john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My order is a Wildtrak, 4dr with the shadow black hard top I have a July 14th reservation. . I definitely want the black hardtop as it's really a no Brainer with my shadow black color bronco. Do I get the soft top and therefore get the Bronco this year or do I wait until 2022 and get the black hard top? Might not get my 21 until fall anyways! Maybe just wait a few more months for a 22. I most likely would buy the soft top later anyways. Just can't decide, your opinions welcome please. Also does anyone have a guess as to when the 2022s will start delivering. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can change your order until the VIN is assigned, right? So why don't you order it with the soft top and see how long the wait would be when they tell you the production schedule in May? If you have to wait longer than you would like, then just switch back to the modular top.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do I get the soft top and therefore get the Bronco this year
Getting the WT with just the soft top is a no go. It's not even an option. And if you order the dual tops, then it's a MY22 anyway. Only way to possibly get a MY21 WT is with the MIC top.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My order is a Wildtrak, 4dr with the shadow black hard top I have a July 14th reservation. . I definitely want the black hardtop as it's really a no Brainer with my shadow black color bronco. Do I get the soft top and therefore get the Bronco this year or do I wait until 2022 and get the black hard top? Might not get my 21 until fall anyways! Maybe just wait a few more months for a 22. I most likely would buy the soft top later anyways. Just can't decide, your opinions welcome please. Also does anyone have a guess as to when the 2022s will start delivering. Thanks in advance.
Plot twist:
I personally think the MIC Grey top LOOKS GREAT with Black. Might be the best color combo for that top.

If you want the black on black "Darth Vader" look, then you can still do it with soft top (later in the aftermarket). Best of both worlds (if it were me).

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hold the course. Stick with the shadow black modular.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting the WT with just the soft top is a no go. It's not even an option. And if you order the dual tops, then it's a MY22 anyway. Only way to possibly get a MY21 WT is with the MIC top.
@Nova
Exactly. Only option is MIC top for a MY21 WT. No soft top. Also the date to decide on mod black top vs MIC top was yesterday.

I’ve read different things about the ability to change up to VIN. Some say you can, others say the April 8th deadline is the now final as Ford is ready to schedule and push production.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can call Ford direct using the phone number provided in any Bronco reservation email you have received. They will ask for ID verification, and then ask for your reservation number. They will tell you if your vehicle is scheduled for 21 or 22. If you are a definite 21, then you can fret over the option concern. If it is a 22, have a beer.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can call Ford direct using the phone number provided in any Bronco reservation email you have received. They will ask for ID verification, and then ask for your reservation number. They will tell you if your vehicle is scheduled for 21 or 22. If you are a definite 21, then you can fret over the option concern. If it is a 22, have a beer.
If I called Ford now, they would be able to tell me if I am scheduled for a MY21 or MY22?

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait you can call ford to get build information?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding is the 8th is just to opt for MIC top and potentially get a 21. MOD defaults you to 22 if selected after that date.

You can still make changes until you get a VIN, and they are assigned next month.

Your dealer can notify you before they start the process unless you are selected as priority; that is scheduling now.

If you haven't changed to MIC you are 22 now unless your dealer can do something.
Sponsored