22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135 JB4 2021 Bronco Badlands JB4.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

or a kayak and an SUP!
Looks great! Following for more updates. Hoping this will be able to carry two kayaks ?

With the windshield bar it will definitely handle Sup Boards, I recommend the Yakama SUP Dawg rack, I think it handles 2.
I haven't tried Kayaks but if it's within the weight cap Im sure there is a way. The front bar has an estimated 50lbs cap raising the rack total to 130 lbs (evenly distributed)

2.jpg

FR3.jpeg
Sponsored

benderofbows

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco; 09 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm in, just need to know how much to save up!

DV8 Soft Top Roof Rack is $1,199 with free shipping. As a full rack it impedes the soft top but carries more weight. JCR is a couple hundred more but carries even more weight (roof top tent etc.)

How will this price compare to $1,199? Less, more, about the same?

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DV8 Soft Top Roof Rack is $1,199 with free shipping. As a full rack it impedes the soft top but carries more weight. JCR is a couple hundred more but carries much more weight (roof top tent etc.)

How will this price compare? Less, more, about the same?

DV8 Soft Top Roof Rack is $1,199 with free shipping. As a full rack it impedes the soft top but carries more weight. JCR is a couple hundred more but carries much more weight (roof top tent etc.)

How will this price compare? Less, more, about the same?
Hi,
A thorough response!

Dv8, Gobi and Raket are different beasts and are for a certain type. Our rack doesnā€™t boast the weight or off road capabilities they do.
It also doesnā€™t look like your on safari or on an overland expedition while driving on pavement around suburbs and cities.

It can be removed in a minute and left left behind when not wanted. Leaving just minimal brackets.

The greatest feature of the 22 Winty rack besides its refined, modular design is its capability to tilt back with or without gear without removing parts. If your like me thatā€™s way more important then large capacities.

I like to think we fall into an ā€œEliteā€ catagory of people who want a stylish, elegant, sleek designer fit that puts ease of use and design ahead of extreme adventure.
I use the expression ā€œskis to the slopes, surf boards and gear to the beachā€
Thatā€™s my intention.

We are a small shop about to make a small batch to start.
We plan to start taking orders at some point next week.
We will have a 10 day window to place orders.
Whoeverā€™s orders within that 10 days is guaranteed a first addition, including perks.

We anticipate our price to be around $2800 for the base rack plus accessories and s and h.

We are not competitive with the other brands. Itā€™s an aesthetic thing, an exclusive thing.

Thereā€™s no guarantee of a second batch.

I am happy to say we are about to start taking orders. Iā€™m sad to say thats not a lot of time to save up all that money.

By the way, We will offer deals for those who have a good story or reason to do so. I genuinely want these rack out there for people to enjoy.

Weā€™ve got interested people in Hawaii and Puerto Rico, Canada and all over the US. 12 ā€˜ Surfboarder, a windsurfer with a long mast, SUP boards a contractor with a ladder and small amounts of lumber. Even a guy whoā€™s daughter is a pole vaulter with 14ā€™ poles and dozens of others.
Iā€™m working with them because I see the opportunity for my racks to be in those locations being happily used as intended.

All are welcome to attempt to join that list, but there needs to be a reason besides affordably.

Thanks
Tim.

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi
I believe the pods will fit, the gaps between the rear bar and the mid bar is about 3' the gap between the mid bar and the front over windshield bar is about 6'

I bet the Pod would be happiest grabbing the rear and mid bar....
What's the model of the pod

Thanks
Tim

www.22winty.com
www.instagram.com/22_winty
Hi
I did a quick photoshop pic to see roughly where the pods will place.
As you can see the rear bar is ar the back of the truck. Its near the center of the pod so it hangs out over the back.

The bars that cross the rack are 33" apart and 3" wide. It looks like its claw adapter would grab it.

I dont have a solution for shifting it forward at the moment. You are not the only person to ask this so maybe once we are up and manufacturing we can make an adapter.

