First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This solves the roof rack part of me getting a soft top. I still need somewhere to store the tops when not in use.

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this for the 2 and 4dr?

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I’m not sure that I need it, but if I did, I think this is a home run and you're about to get busier. Looks great.

ARock0ne

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lovely. Just emailed you and started following on Instagram. This looks great.

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great! Following for more updates. Hoping this will be able to carry two kayaks ?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this is going to be a home run for you. You found a gap in the market. My main question is will you make it for 2-doors? I understand that is a much smaller market for you.

I would also like to double down on these questions:

I love the design, but will there be a version that can handle more weight for a Roof Top Tent? Do you also have what the price will be?
I understand a RTT would exceed your 80# limit, but maybe you could design a beefier version?

@22winty Very cool!!

2 questions...

1. Will this only work with the OEM soft top or it is compatible with the Bestop Fastback top as well? (Pretty sure it's OEM only)
2. Where are you located?
As someone who thinks the Bestop Fastback is superior, I'm interested in this answer as well.

All in all, I think the bronco design team should be very happy. They intended this vehicle to be something customers can modify and make their own. Your product does just that. Proof that the bronco is an awesome vehicle. Well done!

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is going to be a home run for you. You found a gap in the market. My main question is will you make it for 2-doors? I understand that is a much smaller market for you.

I understand a RTT would exceed your 80# limit, but maybe you could design a beefier version?

As someone who thinks the Bestop Fastback is superior, I'm interested in this answer as well.

All in all, I think the bronco design team should be very happy. They intended this vehicle to be something customers can modify and make their own. Your product does just that. Proof that the bronco is an awesome vehicle. Well done!
@22winty * poke poke * C'mon! You can't just drop the hotness on us and dip out! It's rude! We are a needy bunch with attention spans that are consumed with our Broncs! 🤣

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135 JB4 2021 Bronco Badlands JB4.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#
I have not accessed the 2 door option yet, If there's an interest Id be very interested to find out. Ive searched for pics of the 2 door roof top mounting holes.......to see how it attaches, who knows maybe it fits.

I would also like to see how a hard top fits,

The 22 Winty Rack uses the 3 hard top mounting holes and 2 fender holes on each side.
I believe so does the best top, so I do not think they will work, but Im willing to take a look.
Also the fast back angle of the Best top wind mach the lines on the rack but it may also look fine?

##
The weight limitations have to do with side to side sway. Especially on a rough road or off roading. Since there is very little way to support the top from this motion, this type of rack has its limitation.... "Skis to the slopes / Surfboards to the beach".

On my website I state. " Not intended for heavy loads (tent), off roading or Over landing"

I use rubber bumpers behind the rear window. They allow a little shock absorption jiggle and are extremely gentle on the trim. I've done my best to judge weight capabilities vs functionality.......and sleek low profile design. This rack is where I landed

Any heavier it will be to hard to flip like Gobi. 80 lbs cargo is plenty for people like me.

I have considered removing the plastic trim piece behind the door to see what's behind it. Maybe the rack can be anchored directly to the pillar. It's a possibility but it again takes away from the simplicity of installation and use....

###
It is an awesome vehicle but man did they miss and many many points. Especially for a company who's been around for so long.
I wish they had payed attention to the Bestops functionality. The way the Fords windows install is not well panned or easy, it should be.

They did do well in many ways.

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@22winty * poke poke * C'mon! You can't just drop the hotness on us and dip out! It's rude! We are a needy bunch with attention spans that are consumed with our Broncs! 🤣
Trust me, I both want your money and your pics.

I can't wait to make these things and get them out there.. Ive been asked to send them to Hawaii and Puerto Rico, Canada and all over, its going to be fun!
I have very high standards for quality, function and design.... All have now fallen into place.
We will start taking orders soon

Also I didn't mean to dip out, I have my Social media limits, I've been more active on instagram, I m getting close to taking orders so Im now pushing it here at g6

Hotness from yesterday near Big Bear Lake CA, But like I said on the site. NOT FOR OFF ROADING!

Ford Bronco 22 Winty Soft Top Roof Rack for Ford Bronco IMG_6575

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Rack! How was it towing the RV? I have a wildwood and have been hesitant to try.

Hi
That camper was a little too much when heading into the Smokey Mountains. It's right at the 3500lbs. I also have a manual transmission which is a little weak for that. The 4 cylinder engine was great, Plenty of power, coolant temp never moved. Oil temp went up a bit but maintained. Starting uphill with the stick left a little to be desired, I've driven heavier duty sticks and they do fine..... Maybe the automatic would be better.....

I also installed sumo springs which I believe helped sag. Last thing I wanted was to have the ass end sink and look like a fool.....With stabilizer bars I was able to maintain a nice level line.

I'd try it, maybe around town first to get a feel before you hit the hills and especially before mountains!

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a picture with the top fully closed and all the windows in place where you can see the whole vehicle?

Hi
There are full window in pics at

www.22winty.com
instagram.com/22_winty
Sponsored