Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone that's owned vehicles with these weights, aerodynamics, tires sizes, etc, anything over 17 hwy will be pure gravy. 20 hwy will be very impressive for anything BL and bigger.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wonder if 2 door with 2.3 (and manual) can get 21+ mpg

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now im questioning if it was a SAS, but it was 33" tires and badlands manual.
It's not a Sasquatch if it's got 33" tires on it. So are you saying you are seeing this 21 MPG figure on a normal 4 door, 7 speed manual Badlands then?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone passionate about mpg on these will do themselves a favor to recognize it's going to be wildly variable between individuals, as well as conditions with the same driver. With the poor aerodynamics and nature of the beast, a day spent doing 80mph on the interstate driving into a 20 mph wind (just a normal day here on the high plains) will be pretty tough on mileage. Going 69 mph on a two-lane, low traffic, relatively flat road without much breeze will be pretty decent. Grab a day where you're doing that speed with a 35 mph tailwind and set some records.

The difference in fuel efficiency between 65-70 mph and 80+ mph is massive in my Jeep - I blame aerodynamics mostly - and I can't imagine it won't be similar in the Bronco. Add in tire sizes, driving styles, 2.3 vs 2.7, wind, hills, etc, and we're going to get reports that are all over the map from real-world driving.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no doubt it's true. I used to get 21/25 in my 4x4 F-150 with the 2.7.

OP
OP

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not a Sasquatch if it's got 33" tires on it. So are you saying you are seeing this 21 MPG figure on a normal 4 door, 7 speed manual Badlands then?
Yes i am now. I retracted my statement as I was too excited about seeing it in person :LOL:

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes i am now. I retracted my statement as I was too excited about seeing it in person :LOL:
All good my dude, thanks for sharing with us. Honestly, ~20 MPG for this sort of vehicle on the highway is decent, especially with the manual. The 10 speed auto should be able to squeeze out an extra MPG or two over the manual.

It looks like the folks guessing for mid- to high teens for MPG were right on the money.

OP
OP

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
then I will be at the fairgrounds in may! thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it on my radar.
Just the sport..... not the big bronco

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait are you saying the owners manual is digital now? Do they still give us a paper copy? That was a favorite part of my child hood reading through the owners manual of every car I got to ride in. I hope they give us something I can file away and not worry about losing to a glitch.

As for the MPG thats exactly what I used to get in my 2wd 92 Ranger 4.0 5 spd. 21-22 highway 17-18 city, depending on burnouts of course. It could spin em with every shift up to 4th gear.

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So wait.... I see by the hero switches it is missing the trail turn assist, so that leads me to believe this is a manual. Your saying this was a manual SAS? I'm willing to bet it was a BL with the optional wheels rolling on 33"s. Not a Manual SAS.

Look like this?
Ford Bronco 21 MPG seen on 4 Door Badlands  2.3L tenor
Definitely this! I noticed the same thing and I was going to comment, but then I saw yours. Non-sas and manual Badlands. I am a little surprised folks can't tell the difference between sas and non-sas at this point in the game.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait are you saying the owners manual is digital now? Do they still give us a paper copy? That was a favorite part of my child hood reading through the owners manual of every car I got to ride in. I hope they give us something I can file away and not worry about losing to a glitch.

As for the MPG thats exactly what I used to get in my 2wd 92 Ranger 4.0 5 spd. 21-22 highway 17-18 city, depending on burnouts of course. It could spin em with every shift up to 4th gear.
I had an 05 Ranger regular cab with 3:73 rear end and the 3.0L auto.
That thing was a burn out machine! So much fun.

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no doubt it's true. I used to get 21/25 in my 4x4 F-150 with the 2.7.
I used to get 12 on my F150 with the 4.6 V8, and it wasn't very fast either. Still not sure I would like a truck with anything but a V8
Sponsored