My F150 is on its 4th window in 5 years for no apparent reason, it's a Ford thing.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a hood deflector - worth the $80

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need new car insurance, my window coverage is $100 more a year for 3 vehicles with a $25 deductible (chip or crack). My F150 is on its 4th window in 5 years for no apparent reason, it's a Ford thing.
X2 on this. I have 16k+ miles on my 2021 2dr with no issues until last week. Early last week we noticed a smallish crack at the edge of the passenger side (do not remember anything hitting it).

Farmers Insurance had acquired my insurance company and I had not registered yet for an online account to file a claim so I did not get around to checking coverage. Woke up yesterday and the crack had migrated all the way across to mid drivers side overnight.

I’m scheduled to replace it at Safelite this week with zero deductible. Took 2 mins to schedule online. You need new car insurance.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had Exoshield on my Bronco and within 6months the clear coat failed and it went to crap. If you have it you have to make sure you don’t use wiper fluid, your wipers are clean before use, stay away from certain cleaning products, etc. I will say it saved me twice from cracks that would have been from rock strikes. After I peeled it off the spots where the rocks hit had small dimples which is def better than a crack or chip. I also live in Florida and the harsh heat may have helped destroy the Exoshield. In the video below is a guy doing a protection film with a link to a less expensive protective film:

I have the one in the video and would recommend it.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the film they're showing in that video. It was easy to install and its coming up on a year and it still is working great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

My friends seem to replace their windshield about every 6 months, so its already more than paid for itself. No-deductible windshield insurance isn't available here.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the film they're showing in that video. It was easy to install and its coming up on a year and it still is working great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

My friends seem to replace their windshield about every 6 months, so its already more than paid for itself. No-deductible windshield insurance isn't available here.
Are there any ridiculous restrictions like not using your windshield wipers, wiper fluid has to be non bug versions, stuff like that. The Exoshield I had seemed to have clear coat failure in less than 6months, looked like it was flaking off and patchy. The main layer was fine and the adhesive was as well but the outer coat was trashed on the exoshield. Not sure it that was from the extreme heat/sun we get down here in Florida or what. I may have to pick this up, but for now I will avoid driving too close or behind trucks/suvs with large tires.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any ridiculous restrictions like not using your windshield wipers, wiper fluid has to be non bug versions, stuff like that. The Exoshield I had seemed to have clear coat failure in less than 6months, looked like it was flaking off and patchy. The main layer was fine and the adhesive was as well but the outer coat was trashed on the exoshield. Not sure it that was from the extreme heat/sun we get down here in Florida or what. I may have to pick this up, but for now I will avoid driving too close or behind trucks/suvs with large tires.
I use my normal wiper fluid, the only thing they said was to always use the wiper fluid and not run them dry. It gets hot where I live, but maybe not quite Florida hot.
Sponsored