OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got another email encouraging me to attend this event, which I paid for months ago. My response:

Given the latest allocation information, and now knowing that those of us with an early reservation may have to wait ANOTHER year for our Bronco, how can you still be pushing this? We may not get our $200 (or is it $250) rebate for another year or longer after the event, and by then, many of us will have abandoned the Bronco altogether and bought something else. I've had a reservation for over a year, but I'm going to start shopping around for something else today. If I find out that I'm not in my dealership's allocation for MY22, I guess I'm SOL on my rebate. The ethical thing to do would be either not charge people that money upfront since many of them are not going to follow through with their purchase, and will not be receiving that money.

My excitement over this event is waning fast.
I guess since I don't need a Bronco in my driveway, my attitude is when it gets here, it gets here.
The Off Roadeo event is a hell of a deal, Where else can you get a days worth of seat time, two meals, some swag, etc. for $200ish? I'm paying more than twice that to just rent a SXS in St. George for a day.

I guess if you need a new 4X4, you're forced to buy something else. I've been on the receiving end of a couple new vehicle releases, and they've both had issues like this one. My attitude from the beginning is it could be later, or even later, til mine arrives, so I'm just enjoying the little things until mine arrives.
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess since I don't need a Bronco in my driveway, my attitude is when it gets here, it gets here.
The Off Roadeo event is a hell of a deal, Where else can you get a days worth of seat time, two meals, some swag, etc. for $200ish? I'm paying more than twice that to just rent a SXS in St. George for a day.

I guess if you need a new 4X4, you're forced to buy something else. I've been on the receiving end of a couple new vehicle releases, and they've both had issues like this one. My attitude from the beginning is it could be later, or even later, til mine arrives, so I'm just enjoying the little things until mine arrives.
I don't need one either. My current car is paid for and it only has 10,000 miles on the engine. And I can always buy something else if I really want a 4x4. I hear Granger has a great deal on Jeeps right now.

This isn't about needing one. It's about the fact that I prepaid more than $700 for an event over a vehicle that Ford has soured me on. And if I cancel now, I have to pay a $150 cancellation fee. And I'm supposed to get $450 dollars of that $700 back, split between after I attend the event and after I complete the Bronco purchase. So if I cancel, am I out $700? I don't know.

I feel like I was tricked into signing up for this thing. If I had known all the facts ahead of time - that I would be waiting another year or two for my Bronco - I would have put that money toward a downpayment on something else.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't about needing one. It's about the fact that I prepaid more than $700 for an event over a vehicle that Ford has soured me on. And if I cancel now, I have to pay a $150 cancellation fee. And I'm supposed to get $450 dollars of that $700 back, split between after I attend the event and after I complete the Bronco purchase. So if I cancel, am I out $700? I don't know.
So here's what I'll tell you about the OffRoadeo in Moab. It's an amazing time. The people are fantastic and you get to drive a Bronco all day on a real trail with real terrain, and experience the vehicle in actual settings. You get some swag, a lite lunch, tasty dinner, and a full day of fun. I'm not sure about the refund timing when using the voucher on the guest fee, but when used in the gift shop, they now are immediately providing the credit against your purchase.

I'd say go, enjoy yourself, and if you decide not to purchase a vehicle, you're out the $200 and registration fee. You'll get more than that in fun/hour while you are there.

Reactions: sjp

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone determined if the voucher can be used for merchandise if someone doesn't bring a guest? I know there were a bunch of issues with that when Austin first opened up and I hadn't seen any updates. The e-mail from Ford says it can, so hoping it turned out to be a reimbursement scenario because that would be encouraging.
In My experience they did not honor the $250 for merchandise. I follow up with Ford and the Off-Roadeo, they both pointed fingers at the other guy and never follow up.
I emailed bronco Off/Rodeo after going about using the $250 for merchandise since I didn’t bring a guest and got a “we’re not doing that” response. BUT
This week I received a follow up email with the option to send them a purchase order for the items I want.
Ford Bronco $250 Voucher for Bronco Off-Rodeo 6BC0913F-C720-42D2-8A21-BC18C8EE8672

t_bucket

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I emailed bronco Off/Rodeo after going about using the $250 for merchandise since I didn’t bring a guest and got a “we’re not doing that” response. BUT
This week I received a follow up email with the option to send them a purchase order for the items I want.
6BC0913F-C720-42D2-8A21-BC18C8EE8672.jpeg
yes I should update. After about a dozen emails they sent me an order sheet and I ordered some T-shirt’s and yeti cups front their form. So far I have receive half of the stuff and pending shipment of the other half.

Last edited:

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes I should update. After about a dozen emails they sent me an order sheet and I ordered some T-shirt’s and yeti cups front their form. So far I have receive half of the stuff and pending shipment of the other half.
The fellow at registration on Thursday did say that they were changing the process and allowing use of the voucher credit for online ordering. I think they were still working out some details.

They also did update the policy on charging for merch and then refunding. They gave me the full $250 up front, as others have recently noted. (y)
Sponsored