Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are using the Diode Dynamics Hitchmount Led Pod Reverse Light (Wired inline via the trailer hitch wiring and automatically turns on it's own reverse light when you go into reverse). Would it activate with this wiring harness/Aux Switch along with the stock taillights with no other wiring?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit.html
Actually don't think so. The circuit for the trailer reverse is probably upstream and there is no backflow of power.

You would need to break the reverse wire to the trailer harness and add a diode I believe. That should work in theory. Oh and then connect one of the wires from the 21 Offroad harness between the new diode you inserted and then Hitchmount Pod of course.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will work perfect... I just bought the diode dynamics chase light reverse kit and will pair nice with it!

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@StickerFab do you have a video of the install of 21 Offroad Reverse Magic Harness. I was looking to attach it to the rear aux switch. The connector has three options. I am looking to just have it setup with the rear aux switch.

OP
OP
StickerFab

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello, we have an overview video and some installation instructions, but not a full install video.

Thinking about doing one though because now that we have our Bronco Raptor I would like this feature.

Just have to carve out some time on a weekend.

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello, we have an overview video and some installation instructions, but not a full install video.

Thinking about doing one though because now that we have our Bronco Raptor I would like this feature.

Just have to carve out some time on a weekend.
@StickerFab that would be awesome because i was took off the rear interior trim panel and when i try to connect to the E2 aux line it's a little short did you just splice in a wire to connect them. There are two wires if i want them to work with aux switch to i just connect the wire that say connect to factory/aftermarket sux switch and the other wire is for nothing. Thanks for the help

IMG20230622201950.jpg

IMG20230622202023 (1).jpg

Sponsored

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually don't think so. The circuit for the trailer reverse is probably upstream and there is no backflow of power.

You would need to break the reverse wire to the trailer harness and add a diode I believe. That should work in theory. Oh and then connect one of the wires from the 21 Offroad harness between the new diode you inserted and then Hitchmount Pod of course.
I tried this today. Everything works... minus the right turn signal makes the Diode Dynamic light blink red. I'm certainly open to ideas.

OP
OP
StickerFab

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@StickerFab that would be awesome because i was took off the rear interior trim panel and when i try to connect to the E2 aux line it's a little short did you just splice in a wire to connect them. There are two wires if i want them to work with aux switch to i just connect the wire that say connect to factory/aftermarket sux switch and the other wire is for nothing. Thanks for the help
Sorry didn't see this one until receiving another notification. Pretty sure, I'm too late now, but if you get all the slack out of the wire they should be able to connect without splicing in more wire. At least they did on ours, and I believe I lengthened some wire. Just make sure you have the harness arranged in the way that makes the most sense and places this close as possible to that connection.

You would connect to the " factory/aftermarket aux switch wire". The other wire is to allow additional auxiliary lights to come on. We've made a few power points for that.

I tried this today. Everything works... minus the right turn signal makes the Diode Dynamic light blink red. I'm certainly open to ideas.
Every wire in the connection separate from the reverse just passes straight through to the other side of the connector. Not sure how that signal could affect the turn signal. I am a little bit sleepy right now, but really don't know how.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love seeing innovation and this is awesome! Your price is perfect! $30 is very well priced and people should understand it’s not just paying for the $10 worth of items but also your time making it and your design. Plus you have to be profitable to make it worth while. Keep it up!
Sponsored