Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy smokes! So after a long few days I wanted to get a write up done.

The trip out to the Texas off-roadeo was awesome! It also doubled as a test of MPG. In the city since owning it i averaged 17.5 on regular. I took the trip out to Texas on regular, and then made the switch to premium and drove back on that, and will then do the next 5/6 fill ups on premium to get a good gauge of city MPG differences. trip out there ran a little over on time as i didnt get the screenshot right away, but 16 hours, 1121.7 miles, 16.1 recorded avg mpg and an average speed of right around 70. That being said a good deal of the trip was in the 80+ speed.

The trip back on premium was 15.5 hours, 1116.9 miles, recorded avg mpg was 16.2 with similar speeds, so no real impact on higher speed road trips, im sure if the average speed was in the 60’s it would have shown a more of a difference, but i have a feeling my city mpg will increase from 17.5 and will update as i can.

Now onto the real journey! The off-roadeo. Wow, just wow. Words can not express how impressed i was with not only the Texas location, but the ability of the bronco. Spent the morning doing a little education on the switches, dials, and buttons, along with the ideal way to do certain items. Then Texas thought it would be great to rain, basically all day, which for sure made for an interesting day. Took a little video of some of the trails we went on and it just doesn’t do it justice. The incline and declines dont translate well on the video but there were plenty of times i was staring at the sky or the ground, and the bronco soaked up every inch of it.

Going in depth with the goat modes and the hero switches, when to use them, when to turn them on and off was really good. I am more than excited to plan an off road adventure knowing just how capable this thing is.

For anyone thinking about going, i would highly recommend it. While talking with some of the staff, rumor has it that they may be opening up the chances to go to more than one off-roadeo location per owner, if thats the case i would love to hit up the Moab one. That’s probably where im going to travel to for my first big outing, but who knows what will happen between now and then. Thanks for whomever reads this! Also attached a video if you want to check it out!
Sponsored

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Moab was great and I would love to visit another location as well.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a soon to be owner (fingers crossed), I really enjoyed your video and feedback! I too am debating my Off-Roadeo location, although Texas has been my focus so far primarily due to geographical distance.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait. 16 hours to Austin? You were flying on the I-10. I have family that lives in Katy and the fastest I have ever made it was 16. I usually average about 18 hours as there is always some traffic/construction/accident along the way.

Glad you enjoyed the Off-Roadeo. I'll be replicating your trip in 2 weeks.

See that you are in St. Augustine like myself. You should join up with the 904JaxBroncos group (coordinated on FB). They have weekly meetups and periodic group trail outings. There is also Florida Trail Stompers (FTS) that plans trail outings. FTS is hosting their 5th anniversary celebration at Ol' Florida on Dec 10th with raffles for prizes. I'll be in Texas at that time.

Hope to see you out and about either on the beach or on the trails.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a great trip and looks fun. I know what you mean on how things never look nearly as steep on camera as real life. It's so weird.

Sponsored

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to ask what your Bronco configuration is. I drove 1100 miles from Iowa to Virginia and averaged over 25 mpg at 70mph +/- with regular gas. I have the 2.3L, and it was a Base (lower resistance tires), but that's a huge differential.

On another note, I know the wide-open spaces of the West are appealing, but I attended the New Hampshire Off-Rodeo event and it was very technical, fun, and yes, a bit spooky at times. When you have your rear-end off the ground look straight down this tree-lined steep decline, it's definitely pucker material. Having said that, I wouldn't mind going to one of the Western ones.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a little over 2300 miles round trip from Kentucky to the Texas location back on Oct 22nd. Two days travel thru Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas on the way down and the way back. Loved the Texas hill country location and all the folks working there. Great people and one of the beautiful parts of this great country. I definitely want to go back and explore more of it again. Would also love the chance to go to one of the other locations, especially Moab, if possible!
I have the 2.7L/10-speed auto, non-sas Badlands and did Eco mode with the cruise control set at 79/80 most of the way. Regular unleaded at each fill up and think I did six or seven fill-ups for the round trip. Also agree with you I learned way more about the capabilities of this rig than I knew before and makes me ready to go explore even more.
And an appropriate song on the radio as I pulled into the driveway and checked my trip log. ;)

Ford Bronco 2200 miles to the Texas Off-Roadeo and back to Florida! 6E4BFDCC-D0E8-497F-BDD4-B045BA97AE99_1_201_a

