AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 24hr Wildtrak Test Drive - Mom Approved B30BFADC-9A3A-490A-A9AB-DBCA7A22597C

Been interested in the bronco since it was unveiled last year but didn’t decide reserve until July. Since then I’ve been debating on whether to convert a MY22 order or to get something else. I’ve test driven 2 Broncos prior to this and enjoyed it but 1 local dealer has (as of 2 days ago) a 76 person waitlist for a 24hr test drive. I got on in late august at #36 and over the weekend got a call I was up.

I took this rapid red (I think) wild track and drove straight to the beach in central FL. Here you can drive on the beach which is essentially a trump supporter car show. The attention you get driving them right now is insane. People flagging me down driving, taking pictures and just hearing the excitement from the enthusiasts was quite infectious.

I owned a 2001 wrangler out of high school as my second car and enjoyed it. Have been interested a new wrangler/gladiator. But after having the bronco for 24 hr I’m pretty much sold. It feels very similar to my grandfather‘s 20’ Ranger but with a softer suspension which, compared to the gladiator, feels way better on the road. Plenty of power for these crazy FL drivers and merging/ lane changing on the interstate was a breeze.

Florida is as flat as a pancake so nothing really challenge the capability other than one dune I found with a decent incline and a light trail that in, 2H the bronco on 35s ate for breakfast before I had to turn her in.

Ford Bronco 24hr Wildtrak Test Drive - Mom Approved 78F24E85-CA82-4F9C-B8DD-8E7C7D5C3695

Pros:

1. If you like attention ( I admittedly love the spotlight) this car as of 10/7/21 gives you that, I felt taller, more attractive, and more adventurous ever time I donned the wheel

2. Peppy: 2.7 hauls that hefty steed with enthusiasm. Turbo lag is of course a thing but I wouldn’t buy this thing to speed. Not my thing

3. Sex appeal: Its sexy with its balance of retro appeal with modern convenience. This red wasn’t on my radar but it looks so good in person I’d considering ordering mine in this same hue.

4. Tech: 12 inch screen is beautiful and wireless CarPlay makes it particularly anoying driving a 2008 daily driver

5. Fun Factor: I’m not a car enthusiast, but into lifestyle vehicles as I enjoy the outdoors.

Cons

Sound: I’m not sure if my test vehicle had the BO upgraded system but the sound was awful. Especially considering my 08 Honda system sounds far better and I paid 9K for it as opposed to 60K.

interior: Compared to the new Jeep’s I looked at not as nice inside. Bronco materials are noticeably cheap feeling with mostly hard plastic throughout. Not the premium feel I expected in this Land Rover pricepoint. Thought I like the utilitarian vibe.

Soft Top: Doing 80mph is noisy but that’s like sayin driving a Harley has a lot of wind noise. No S#$§3! but Honestly the convenience of Being able to pull the top forward (especially in Florida when it can start pouring out of nowhere). I honestly would select this even though I initially reserved a hardtop, MIC top problems aside. But the soft top was squeaky hitting bumps. Not overly annoying but noticeable when I wasn‘t blaring Van Halen with the salt air caressing my face.

I don’t have one: I had so much fun I debated leaving my 2 houses, friends, and family. Then re-learning Spanish and driving it to Mexico and never returning.

Conclusion: Having an extended demo of the bronco has swayed me back to converting my order. My main hang up is the mpg. I undestand it’s a hulking block of a vehicle on big off-road tires, but a hybrid version would be ideal for me. Regardless, the fun I had over the weekend has reignited my bronco fire to the extent that I may not be able wait for a more conservative drivetrain.
Ford Bronco 24hr Wildtrak Test Drive - Mom Approved 0662F5F9-1D5B-4754-B74C-EB8FC9608517

Mom looks tinier than ever…

Ford Bronco 24hr Wildtrak Test Drive - Mom Approved ACA8A680-716D-4D20-9440-6F0BBD1C1CA2
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great writeup. Glad you had some quality time in the saddle.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good chance it was not a B&O system. The base stereo is pretty lackluster and wouldn't be hard for your Accord to be better, but like anything else, there is aftermarket at least. Pretty much the only reason I am going Lux vs High is the B&O, considered upgrading it myself but I don't feel like hacking up a new vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good chance it was not a B&O system. The base stereo is pretty lackluster and wouldn't be hard for your Accord to be better, but like anything else, there is aftermarket at least. Pretty much the only reason I am going Lux vs High is the B&O, considered upgrading it myself but I don't feel like hacking up a new vehicle.
i hoped
I was hoping it wasn’t. Was straining to come up with cons, but my B&O laptop speakers sound better. Lack of crossbar may be part of it though, 2nd set of speakers are far away but it’s worth it for unobstructed open air.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Sweetooth710 You should be able to look on the dealer website for the VIN in inventory. From there, you can check the options and see if it was High or Lux package with B&O stereo. I'm actually very curious based on your review.

EDIT: It will probably just say on the dealer website without looking anything up.

Last edited:

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Sweetooth710 You should be able to look on the dealer website for the VIN in inventory. From there, you can check the options and see if it was High or Lux package with B&O stereo. I'm actually very curious based on your review.

EDIT: It will probably just say on the dealer website without looking anything up.
I think this is it:

https://mullinaxfordfl.com/sale/for...l/2021-ford-bronco-wildtrak-1fmee5dp4mla62772

If so, then no not the B&O - this model only has the 8" screen.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell yeah! These things are perfect for Central Florida for that exact reason of convenience (hot and sunny 1 minute, total downpour the next).

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Sweetooth710 how was it in the deeper sand? Looks like you dug in nicely in that pic. Curious to know what you thought. Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, wasn't sure which dealer it was to lookup. Also, the description for this on the site made me laugh. Must have a robot that removes the tops...

Ford Bronco 24hr Wildtrak Test Drive - Mom Approved 1634045877067
That is it! I swear it had a 12” screen as it looked large to me. But if the other information is accurate are then you guys were right, no B&O.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t really expect a Land Rover interior from an optioned up $30k vehicle.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Sweetooth710 how was it in the deeper sand? Looks like you dug in nicely in that pic. Curious to know what you thought. Thanks for posting!
No worries!

The incline was steeper than the pictures show. Didn’t use the goat modes here (I believe it had sand, mud/ruts, and Baja as far a off-road options) I just locked the rear and shifted to 4L. From a stop I got dug in on the first attempt with a slow approach. I then backed up and got a little more momentum and got up no problem.

If I was back in Seattle would’ve tested the off-road prowess more, but if I convert to order, a cross country trip or two will be in order to put it through its paces proper.
Sponsored