Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger not sure it’s been asked. In the past if someone changed trims they lost price protection. Did Ford explicitly say this is no longer the case for switches that are not “Wildtrak to badlands/outer banks/big bend”? Seems other trim swaps might risk voiding PP.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved in 2020. You would've gotten your Bronco long ago if you hadn't tried to game the system. Sorry. Opinions differ, I guess.
Not opinions. Facts.
When I called every dealer in the area in 2020 not a one of them would commit to pricing. Ford was telling us to lock in pricing agreements. I chose to lock in with a dealer 2 hours away from me.
Ford knew exactly how many reservations each dealer had and made no efforts to restrict them. You had to specifically call Ford Marketing to change dealers.
Ford complimented Granger for the Grangetober promotion at a fall 2020 dealer meeting for their efforts in growing sales.
None of that reads like "gaming the system."
Ford changed the rules after the game started.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not really. You don't keep your timestamp or place in line after 2023, so why does their future allocation matter to you?
That is my point, if you know you are going to be pushed to 2024 because you want a constrained item, AND the allocation debits might block you from getting a Bronco from Grainger in the future, you might be inclined to drop the constraints and try for a 2023. Reordering at Grainger in 2024 when they have exhausted their allocation in 2023 might not get you anything.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is my point, if you know you are going to be pushed to 2024 because you want a constrained item, AND the allocation debits might block you from getting a Bronco from Grainger in the future, you might be inclined to drop the constraints and try for a 2023. Reordering at Grainger in 2024 when they have exhausted their allocation in 2023 might not get you anything.
Ah, I get what you're saying. It sounds like you don't have any confidence in other dealers offering fair prices - in writing - in 2024. I don't blame you - my local dealer has a bunch of Broncos on their lot with the used ones priced $10K-$15K above sticker and the new ones at $20K-$25K over sticker. Why I went with Granger...

I wasn't even thinking that far ahead. I just really want everyone to get theirs this year, I guess.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure on exact numbers, but I know that the order banks shrank significantly going from outstanding 2022 to orders that were placed in 2023 and have gone through the COVP process.
Zach, thanks again for understanding how to properly treat customers.

Sponsored

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is correct. Yes.
@Zach@Granger would you lose your price protection if you change trims like this?

I have a BB SAS on order. If I drop the SAS and MIC I might want to change trims to BD or Badlands but I’m curious about the price protection. Thanks!

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine not having anything better to do on a Friday night, except trolling a thread that doesn’t concern you in the slightest. Just my opinion of course, but it’s the right one and you know it.
✌

Last edited:

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Zach@Granger, thanks very much for all the hard work from you and your team. Fantastic job as always.

All my fellow Granger customers, good luck with your builds and please don't feed the trolls!

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fully blame Ford for not reigning in dealers and ADM, but I do not blame Ford for not sending all of their Broncos to BFE.
ah… so you do understand it a tiny bit. Good for you, glad you stopped in tonight. Go enjoy yourself, life is short my friend.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my schedule to build from Granger the day before I got the Ford email today. Talk about threading the needle! Been waiting 902 days now and so glad it's going to come to an end soon ish. @Zach@Granger is the June time frame a good estimate for a March 6 build date as well, or sooner?

Sponsored

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger being in the top 15ish with all 3 sins should we just change.. or keep our fingers crossed? biggest thing is a hard top :( Softtops + snow not fun....

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger would you lose your price protection if you change trims like this?

I have a BB SAS on order. If I drop the SAS and MIC I might want to. Hangs trims, but I’m curious about the price protection. Thanks!
You should be good you could easily jump to outer banks or Badlands and still probably save money over your current order. Money saved by those 2 options + $2500 will be huge. Might be able to slip into a High package with the 12" screen/camera for even money.

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Zach@Granger being in the top 15ish with all 3 sins should we just change.. or keep our fingers crossed? biggest thing is a hard top :( Softtops + snow not fun....
I'm 20ish in line with 2 sins (MIC/SAS) and emailed Samantha today with the same question. Unfortunately she could not advise me one way or the other except to wait until March 7 gets a little closer. I guess it just depends on how many commodity restrained Broncos Ford decides to allocate to Granger this month and how many people who take the deal will jump the line in front of us. Personally, I'll ride this ship to a watery grave before I give up MIC and SAS. Then I'll walk away from Ford forever. May the schwartz be with you!

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And then people tried to game the system. You really thought Ford would send 1,000 Broncos to Granger, IA and its 1,800 residents, while ignoring everywhere else? Give me a break. If people hadn't tried to game the system, this wouldn't have happened.

I fully blame Ford for not reigning in dealers and ADM, but I do not blame Ford for not sending all of their Broncos to BFE.
How is a car buyer supposed to know how Ford allocates production? The dealers weren't totally clear on it, and it changed each year. Ford said be sure to negotiate the price with your dealer. Many of us reserved with a dealer who was willing to do that and be transparent. Then they said we reserved with the wrong dealer. Now they are saying we ordered the wrong Bronco, LOL!

Many of us may not get Broncos in this round. That is what it is. But it's a little ridiculous to say we were trying to game a system the rules of which we were not privy to.

Last edited:

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on everything that has transpired, I believe my outcome will be one of the following:

1. I'm going to get a great deal on a nicely loaded Badlands or

2. I ain't gettin a Bronco in 2023.

My fate rests with the universe.
Sponsored