Sponsored

22’ For-sure Get BD Instead of BaseSquatch…

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan to put base steelies and flares on my BaseManSquatch with some pizza cutter 33's and sell my squatch wheels and tires to fund it. I want the gears, lockers, and shocks, but want the simple retro look and durability of steel wheels.
I'm betting going to 33's will help with power and fuel economy without sacrificing much in the way of capability.
I've been 99'd since finding out ManSquatch would be a '22 option.
I was thinking the same thing.
Lift, lockers,
Just put base flares and more positive offset wheels w 33x12.5
Would also look more lifted cause of bigger wheel openings

Really once we actually all have our Broncos… we can All trade parts with each other to make us all happy.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing.
Lift, lockers,
Just put base flares and more positive offset wheels w 33x12.5
Would also look more lifted cause of bigger wheel openings

Really once we actually all have our Broncos… we can All trade parts with each other to make us all happy.

We tried a Sasquatch and it's a bit high for my wife to get in. So, thinking BL with 33's or getting BaseSquatch and putting 33's on it. I kind of like the idea of 4.7's and 33" tires and the 2.3L, could be a really nice to drive. I also like the narrower non-SAS fender flares.

BTW, I was able to see Sasquatch Broncos and a non-SAS BL, so able to compare the 35's vs 33's. Really, not that much difference. The diameter difference is just 1.5", and I measured the actual tread width and it was 9.5" on both the 285/70 17 BFG AT and the 315/70 17 Goodyear Territory. The non-SAS BL looked really good with the 33" BFG's.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fords pricing will remain the same in the computer system. It is the dealers that might try to play around with pricing. I'm with Granger so I'm not worried. Pretty sure we can make changes and it is still the same deal they offered.
I'm in for a base Squatch. You really can't beat it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a dealer, so I don't know for sure...BUT

Every thing I read before hand, I thought they were were saying you will have to re-order anyways as your build slips into a 22 or your 99 code gets re-activated as a 22.
The 2021 order codes and forms will not be valid, as options and packaging changes.
So that would be your oppurtunity to make any changes you like.
@Granger Ford @ZackDanger ....correct me if I'm wrong here.

ManSquatch is truely a game changer. I'll be a bit pissed if I receive my Dirt Mountain Gang Bronco after January.
My res date is early enough I would have been really close to the front for a 22.
We shall see.
They may limit ManSquatch to just a few or only one model(s).

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be nice if they had a smaller sas with 33s on steelies, 4.46s, 210 in the front, rear locker, and adv 4x4. Price it around 3k and id be in.
Or a front locker option on a BD...

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually went 180 degrees in the opposite direction as you’re contemplating. Dropped from a bd to basesquatch just over a week ago. Added some things so my build would push to 22, but ideally I’m waiting for Mansquatch. The running gear outweighs everything else to me, I’ll give up the mgv and floors. Plus it’s 1500 cheaper vs my bd build. If I can’t get 7mt and mid in my budget limits, I’ll focus on the stuff that matters.well Worth the trade off to me to go basesquatch.
Yup! Been thinking! Can’t beat it!
Ive tried every build config. BD, BB, BL.
Cant touch The BaseSquatch value
Plus the Mrs. Says so Too! As long as it is VB! in 22’!
I like the Green also, she Doesn’t!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well…..with all this stuff going on yesterday, and now for sure getting a 22! and….with me being at the end of the line…. (order in March 19th) I have a lot of time to think about what I really need versus what I want…. There’s no doubt that the base Squatch is the best deal, as far as drive train and stuff like that. But the black diamond has more than enough stuff too!
It has a rear locker, but I really like the fact that it has the washable interior and the heavy duty marine grade vinyl, and it has a narrower track than the Sasquatch.
I live in the northern California gold country, and there’s a lot of switchback trails and old mining roads where a narrower track would be better.
Only thing is the MSRP wouldn’t be protected if I switch models.
So if I wait till the BNP comes out in September and it’s not really any more expensive, then…
I might go that route.
Then there’s the fact that if I change, my dealer might do an added markup.
right now. he’s telling me I got grandfathered in for the MSRP On my base Squatch order.
So there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered first before I do anything drastic!
And….the wife is hooked on the the BasSquatch now with the velocity blue!
Especially after we drove that wild track!!!
Damn! Fudge-ripple‘s of death!
what to do….what to do???
Could Always just put the narrower Flares and Wheels on the Sasquatch, with
33x 12.50s and I would already have my Lift, and lockers?
that’s a good compromise also.
did you put in a reservation on March 19 or just order because if you put in a reservation on that day then you won't get one tell 2023 because I think Ford going build 150,000 Broncos in 2022

