drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys, im more of a road racing guy but i want to start doing some trails with my kids using my 4 door badlands sasquatch daily driver.

Nothing crazy but i would like to know if there is any "must do" mods/accesories for trail riding with these trucks.

I just started taking infos on the net and tought here would be the first place i should ask.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi guys, im more of a road racing guy but i want to start doing some trails with my kids using my 4 door badlands sasquatch daily driver.

Nothing crazy but i would like to know if there is any "must do" mods/accesories for trail riding with these trucks.

I just started taking infos on the net and tought here would be the first place i should ask.

Thanks in advance!
I’d say for 99% of folks (obviously depending on what sort of trails you’re talking about running) you already own everything you need. Just need to get out and enjoy it!

OP
OP
drzmat

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to our cabin in the woods is a blast even in stock form. The trail is "rough" but probably nothing compared with real off roading trails...

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would recommend a transmission skid plate. Any brand would do, the plastic transmission pan is very exposed and could ruin a family outing fast.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to our cabin in the woods is a blast even in stock form. The trail is "rough" but probably nothing compared with real off roading trails...
Your trail is probably already a “real off-roading trail”. Any dirt trail can get interesting with a little rain.

You’ve already sunk a good chunk of money into your nice new rig, a Squatched Badlands is pretty loaded and has good armor.

Only Things you “need” are:

Recovery gear - straps, shackles (hard bow shackles or soft or both), a shovel. Kinetic rope if you can spare around $200 for a decent one that’ll last.

First Aid Kit - for the family, cause shit happens in the woods and it’ll likely get used for you! A blanky, rain gear or jacket, something to start a fire, etc.

Comms - your cell phone is useless in the backcountry for other than downloaded maps, so buy an annual membership to something like Gaia and/or AllTrails/Footpath. A satellite communicator (text) is a smart purchase. I use a Garmin InReach Mini; expensive, but good stuff, plus a monthly cost. A radio such as a handheld GMRS. This will help you more than you’d ever realize.

Tire Deflator and repair kit and a compressor of some kind - an ARB is the tits! But not necessary, so any that’s mabye $100 or more will help you out.

That’s it!

Plan, prep your pack and the above and you’re set to get out and have some fun. Everything listed should be under $1K unless you go top end; which is fine, but not necessary.

OP
OP
drzmat

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your trail is probably already a “real off-roading trail”. Any dirt trail can get interesting with a little rain.

You’ve already sunk a good chunk of money into your nice new rig, a Squatched Badlands is pretty loaded and has good armor.

Only Things you “need” are:

Recovery gear - straps, shackles (hard bow shackles or soft or both), a shovel. Kinetic rope if you can spare around $200 for a decent one that’ll last.

First Aid Kit - for the family, cause shit happens in the woods and it’ll likely get used for you! A blanky, rain gear or jacket, something to start a fire, etc.

Comms - your cell phone is useless in the backcountry for other than downloaded maps, so buy an annual membership to something like Gaia and/or AllTrails/Footpath. A satellite communicator (text) is a smart purchase. I use a Garmin InReach Mini; expensive, but good stuff, plus a monthly cost. A radio such as a handheld GMRS. This will help you more than you’d ever realize.

Tire Deflator and repair kit and a compressor of some kind - an ARB is the tits! But not necessary, so any that’s mabye $100 or more will help you out.

That’s it!

Plan, prep your pack and the above and you’re set to get out and have some fun. Everything listed should be under $1K unless you go top end; which is fine, but not necessary.
I just did my first "real" trail ride with a jeep group today and honestly the Bronco did an awesome job!

I was the only Ford in there :D

So much traction with the Badlands sasquatch it climbed everywhere, the only thing i was worried was hitting rocks under the truck in some sketchy sections.

I may add some rear shocks skids just for peace of mind, maybe some trans and crossmember skids as well.

Other than this i think youre right, ill just enjoy the truck and buy the basic stuff i need.

I already have the compressor and strap/shackles, i will get the other things i need shortly.

That was an awesome ride and the truck exceeded my expectations honestly.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did my first "real" trail ride with a jeep group today and honestly the Bronco did an awesome job!

I was the only Ford in there :D

So much traction with the Badlands sasquatch it climbed everywhere, the only thing i was worried was hitting rocks under the truck in some sketchy sections.

I may add some rear shocks skids just for peace of mind, maybe some trans and crossmember skids as well.

Other than this i think youre right, ill just enjoy the truck and buy the basic stuff i need.

I already have the compressor and strap/shackles, i will get the other things i need shortly.

That was an awesome ride and the truck exceeded my expectations honestly.
That’s great, glad you had fun; it’s addicting.

For skids, if you’re referring to the drag, that’s fine, but you don’t want to bang skids either, you want to avoid hitting most things with the underbelly.

Armor is best thought as insurance unless you have a sponsor or just money to burn.

Slowing down is most important and when in doubt, get out and walk the obstacle to try to find the safe line.

Hope those guys were spotting for everyone as well.