Thanks

Thule.jpg

Sponsored

Zeeks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the idea and great execution!

Side question - are those the stock Badlands tires or did you upgrade to larger K02's?

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, so does this work with the Bestop Trektop?
I haeve not tried with the bestop. I did look and they would need to share the same holes so Iā€™m not sure. The Ford soft top attaches on the inner sides of the trunk. I believe the bestop uses the hardtop whole like the 22 winty. The bracket is only 3/16ā€ thick so it may fit under the bestopā€¦. Iā€™m willing to continue to look into it.
Thanks

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the idea and great execution!

Side question - are those the stock Badlands tires or did you upgrade to larger K02's?
They are BFG A/T tire that came on the truck. I've heard dealerships have deals with tire brands
They are great, They are quiet on road which is most important to me.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I skipped to end but it does not appear unless I missed it to be able to open the hatch with this rack on the vehicle. Without that ability I pass

Sponsored
OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I skipped to end but it does not appear unless I missed it to be able to open the hatch with this rack on the vehicle. Without that ability I pass
Thatā€™s unfortunate, but I understand different people have different priorities. Unfortunately thatā€™s the one thing that canā€™t be fixed if you want the convenience of the flip back. If youā€™re willing to take about 1 minut to remove the rear window, that stupidly designed bar will lift. Then it takes about 2 minute to put the window back. Itā€™s the corner pillars that stop it from lifting. You do not need to flip the rack back to remove the rear window. For me opening the hatch isnā€™t that important except if I need something large and when that happens, I remove the window to me oporating the soft top is more important.

Check out Racket and JCR the mount the rack forward so you can open the hatch. But you need to remove the rack to oporate the soft top.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s unfortunate, but I understand different people have different priorities. Unfortunately thatā€™s the one thing that canā€™t be fixed if you want the convenience of the flip back. If youā€™re willing to take about 1 minut to remove the rear window, that stupidly designed bar will lift. Then it takes about 2 minute to put the window back. Itā€™s the corner pillars that stop it from lifting. You do not need to flip the rack back to remove the rear window. For me opening the hatch isnā€™t that important except if I need something large and when that happens, I remove the window to me oporating the soft top is more important.

Check out Racket and JCR the mount the rack forward so you can open the hatch. But you need to remove the rack to oporate the soft top.
I have never removed windows (or doors) but I thought the side windows had to be removed or disconnected prior to rear window removal. For large or long items I lift the hatch and let it sit on whatever is resting on tailgate

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never removed windows (or doors) but I thought the side windows had to be removed or disconnected prior to rear window removal. For large or long items I lift the hatch and let it sit on whatever is resting on tailgate
The side windows donā€™t need to be removed. But there is a sleeved edge? part that runs up the rear pillars that connects them. They can be separated. Itā€™s another not great design, it wonā€™t last lot long but itā€™s what we got from Ford.
I use the top daily especially now Iā€™m in California, I had the side and rear window out for 2 months. (They shrank and were really tough to put in ) Iā€™ve made a neat temporary curtain that sticks to the soft top Velcro and installs in about a minute. It cover the side and rear window opening and keeps rain and dust out. Itā€™s not secure but it block the view in. We plan to sell them when we open up to taking orders.
Itā€™s unfortunate thereā€™s a clash of design. I wish we could maintain all of the functionality of the roof and still have a sleek look.
I donā€™t want to look like Iā€™m on safari driving around suburbs and cities everyday. Thatā€™s the issue for me with GObi and the others.
I had to make certain sacrifices to make other gains.
The rack suits me as perfectly as can be.
But I completely understand some have other needs and priorities.

92E8A994-B01C-4020-A8C6-D5D2AA4BEEF2.jpeg

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is nearly perfect! Like you, I want to carry small gear, attachments like you have, and a kayak with the front bar. All while using the soft top and removing the windows. Now I just have to decide if I want to spend the money. Was hoping for a smaller price point, but understand why given your small size. Excellent design work!
Sponsored