Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first time I've followed a new automobile launch. I find myself underwhelmed with the color and interior options offered for the 21MY Bronco (specifically Badlands). I'm considering waiting for the 22MY even though I'm a First Edition reservation holder. I'm just not sure whether waiting will be worth it from a options v. cost standpoint. My question for those of you that have followed new automobile launches is whether you think Ford will offer new exterior colors and interior options. I know they'll offer a white top, which is important to me, but do you think we'll see a slew of new (nd better) colors as well as more sensical interior options? Also, I'm wondering what people familiar with these launches think about whether Ford will jack up the price for a 22MY given the high demand they're experiencing for a 21MY.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a "launch" FJ Cruiser.

Biggest issues with the initial models were that the front panels would warp if you installed an aftermarket bumper, the rear diff housing was too small for a regear, and all MTs had the dreaded throwout bearing failure issues.

Toyota fixed at least two of the issues, but it was later in like with the 09s or 10s if I remember. The t/o issue was another story for another Forum.

Launch vehicles can be problematic even if they are made from parts currently in use in other model lines (FJC and Bronco fit the bill).

If you are worried with "first model year issues." be aware that car companies usually don't fix fuck ups until 2-3 years in--if ever so don't let that make you wait.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apprecia

Biggest issues with the initial models were that the front panels would warp if you installed an aftermarket bumper, the rear diff housing was too small for a regear, and all MTs had the dreaded throwout bearing failure issues.

Toyota fixed at least two of the issues, but it was later in like with the 09s or 10s if I remember. The t/o issue was another story for another Forum.

Launch vehicles can be problematic even if they are made from parts currently in use in other model lines (FJC and Bronco fit the bill).

If you are worried with "first model year issues." be aware that car companies usually don't fix fuck ups until 2-3 years in--if ever so don't let that make you wait.
I appreciate it. I'm not so concerned about "first model year quality issues" as much as I'm just not loving the paint color options and the interior options and I don't see spending $50k+ for a new vehicle that I have to then spend more to get it to look the way I'm happy with. BTW, I'm willing to spend $ on aftermarket options but I don't think I should have to spend more for acceptable paint and interior options. That's my decision dilemma.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first time I've followed a new automobile launch. I find myself underwhelmed with the color and interior options offered for the 21MY Bronco (specifically Badlands). I'm considering waiting for the 22MY even though I'm a First Edition reservation holder. I'm just not sure whether waiting will be worth it from a options v. cost standpoint. My question for those of you that have followed new automobile launches is whether you think Ford will offer new exterior colors and interior options. I know they'll offer a white top, which is important to me, but do you think we'll see a slew of new (nd better) colors as well as more sensical interior options? Also, I'm wondering what people familiar with these launches think about whether Ford will jack up the price for a 22MY given the high demand they're experiencing for a 21MY.
never been involved in a first release either, so don’t have much room to advise. I have 2 reservations a 21 and a 22. I’m thinking the 22 will be a better truck, they will change things and update things over the year. the white tops and the stick with Sasquatch will be available, and who knows what else. Ford says they’re listening on the interior issues, ( doesn’t mean change will be made), but?. On the other hand, what options or accessories will go away in 22, and the price probably will increase I expect. Kind of a crap shoot and how do you accurately spec out a 22 at this time.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd be surprised if they introduced more than 1 or 2 new colors. Often it seemsn they just tweak existing colors. Grey becomes a different grey etc. Maybe different interior options but probably minimal changes to that too.

Prices almost always go up. I only recently saw an example of where they went down on the Expedition I think, because Ford removed some stuff that was previously standard.

Major changes usually occur with full model redesigns.

Sponsored

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once again, thanks Broncos fam. This the reason why I'm changing my reservation from BB to base model and fit it with aftermarket parts. Ford is doing there best to knock Jeep out but 1st run issue will hinder them for a minute.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think folks here are being too quick to assume that MY22 will have a load of new options, including new interior and exterior colors. I see lots of people saying they’re waiting till MY ‘22 because they’re holding out for XYZ option they wish was offered or maybe a new color that’s better than what’s available now. Unfortunately, enough people repeat this and eventually it becomes a “fact” around here.

IMO, the only changes for MY22 will be what we already know is coming: mansquatch, mod top, etc. Ford is so behind in terms of model year production already that I doubt they’ll be offering anything new for the second model year other than what they’ve already told us.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think folks here are being too quick to assume that MY22 will have a load of new options, including new interior and exterior colors. I see lots of people saying they’re waiting till MY ‘22 because they’re holding out for XYZ option they wish was offered or maybe a new color that’s better than what’s available now. Unfortunately, enough people repeat this and eventually it becomes a “fact” around here.

IMO, the only changes for MY22 will be what we already know is coming: mansquatch, mod top, etc. Ford is so behind in terms of model year production already that I doubt they’ll be offering anything new for the second model year other than what they’ve already told us.
There's still a bunch of unknowns at this point. I don't think there will be any new things add to the 22MY. Ford didn't specify yet on when the manual + Sasquatch would be ready for production and we probably won't know that until we get our orders in. I'm hoping the manual + Sasquatch will be available for late delivery in 2021 as a 21MY.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

side note, I hope they bring the fj back sooner than later

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As unrealistic as it may be, I wish Ford would commit to sharing any major MY '22 changes including interior\exterior color options as soon as possible (in Q1 of '21).

This would be insanely helpful in our current decision making process versus waiting for the normal cadence of when model year changes are typically announced.

Ford would be able to reduce some of the disappointment with launch available options\cosmetics. A lot of people would actually be happy waiting on a longer timeline if they knew what they were waiting patiently for.

As of now, it is a big roll of the dice waiting for MY '22 if you are expecting any other options\features that have not been already announced.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a few others have said I think absolute best case scenario would be they add one MAYBE two exterior options. At this point they probably have over 200K reservations and are expecting ~75% conversion. They will have enough orders to realistically be busy for a full year before they've even started on dealer stock, I don't think it's reasonable to expect many changes for MY22.
Sponsored