Sponsored

'22 Price Protection - but in the other direction?

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am a day one, hour two rez holder. I want ManSquatch - bc I'm a man - so I'm relegated to the '22 holding pattern. I've read all of the horror stories re: ADM, bait-n-switch and all other brands of dealership nonsense but as I think about signing a Sales Agreement at MSRP soon (as in Sept 13th?) I begin to wonder if come my delivery time (12-15 months at current run rate) will things have thinned out a bit to the point where Ford will need to start discounting off of MSRP - as they do for all other vehicles they produce? Despite all of the mystique around Bronco, we all know this vehicle is just another Ford and will be priced accordingly at some point. My question is: when do we think this will happen and are we being too conservative to agreeing to MSRP for a delivery that far out?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do not think the above MSRP will change to below MSRP in 2022 or even 2023, the chip shortage and high demand for Bronco will likely keep dealers at or above MSRP for the foreseeable future.

As for if you should get a purchase agreement YES! Don't screw yourself over by not getting a signed deal by you AND the dealership

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am a day one, hour two rez holder. I want ManSquatch - bc I'm a man - so I'm relegated to the '22 holding pattern. I've read all of the horror stories re: ADM, bait-n-switch and all other brands of dealership nonsense but as I think about signing a Sales Agreement at MSRP soon (as in Sept 13th?) I begin to wonder if come my delivery time (12-15 months at current run rate) will things have thinned out a bit to the point where Ford will need to start discounting off of MSRP - as they do for all other vehicles they produce? Despite all of the mystique around Bronco, we all know this vehicle is just another Ford and will be priced accordingly at some point. My question is: when do we think this will happen and are we being too conservative to agreeing to MSRP for a delivery that far out?

Thoughts?
They haven't even filled all of the orders and I don't expect them to until late next year. Even after that there's no expectation that demand will subside. As more people see the actual Broncos in the street the demand will actually increase. I hope your dealer likes you.

I can see demand normalizing sometime in 2023 or even later.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts?
The vehicle shortage is not going to be over in 12-15 months. I''ll take the MRSP lock. Worst case back out of your order and wait some more. Maybe two years from now things will be back to 'normal'. It will be interesting to see how the automakers respond to rebuilding retail inventory vs preferring cutom ordered vehicles.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When my wife ordered her BS, she was quoted MSRP no ADM (on the PA). When she took delivery, they gave her the $500 incentive that was available at that time.

A good dealer will give you the incentive unless you're already with a below invoice dealer (which makes them a good dealer by default).

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't look for any incentives on a full size Bronco any time soon. And when I say soon that would be the next several years. As it stands now there are enough reservations to get Ford through '22, and some that hold out for the MOD/Body Color top will get their's in '23. Just a SWAG, but maybe just maybe if all starts going smoothly again we'll see some late '23 early '24 if (and that's a big if) sales of the Bronco calm down. And if the supply builds to an amount of say the F-150 on a dealers lot.

Disclaimer: But, what do I know? Not much according to my dear wife. :)

Last edited:

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By 2023 I’m betting on x plan eligibility.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

price protection is only for what you have ordered. changes to your order will likely incur a price increase from what was listed.

demand is so high there will be no discounted msrp. historically inflation and prices go up over time; in the last 10 years new vehicles went up 4% with inflation and costs. chip shortages, covid, and manufacturing are all future unknows.

bottom line is price won't decrease unless demand slows, or they can produce cheaper. this won't happen in the next few years, and even if they can produce cheaper they will just make more profit.

edit: some time in september they will have new skus, prices, and what is price protected for orders that were submitted before the 3/19 deadline.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

3 years to see the first $1,000 customer cash at the end of the model year. I don't see it ever being really significant. Specialty vehicles like this, the Wrangler and Corvette don't see as much price slashing as the others. One reason is they are unlikely to be fleet cars. I think production/supply will be held tight to keep the price up.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are still open questions about MY22. Whether the actual sales prices will be higher or lower is not one of them.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts?
I would not believe you will see discounts Ford has announced they are changing their sales model and will no longer fill dealers lots with vehicles in order to reduce cost. Fords new plan is to only have a few models at each location for test drives and the customer is to order it made to their exact specification and Ford will build it in 4-6 weeks. I think this is foolish thinking as not everything is a Bronco, but Ford will have to learn the hard way when they lose all the impulse sales that may account for 30% of all car sales. The car salesman do everything in the world to keep you there until you sign if they have nothing someone can drive off with the customer is just going to go to Jeep or Toyota next door.
All commodity prices are increasing so I expect base price to increase 10-15% beginning January 2022.
Sponsored