First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was waiting for my Bronco, i really appreciated the reviews, so figured I'd offer a more comprehensive one:

So after breaking in my new Bronco, we had 3 trips planned and took advantage of putting some miles on it. Here's my honest pro/con list-

Pro's:
The ride. It's SO much (Light Years) better than i anticipated both cruising around town and at highway speeds. Ford flat out nailed this aspect.
The steering. Same as above, it drives incredibly precise, and it's a joy to wheel around. (My other car is a 911, not a flex but if i like my Ford's steering that much, it is probably pretty great)
The MGV seats. They are the most comfortable seats i've ever had in any vehicle.
The soft top (TOP DOWN ONLY). Man, it's really fun to drive with the top down. It's also VERY easy to operate once you figure it out.
The Electronics. Very intuitive, the giant screen looks great and everything was so easy to learn quickly.
Dog Friendly. My 1.5 year old Golden Retriever and 14 year old beagle fit nicely, and no they don't mark up the seats. (and no carpet makes it so easy to clean dog hair)
The 2.3L Engine. This one surprised me, as i really regretted not getting the 2.7 as i got closer to delivery. I'm really impressed with the power, and mated to the 10 speed transmission makes it fun to drive. I haven't lacked for power.
Off Road. I've hit some moderate trails, nowhere near tested its chops but man is this thing fun to wheel.
The Paint. I've seen some horror stories, but my Oxford White paint job was very well done. I clay barred/sealed when i got it and it is a first class paint job
The "Fun Factor"- It's truly just an enjoyable vehicle, and people flock to you to ask you about it. I'm sure this will slow down as more are released, but the amount of thumbs ups, conversations and people oogling is fun. It's just fun to get in and take out.
Cameras. They are AMAZING. The front camera is just flat out cool, and the top down view helps a lot.

The could be better:
Stereo sound (high package) is OK but feel like they could have made a better sounding system. Not horrible, not inspiring
Wind noise at highway speeds isn't awful, and the integrated phone does a fantastic job of compensating for the noise but it's louder than i anticipated.
Panel fit. It's a first run, but some of the panels (especially around the tail lights) seem like they don't have the greatest fit. I can get over this because it's an SUV, but they can and should do better.

The Cons:
MPG at highway speeds is not great. You certainly get penalized as your speed climbs. (Shouldn't really be a surprise, because it's as aerodynamic as a loaf of bread, but it was a bit shocking)
Fuel tank. Given the above, it should have a couple more gallons in there. We have a 4 hour drive to our place in Northern MI, and i can JUST get there. My wife has a Navigator, and we get there in about 3/4 of a tank.
The Soft Top (TOP UP ONLY). I just don't love the way it looks. Functionally, it works fine, but i don't like the boxiness and the wavy windows in the back. But man, I LOVE it with the top down. I'm sure a hard top will be my winter go to.
Ford Bronco 2500 miles review in my Badlands/Sasquatch/High/2.3/Tow bronco2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious what your MPG figure is?

OP
OP
hauspwr

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious what your MPG figure is?
Normal driving I'm getting 18-20, but when I'm at fast highway speeds (80+) it drops more significantly than I imagined. 12-14.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew this was going to be bad on gas, but man that's horrible at freeway speeds. Coming from a diesel Jetta and gassing up every 2 weeks, this is gonna be a shock.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hauspwr

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew this was going to be bad on gas, but man that's horrible at freeway speeds. Coming from a diesel Jetta and gassing up every 2 weeks, this is gonna be a shock.
Well, it's really NOT bad until you really start moving... At 75, it's exactly what i expected but at 85, I was looking for the anchor that was attached to the recovery hook!

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Normal driving I'm getting 18-20, but when I'm at fast highway speeds (80+) it drops more significantly than I imagined. 12-14.
Wow. That is a pretty big hit!

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it's really NOT bad until you really start moving... At 75, it's exactly what i expected but at 85, I was looking for the anchor that was attached to the recovery hook!
Thanks, apparently I read that for shit. I don't go over 80 much, unless I'm angry at a Karen. I think doing any serious off roading for a day would definitely require a spare gas can though. Probably not all that abnormal.

OP
OP
hauspwr

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update- 4k in (I still absolutely love this vehicle) and at fast highway speeds, I'm averaging 16.2MPG. (over 80MPH). I've realized using the cruise control seems to help, also it's broken in.

Reactions: abe

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The title said tow. I didn’t read about tow. I have a 6x12 cargo trailer camper that I’m converting. I’ve convinced myself I need the 2.7, and I’m probably right.

OP
OP
hauspwr

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The title said tow. I didn’t read about tow. I have a 6x12 cargo trailer camper that I’m converting. I’ve convinced myself I need the 2.7, and I’m probably right.
Not sure how much that trailer weighs, but i trailered my 850LB jet ski four hours north and it was like it wasn't even there.
Sponsored