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We had a blast at the Texas Off-Rodeo Last year on Halloween weekend. Looks like you did most of the same stuff we did. I am sure you did much more than your video showed. We had one rock climb that was INSANE. Short, but you were nearly vertical when you got on the rock. I am sure you did not do it because of the rain. It would have been super slick and too much opportunity for damage to the Broncos. There are so many options for great off-roading there. I would love to do TX again in the rain like you did. I bet it was a bit cooler because of it. We started out cold and then it got warm and nice for the remainder of the day. I would love to go to another one, but would be happy to do TX again. I would love to go when Mike and Amy Clouds have several days off right after so we could go do some other trails nearby with my Bronco and theirs.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to ask what your Bronco configuration is. I drove 1100 miles from Iowa to Virginia and averaged over 25 mpg at 70mph +/- with regular gas. I have the 2.3L, and it was a Base (lower resistance tires), but that's a huge differential.

On another note, I know the wide-open spaces of the West are appealing, but I attended the New Hampshire Off-Rodeo event and it was very technical, fun, and yes, a bit spooky at times. When you have your rear-end off the ground look straight down this tree-lined steep decline, it's definitely pucker material. Having said that, I wouldn't mind going to one of the Western ones.
I have a badlands Sasquatch package on the 35s with a 2.7

Sponsored
OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a blast at the Texas Off-Rodeo Last year on Halloween weekend. Looks like you did most of the same stuff we did. I am sure you did much more than your video showed. We had one rock climb that was INSANE. Short, but you were nearly vertical when you got on the rock. I am sure you did not do it because of the rain. It would have been super slick and too much opportunity for damage to the Broncos. There are so many options for great off-roading there. I would love to do TX again in the rain like you did. I bet it was a bit cooler because of it. We started out cold and then it got warm and nice for the remainder of the day. I would love to go to another one, but would be happy to do TX again. I would love to go when Mike and Amy Clouds have several days off right after so we could go do some other trails nearby with my Bronco and theirs.
Not sure which obstacle in particular that one is but we did a LOT of things I didn’t think we would be able to do with it pouring but the broncos ate them up, looks like they have a high speed course for the Baja mode but we didn’t do it (probably would tear it up being so muddy)

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait. 16 hours to Austin? You were flying on the I-10. I have family that lives in Katy and the fastest I have ever made it was 16. I usually average about 18 hours as there is always some traffic/construction/accident along the way.

Glad you enjoyed the Off-Roadeo. I'll be replicating your trip in 2 weeks.

See that you are in St. Augustine like myself. You should join up with the 904JaxBroncos group (coordinated on FB). They have weekly meetups and periodic group trail outings. There is also Florida Trail Stompers (FTS) that plans trail outings. FTS is hosting their 5th anniversary celebration at Ol' Florida on Dec 10th with raffles for prizes. I'll be in Texas at that time.

Hope to see you out and about either on the beach or on the trails.
I left both locations early in the morning, on the trip out I hit some dead stop traffic for about an hour or would have made better time haha. I think I’m in that Facebook group the 904 jax broncos, have to check out the other one. Have a few things to add to the bronco before I head out to do too much off roading, parts are in just need to take the time to put them on.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure which obstacle in particular that one is but we did a LOT of things I didn’t think we would be able to do with it pouring but the broncos ate them up, looks like they have a high speed course for the Baja mode but we didn’t do it (probably would tear it up being so muddy)
I just looked at my video of others driving on the rock. Not as steep as I remember. Got super steep for a second, then you get up on it and it leveled out. Here is a pic from the video. Crossed a little creek and had to engage both lockers as you got onto this rock. my guess is somewhere between 35 and 45 degrees max. All I saw was sky, so it was definitely wild. So cool though. That creek and the hill climb was no big deal for us, but as I was watched your video, I was thinking to myself, "this should be interesting when wet..." You drove up it like it was dry. The Bronco is so BADASS!

Ford Bronco 2200 miles to the Texas Off-Roadeo and back to Florida! 20221114_105714

TBroncski

Outer Banks
First Name
Tybor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You come to Texas from Florida and get rained on? You must have brought it with you lol

We've had so little rainfall this year it's scary. Glad you had a good time!

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You come to Texas from Florida and get rained on? You must have brought it with you lol

We've had so little rainfall this year it's scary. Glad you had a good time!
I think Florida wanted to make sure I didn’t escape the storm that hit while I was gone 🤣
Sponsored