Sponsored

22’ For-sure Get BD Instead of BaseSquatch…

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well…..with all this stuff going on yesterday, and now for sure getting a 22! and….with me being at the end of the line…. (order in March 19th) I have a lot of time to think about what I really need versus what I want…. There’s no doubt that the base Squatch is the best deal, as far as drive train and stuff like that. But the black diamond has more than enough stuff too!
It has a rear locker, but I really like the fact that it has the washable interior and the heavy duty marine grade vinyl, and it has a narrower track than the Sasquatch.
I live in the northern California gold country, and there’s a lot of switchback trails and old mining roads where a narrower track would be better.
Only thing is the MSRP wouldn’t be protected if I switch models.
So if I wait till the BNP comes out in September and it’s not really any more expensive, then…
I might go that route.
Then there’s the fact that if I change, my dealer might do an added markup.
right now. he’s telling me I got grandfathered in for the MSRP On my base Squatch order.
So there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered first before I do anything drastic!
And….the wife is hooked on the the BasSquatch now with the velocity blue!
Especially after we drove that wild track!!!
Damn! Fudge-ripple‘s of death!
what to do….what to do???
Could Always just put the narrower Flares and Wheels on the Sasquatch, with
33x 12.50s and I would already have my Lift, and lockers?
that’s a good compromise also.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought about doing the same, but after sitting in a BD with MGL that had been sitting in the sun a while...non-starter.

(Also, I stupidly want my front locker, so...)

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought about doing the same, but after sitting in a BD with MGL that had been sitting in the sun a while...non-starter.

Me too!
You really can’t beat the price for a BaseSquatch

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to put base steelies and flares on my BaseManSquatch with some pizza cutter 33's and sell my squatch wheels and tires to fund it. I want the gears, lockers, and shocks, but want the simple retro look and durability of steel wheels.
I'm betting going to 33's will help with power and fuel economy without sacrificing much in the way of capability.
I've been 99'd since finding out ManSquatch would be a '22 option.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wear pants you goober! :D

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been here, but the opposite. My order is for a BD and I've been tempted and tempted by the BaseSas build. I've mentally leaned BaseSas for months now, but have been self imposed 99 since the beginning. I talked to my dealer and they really don't know how the price protection is going to work. The language isn't really all finalized from Ford, but I recall seeing in the email (if my memory isn't shot) that reservation/orders before March 19th will be price protected. To me, that should lock me into MY21 pricing with my reservation and any of the trims I'd want. But.... I'm sure that isn't the case. It would be nice for the consumer, since so many things have changed and a few things might change for MY22.

We'll find out soon enough.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Been here, but the opposite. My order is for a BD and I've been tempted and tempted by the BaseSas build. I've mentally leaned BaseSas for months now, but have been self imposed 99 since the beginning. I talked to my dealer and they really don't know how the price protection is going to work. The language isn't really all finalized from Ford, but I recall seeing in the email (if my memory isn't shot) that reservation/orders before March 19th will be price protected. To me, that should lock me into MY21 pricing with my reservation and any of the trims I'd want. But.... I'm sure that isn't the case. It would be nice for the consumer, since so many things have changed and a few things might change for MY22.

I’m in a similar situation as well. May switch back to BaseManSquatch from BL. 2 door 7sp was main driver with decent suspension/ lift. Would rather have the cloth seats and then mid isn’t required for them -20 days in Wisconsin! Of course I flip flop more than a fresh caught salmon so time will tell.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Putting steps on my BaseSaS this morning and I would even go a little further with your smaller tire flare thought.

This 4.7 gear could easily be a 4.46 or even 4.27........this thing shifts to 3rd turning at a stoplight

Of course without the 210 in the front your changing carrier and all

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm curious how that proce protection will work out for me, with a 3/19 reservation.
I had a first day reservation but canceled it due to unsteady employment status with the Wu-Tang Flu Thang going on. Now I've changed jobs and employment is more or less guaranteed....

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in a similar situation as well. May switch back to BaseManSquatch from BL. 2 door 7sp was main driver with decent suspension/ lift. Would rather have the cloth seats and then mid isn’t required for them -20 days in Wisconsin! Of course I flip flop more than a fresh caught salmon so time will tell.
Yep... If the wind shifts just right, I start thinking all BD Sas with the 2.3 and manual. Then I'm 2.7 BD with Mid (my order), then the wind shifts and I'm back in love with the 2.7 BaseSas... I figure I have 12 months to figure it out still. LOL

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually went 180 degrees in the opposite direction as you’re contemplating. Dropped from a bd to basesquatch just over a week ago. Added some things so my build would push to 22, but ideally I’m waiting for Mansquatch. The running gear outweighs everything else to me, I’ll give up the mgv and floors. Plus it’s 1500 cheaper vs my bd build. If I can’t get 7mt and mid in my budget limits, I’ll focus on the stuff that matters.well Worth the trade off to me to go basesquatch.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually went 180 degrees in the opposite direction as you’re contemplating. Dropped from a bd to basesquatch just over a week ago. Added some things so my build would push to 22, but ideally I’m waiting for Mansquatch. The running gear outweighs everything else to me, I’ll give up the mgv and floors. Plus it’s 1500 cheaper vs my bd build. If I can’t get 7mt and mid in my budget limits, I’ll focus on the stuff that matters.well Worth the trade off to me to go basesquatch.
Yes sir. Why I'm hoping my dealer/Ford allow locked in pricing on other builds other than the one we put in back in March. I get they have to draw the line somewhere, but there's so many constraints or potential changes for MY22, they need to be flexible here.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes sir. Why I'm hoping my dealer/Ford allow locked in pricing on other builds other than the one we put in back in March. I get they have to draw the line somewhere, but there's so many constraints or potential changes for MY22, they need to be flexible here.
According to Hunter at Granger when I switched last week, as long as you had a reservation in, you would have 21 pricing if you switched. And considering they are changing what is/isn’t available on 22, you’ve got a valid reason for changing. You should be good either way.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to Hunter at Granger when I switched last week, as long as you had a reservation in, you would have 21 pricing if you switched. And considering they are changing what is/isn’t available on 22, you’ve got a valid reason for changing. You should be good either way.
That's who I talked to as well, but he wasn't totally sure I'd get price protection other than what my order was, wh (this was yesterday afternoon emailing with him), which seemed odd since the email said reservation or order by 3/19(iirc). I'll continue to have some dialogue with them on this, but Ford really needs to lockdown what this actually is for dealers/customers.
Sponsored