Sponsored

22’ For-sure Get BD Instead of BaseSquatch…

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm fairly confident in saying that regardless of trim and options the price will be locked in.

I believe Ford stated it that way so if they come out with a special edition, heritage, warthog, etc. You wouldn't be price protected on that unit.
Thanks, Zach. But even in that case of special editions such as the Heritage Edition, the invoice pricing of that edition would be the baseline for those buyers that reserved under the $1K (or $2K) below invoice offers, no?
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, Zach. But even in that case of special editions such as the Heritage Edition, the invoice pricing of that edition would be the baseline for those buyers that reserved under the $1K (or $2K) below invoice offers, no?
Correct. Not on a high end warthog/raptor variant but as long as we're not allocation limited our pricing would be the same.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct. Not on a high end warthog/raptor variant but as long as we're not allocation limited our pricing would be the same.
Thank you. I just hate to see rumors run rampant and it is best to get the clarification from the man in charge.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm fairly confident in saying that regardless of trim and options the price will be locked in.

I believe Ford stated it that way so if they come out with a special edition, heritage, warthog, etc. You wouldn't be price protected on that unit.
Zach, thank you! I could be in an odd spot wanting BaseSas (didn’t order) only to find out that it could be nearly the same price as the BD build I ordered. I was thinking about it yesterday and thought it just didn’t feel right if that’s how it went down. So, your response is very welcome.

It’s been a struggle at times, but I’m really set on a build that isn’t reflected on my order. So it’d suck big _____ to find out a lower trim could end up costing me. Simply because I didn’t change a sheet of paper, that doesn’t matter and will get thrown out in a few weeks.

Zack I should’ve tagged you in the discussion earlier, but figured it was out of my control and probably yours. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks again

Last edited:

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup! Been thinking! Can’t beat it!
Ive tried every build config. BD, BB, BL.
Cant touch The BaseSquatch value
Plus the Mrs. Says so Too! As long as it is VB! in 22’!
I like the Green also, she Doesn’t!
That’s my color too. Problem is it’s most likely going away for 22, being replaced by atlas blue. Not a fan. Hoping Race res gets unlocked for Base, possibly see how Green looks. Otherwise it’ll be one of the boring colors, carb Gray or silver.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford never said you could change models and still have price protection for your MY22 or MY23.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well…..with all this stuff going on yesterday, and now for sure getting a 22! and….with me being at the end of the line…. (order in March 19th) I have a lot of time to think about what I really need versus what I want…. There’s no doubt that the base Squatch is the best deal, as far as drive train and stuff like that. But the black diamond has more than enough stuff too!
It has a rear locker, but I really like the fact that it has the washable interior and the heavy duty marine grade vinyl, and it has a narrower track than the Sasquatch.
I live in the northern California gold country, and there’s a lot of switchback trails and old mining roads where a narrower track would be better.
Only thing is the MSRP wouldn’t be protected if I switch models.
So if I wait till the BNP comes out in September and it’s not really any more expensive, then…
I might go that route.
Then there’s the fact that if I change, my dealer might do an added markup.
right now. he’s telling me I got grandfathered in for the MSRP On my base Squatch order.
So there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered first before I do anything drastic!
And….the wife is hooked on the the BasSquatch now with the velocity blue!
Especially after we drove that wild track!!!
Damn! Fudge-ripple‘s of death!
what to do….what to do???
Could Always just put the narrower Flares and Wheels on the Sasquatch, with
33x 12.50s and I would already have my Lift, and lockers?
that’s a good compromise also.
Have we determined that MSRP won't be protected if we switch models? By now, so many people have changed their orders to meet what might get produced in 2021, that their original choices are completely confused.

Also, if you make the swicth on your 2021 order now to Black Diamond for example, are you then protected for the Black Diamond price for 2022.

For that matter, we all should load up with all the options for the model we are selecting to price protect everything??

Will be interesting to see how Ford does this - especially through their dealers, many of whom are not even honoring 2021 pricing.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford never said you could change models and still have price protection for your MY22 or MY23.
They didn't say you couldn't either, just said price protected based on date. There won't be a person sitting there looking at each order, the system computer is going to do it. It will look at the reservation/order date, won't even have a history of what the original order was. I think it is pretty darn safe to say that it's going to kick out an original MSRP price based on the original date. BTW, I don't work for Ford, but anyone who isn't is speculating. I was a sales manager at a Ford dealership for 15 years, however.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They didn't say you couldn't either, just said price protected based on date. There won't be a person sitting there looking at each order, the system computer is going to do it. It will look at the reservation/order date, won't even have a history of what the original order was. I think it is pretty darn safe to say that it's going to kick out an original MSRP price based on the original date. BTW, I don't work for Ford, but anyone who isn't is speculating. I was a sales manager at a Ford dealership for 15 years, however.
No this is what they said. This is the only thing that matters, not people’s guesses. “Similarly equipped “ vehicle order or reservation as of March 19, 2021.
Ford Bronco 22’ For-sure Get BD Instead of BaseSquatch… AF7183D5-0FC7-454D-A924-293828B258C6

Sponsored
OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats Why I saved everything!
I have every Ford email, Dealer conversation, MSRP/NoADM Promises, and the last B&P from march I sent them.
In file form, and Printed out in a folder.
TRUST NO-ONE!

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No this is what they said. This is the only thing that matters, not people’s guesses. “Similarly equipped “ vehicle order or reservation as of March 19, 2021.
Ford Bronco 22’ For-sure Get BD Instead of BaseSquatch… AF7183D5-0FC7-454D-A924-293828B258C6
Ok, didn't see that and I get your point. Leaves a lot of room open for what they will actually do. What, exactly, does "similarly equipped" mean? Does it mean same model? Does it mean BD non-SAS to BaseSAS? Does it mean BD SAS to BL non-SAS? Does it mean original MSRP with a certain percentage change allowed? Still pretty open, and I bet everyone won't be happy. However, Ford could come through and go simply by order date as a customer satisfaction move after the delays and problems. Who knows.
Sponsored