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

did you put in a reservation on March 19 or just order because if you put in a reservation on that day then you won't get one tell 2023 because I think Ford going build 150,000 Broncos in 2022
Res Nov 2 20
Ordered
mar 18th 21

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Res Nov 2 20
Ordered
mar 18th 21
I put in a reservation on 8/17/20 and ordered a 2 door base and with all the dealers picking people to get there's build first and all the people who in a reservation before me I be surprise if I get mine in 2022

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well…..with all this stuff going on yesterday, and now for sure getting a 22! and….with me being at the end of the line…. (order in March 19th) I have a lot of time to think about what I really need versus what I want…. There’s no doubt that the base Squatch is the best deal, as far as drive train and stuff like that. But the black diamond has more than enough stuff too!
It has a rear locker, but I really like the fact that it has the washable interior and the heavy duty marine grade vinyl, and it has a narrower track than the Sasquatch.
I live in the northern California gold country, and there’s a lot of switchback trails and old mining roads where a narrower track would be better.
Only thing is the MSRP wouldn’t be protected if I switch models.
So if I wait till the BNP comes out in September and it’s not really any more expensive, then…
I might go that route.
Then there’s the fact that if I change, my dealer might do an added markup.
right now. he’s telling me I got grandfathered in for the MSRP On my base Squatch order.
So there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered first before I do anything drastic!
And….the wife is hooked on the the BasSquatch now with the velocity blue!
Especially after we drove that wild track!!!
Damn! Fudge-ripple‘s of death!
what to do….what to do???
Could Always just put the narrower Flares and Wheels on the Sasquatch, with
33x 12.50s and I would already have my Lift, and lockers?
that’s a good compromise also.
Find a BD somewhere and check it out. I had originally ordered a BD because of the wash out interior and MGV seats. When I saw one in person I changed my order because of the MGV and rubberized floors. I live at the beach and drive on the sand. I also like taking my golden retriever for ride so between the two I thought the BD would be perfect for keeping things clean.
I found the MGV to be more like Lands End windbreaker material then the vinyl on my boat cushions. I felt like the dogs nails would rip them for sure! Also, the rubberized floor felt to “rubberized” and the washout vents seam like they would get clogged. There was also a space I could put my fingers in between the plastic cove on the rocker panel and the floor that would get filed with sand and dog hair for sure! Ultimately I went with the BB standard package because I’d rather have the cloth seats and got floor liners for the carpet. If my wife was so set on cactus gray I wad have gone basesquatch.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's who I talked to as well, but he wasn't totally sure I'd get price protection other than what my order was, wh (this was yesterday afternoon emailing with him), which seemed odd since the email said reservation or order by 3/19(iirc). I'll continue to have some dialogue with them on this, but Ford really needs to lockdown what this actually is for dealers/customers.
The Price Protection policy has not been specifically defined by Ford leaving it open to interpretation. There are some dealers such as the OP's that is defining it as an exact trim that was ordered for MY'21 is only protected in price. Whereas there are others that are applying common sense to the policy meaning that if the trim/options were available in MY'21 then those same trim/options are price protected in MY'22. Now, it wouldn't apply to special editions (Heritage Edition) or new options if they were introduced. But even in that case, the price protection only extends to the MSRP. For a dealer such as Granger where the below invoice deal applies, a buyer could still choose the new edition/options and the deal is calculated based off the invoice pricing for those items.

@Zach@Granger Can you chime in here as some of the questions specifically are coming from Granger customers? They have indicated that they spoke with Hunter, but can we get the official position of Granger from you so that rumors don't spread?

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Price Protection policy has not been specifically defined by Ford leaving it open to interpretation. There are some dealers such as the OP's that is defining it as an exact trim that was ordered for MY'21 is only protected in price. Whereas there are others that are applying common sense to the policy meaning that if the trim/options were available in MY'21 then those same trim/options are price protected in MY'22. Now, it wouldn't apply to special editions (Heritage Edition) or new options if they were introduced. But even in that case, the price protection only extends to the MSRP. For a dealer such as Granger where the below invoice deal applies, a buyer could still choose the new edition/options and the deal is calculated based off the invoice pricing for those items.

@Zach@Granger Can you chime in here as some of the questions specifically are coming from Granger customers? They have indicated that they spoke with Hunter, but can we get the official position of Granger from you so that rumors don't spread?

I'm fairly confident in saying that regardless of trim and options the price will be locked in.

I believe Ford stated it that way so if they come out with a special edition, heritage, warthog, etc. You wouldn't be price protected on that unit.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be nice if they had a smaller sas with 33s on steelies, 4.46s, 210 in the front, rear locker, and adv 4x4. Price it around 3k and id be in.
#SkinnySquatch I've been advocating for a subset of the Sasquatch package since last fall. Some drivers such as the OP who want a narrow track don't need 35's.
Sponsored