Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going through the upgrades right now with my Big Bend. Mine came factory with a 3.37 open diff :poop:. I didnt pay a market adjustment so Im ok with adding these parts after the fact and not financing the additional cost, market adjustment, etc. Yes, the labor will not be cheap, but as an Army leader of mine once said, "this is my cat and I'm the one f*ckin it."

I purchased the M210 diff, both half shafts, new axle nuts, and the front driveshaft. Sourced a takeoff 4.70 locking diff on ebay from a parted-out Bronco. For the rear axle upgrade, I bought the diff install kit from Ford Performance and a new 4.70 ring and pinion set.
I already have the calibration module and found the option in the menu for gearing changes when I installed the performance tune and changed my tire size (315/70-17).

Big questions in my mind, is there a plugged-up port in my existing M220 axle housing for the wiring..? I thought about adding the full hero switch assembly, but the aux switches just make more sense to me.
I'm planning on running both front and rear lockers on upfitter switches.

I'm waiting on a response from a Ford Performance tech guy I emailed. wanted to make sure I didn't need any other components for the diff swap on the M220 besides the install kit.
Awesome. Iā€™m really digging that so many people are upgrading their rigs. Now Ford just has to catch up with their Performance Parts that they are offering to complete the whole package šŸ˜
Sponsored

SickUnit

Big Bend
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those of you who've installed the 210 FDU and half-shafts, must the front driveshaft be upgraded, as well?

CJ Pony Parts site:

"Please Note
: If you are upgrading from M190 FDU, M210 half shafts, and an M210 front driveshaft are required."

Ford Performance Site:

"When upgrading from M190 front drive unit, M-3429-BR half shafts required"

Says nothing about the front driveshaft on the Ford site.

Is the CJ site simply saying you have to purchase an M210 or am I misreading that?

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of you who've installed the 210 FDU and half-shafts, must the front driveshaft be upgraded, as well?

CJ Pony Parts site:

"Please Note
: If you are upgrading from M190 FDU, M210 half shafts, and an M210 front driveshaft are required."

Ford Performance Site:

"When upgrading from M190 front drive unit, M-3429-BR half shafts required"

Says nothing about the front driveshaft on the Ford site.

Is the CJ site simply saying you have to purchase an M210 or am I misreading that?
I did not change front driveshaft. Early on it was put out it needed changing, then later updated. I believe somewhere on here someone said there is a difference but mine bolted up

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D Black Diamond Non- Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did not change front driveshaft. Early on it was put out it needed changing, then later updated. I believe somewhere on here someone said there is a difference but mine bolted up
So you used the M190 half shafts?

Sponsored

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m wondering if anyone has done this yet to. I wanted to full Dana axles but thatā€™s $14k. This option is half the price so I will be doing this method to just I will be doing the Dana axle shafts for more strength.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m wondering if anyone has done this yet to. I wanted to full Dana axles but thatā€™s $14k. This option is half the price so I will be doing this method to just I will be doing the Dana axle shafts for more strength.

Yes, lots of people have done this already. I too wanted the Dana upgrade, but finally admitted to myself that it wasn't in the budget. I wont be getting everything I wanted, but will still be getting lower gears, front locker, and a stronger front axle. For half the price. It also leaves money in the budget for upgrading to the 3.0 steering rack at the same time.

I'll be going from 4.46 with only rear locker to 4.70 with front and rear locker.

If buying new, Lethal Performance makes it easy: Lethal Performance M190 to M210/220 Conversion (2021+ Bronco)

I'm hoping to get some take off 4.70 axles at a much lower price.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, lots of people have done this already. I too wanted the Dana upgrade, but finally admitted to myself that it wasn't in the budget. I wont be getting everything I wanted, but will still be getting lower gears, front locker, and a stronger front axle. For half the price. It also leaves money in the budget for upgrading to the 3.0 steering rack at the same time.

I'll be going from 4.46 with only rear locker to 4.70 with front and rear locker.

If buying new, Lethal Performance makes it easy: Lethal Performance M190 to M210/220 Conversion (2021+ Bronco)

I'm hoping to get some take off 4.70 axles at a much lower price.
Am I missing something, or can't you just swap the whole differential in the rear (assuming you have a bronco with the welded ring gear)?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I missing something, or can't you just swap the whole differential in the rear (assuming you have a bronco with the welded ring gear)?

I don't know if the housing is different with or without the e-locker on the M220. If the housings are the same, you could buy the elocker and new ring and pinion and install, but if paying someone, it's probably a wash.

It would be slightly cheaper for me to just buy new ring and pinion for the rear, but I would be paying someone to install. As it is, just replacing the whole axle gives me a set of axles with 4.46 and rear locker that I can hopefully sell to someone with a Base trim and make back some of the expense.
Sponsored