Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD Jealous of your travels! As a fellow IL resident I am also excited to head west!!
Once you start going it be every vacation, you’ll visit then find more places to visit again. Utah is def one I visit many times as the whole state one big explores paradise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Loving the whole attitude of this post!
I really need to take more pictures as I go on rides, but it's usually one before and I forget until I'm back home.
2DR!
Sometimes it’s hard. Sometimes I don’t take as many as I wished I did. Or I see a spot and I’m like dang should of got a pic. 😂

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m guessing the tread pattern is also perfect for picking up pea sized gravel to the larger nickel sized? I ran Toyo Open County MTs on my wrangler. Never issue with those. So I’m guessing the more AT treads will sling the gravel. That’s something to keep in mind I tire shop.
Yep on the AT tread slinging gravel. For the past 35 years (damn I’m getting old, and I didn’t start counting until several years after I started driving!) I’ve run BFGs, Toyo AT2, now AT3, stock Goodyear AT on Ford and GM trucks and now these Goodyear MT on the Bronco. I had lots of flats just like you posted with the BFG AT KOs on my Ford Ranger and Super Duty, so much so I changed to the Toyos. Same with the cheap stock Goodyears Ford and GM put on their trucks and those never lasted long before I switched out those trucks to BFGs or Toyo. As far as rock slinging the best I’ve had of the previously listed tires are Toyo AT2 followed by BFG AT, cheap Goodyear AT, Toyo AT3, with the Goodyear MT the worst but other than the Toyo AT2 and BFG the last three are all pretty similar. BFGs we’re okay other than the flats I kept getting.

What do you think the issue with the bronco is itself? What are your thoughts on a correction as well. You do make a good point.
I‘m not sure but I do know I’ve probably driven over 100,000 on gravel roads over my life, other than the Bronco the vast majority of these miles were driven in 3/4 pickups, and I’ve never had a vehicle fling rocks in different directions like the Bronco. Maybe it’s big tires on a small vehicle with lots off open space in front and in back of the front tires.

I do think your thought of going to a true MT will help and I’m personally looking at hybrid tires like the Toyo Rugged Terrain or Nitto Ridge Grappler. In early August I’m going to spend a week or two in super rugged terrain in Nevada and the last time I was in the area 20 years ago I ruined a brand new set of KO2s so the Goodyears might need replacing sooner than later.

Anyway, keep having a blast and living life to the fullest. It goes by really really fast!!!

Sponsored

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a lot of fun. You're sure getting your return on investment! Great looking rig and I love the utility that basket offers. Bravo!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, not bs if you've got the 2.3:

Ford Bronco 22k Miles, 9 Months, 6 Out West Trips, One Flat, & Miles of Memories 1657771056646

Snapped that after the avg had come down from about 25.8 on that trip.
Lol I can do that too with my 2.7. Just drove downhill in both directions in FL!
Ford Bronco 22k Miles, 9 Months, 6 Out West Trips, One Flat, & Miles of Memories 8E81C338-BA65-4F9E-A337-1CE6E5A1D168

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
…I really want to do Alaska. I’m waiting till 2025. Hoping to quit my job I’ll have enough money put back to travel good 3-5 years. That’s the in general goal!
I interpret this as only fans content in the bronco.

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's awesome! I'm in Florida in the Tampa area. If you get down here let me know and can meet up. Going to my first Bronco meet this Saturday. Then doing my first big road trip with it end of the month.
Are you talking about the meetup in Brandon,FL? I hope to see many there!

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was not kind to it! I was out in UT for ten days or so. All backcountry trails. Washboards, small ditch and creek crossings. My biggest thing is we camped I needed to get on and out of the rear. I had to unload everything every night the pack it up every morning. That’s my biggest deal. Otherwise it was a champ. My granddad is a welder by trade. I’m going to have him fix it up!
Look for a Kuat swing carrier. They make them for both Driver and passenger sides. I got a pax side and just flipped it upside down so it swings driver. Need it so I can get my dogs in and out of the back. Hitch haul fits right into it no problem.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Learned from the forum not to take doors off over hard surfaces dropped mine just like that in grass no damage, now if I could just learn how to put back on without removing paint that would be nice 👍🙂.p.s jealous of your adventure.
I figured out if you stand between the door and the Bronco, when putting them on, it works much better than on the outside of the door looking down.
Sponsored