Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Zach@Granger , if I recall correctly, the roof racks if ordered need to be installed by the dealer. I’d be more than happy for you to leave it in the vehicle and I’ll install it later. Not sure how much I’ll use it now that I have the Sport anyways. That should save you some time hopefully. I know it’s not much, but every bit we can help, I’m sure others will too.
Sponsored

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I wasnt an early reservation, I can’t fully relate to how the “change your order or get cancelled” situation feels for many of you, but I still encourage you to stand firm on what you really want until the last minute to still get the credit.

It seems like the big backlog dealers scheduled A TON of ppl. Last week. In previous years, a list of 400 waiting may have meant years, but if they're scheduling 20-30 per week with a couple weeks of even bigger action (like last week), I bet just about everyone on here would be scheduled with no changes.

Maybe Im wrong and last weeks action was an exception, but theres no reason to assume the worst and make changes you may regret just yet. See how things shake out the next month and just have a plan ready.

I’m an optimistic person, but I bet the constraint email probably shook enough non-enthusiasts into changing that everyone here is already good.

TL;DR: Hold the line. Theres an increasingly good chance you’ll get exactly what you want by doing nothing.

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I wasnt an early reservation, I can’t fully relate to how the “change your order or get cancelled” situation feels for many of you, but I still encourage you to stand firm on what you really want until the last minute to still get the credit.

It seems like the big backlog dealers scheduled A TON of ppl. Last week. In previous years, a list of 400 waiting may have meant years, but if they're scheduling 20-30 per week with a couple weeks of even bigger action (like last week), I bet just about everyone on here would be scheduled with no changes.

Maybe Im wrong snd last weeks action was an exception, but theres no reason to assume the worst and make changes you may regret just yet. See how things shake out the next month and just have a plan ready.

I’m an optimistic person, but I bet the constraint email probably shook enough non-enthusiasts into changing that everyone here is already good.

TL;DR: Hold the line. Theres an increasingly good chance you’ll get exactly what you want by doing nothing.
Agree, that was the whole purpose of the offer was to get enough to change to be able to schedule as many builds as possible. I think Ford was at the end of line with the remaining builds and didn’t have parts to schedule them all prior to MY23 bank’s opening. If you looked at the numbers the constraints weren’t that far out of balance, they just needed some to move. Would be good if constraint mix was posted in the next few weeks so everyone would have a better idea before making a change prior to 3/7. There may be many that change the week prior if no news in the next few weeks.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick plug for anyone like me who recently got scheduled and can finally start feeling more comfortable about mod purchases.
@GoatFab is currently offering 23% off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever, but some of their stuff looks really nice.
Grabbing some pinch seam plates on the cheap for now with an eye on sliders eventually.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For out of state Granger buyers do they take care of one’s state taxes or can we choose to do that on our own? Anyone do a trade in vehicle to them while purchasing your Bronco? If yes, how did that go or compare?
I also would love to know how they're on trade ins. I'll be doing that in a few months when mine come in!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thats crazy they audited your purchase. At least they only asked for additional paperwork and not additional $$$.
When I brought mine home and registered it I got audited as well. Then I had to send them more money. IIRC I had to write them a check for an additional $40 bucks lol. Like I couldn't believe they went through the trouble for such a small amount.

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Zach@Granger Everyone check, check, check your price protection! I ordered in October 2021 from Granger which means I qualify for price protection Column B. My price protection is nowhere to be found in Smart Vincent. Granger told me to call Ford, I talked to multiple reps and they couldn't find it. Ford told me to talk to Granger, they can't find it. Granger is asking for a $500 Non-Refundable Deposit ASAP. I am fine paying the deposit if I get my price protection that I am entitled to. I asked Granger if I can pay the $500 deposit and if my price protection never gets resolved get a refund and give up on the Bronco. They said NO, it's non-refundable no matter what the circumstances are. The sad thing is I gave up a 2022 Bronco from my shady local dealer (Bob Rohrman in Schaumburg, IL) because they were trying to charge me $3000 for a Lo-Jack device and paint protection that they "already installed" (they lied). I eventually got them to remove it, but once they lowballed me on my trade-in, I said screw it, I'll wait a few years on the Granger list and drive the 350 miles to Granger because they have everything together. Granger was great, up until this point. They are doing little to nothing to get my price protection sorted out and basically forcing me to do a $500 gamble on whether I get the $2800 in price protection or not. If I don't get the price protection that I am entitled to, it will end up costing me more than it would have at my shady local dealer, even with Granger's $1000 under invoice. Is anyone else on here in a similar situation? My next steps are to contact the Attorney General and/or the FTC if this can't get sorted. I suggest you do the same thing if you are in my situation.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger Everyone check, check, check your price protection! I ordered in October 2021 from Granger which means I qualify for price protection Column B. My price protection is nowhere to be found in Smart Vincent. Granger told me to call Ford, I talked to multiple reps and they couldn't find it. Ford told me to talk to Granger, they can't find it. Granger is asking for a $500 Non-Refundable Deposit ASAP. I am fine paying the deposit if I get my price protection that I am entitled to. I asked Granger if I can pay the $500 deposit and if my price protection never gets resolved get a refund and give up on the Bronco. They said NO, it's non-refundable no matter what the circumstances are. The sad thing is I gave up a 2022 Bronco from a local dealer (Bob Rohrman in Schaumburg, IL) because they were trying to charge me $3000 for a Lo-Jack device and paint protection that they "already installed". I eventually got them to remove it, but once they lowballed me on my trade-in, I said screw it I'll wait a few years and drive the 350 miles to Granger because they have everything together. Granger was great, up until this point. They are doing very little to get my price protection sorted out and basically forcing me to do a $500 gamble on whether I get the $2800 in price protection or not. If I don't get the price protection that I am entitled to, it will end up costing me more than it would have at my shady local dealer, even with Granger's $1000 under invoice. Is anyone else on here in a similar situation. My next steps are to contact the Attorney General and/or the FTC.
For whatever reason, Ford has decided to make it harder on themselves by issuing these certs that expire every quarter. The dealer needs to request an extension with their dealer rep and advocate on your behalf. You calling Ford customer service/marketing will not yield an extension. In the case of Granger, they will have a lot of work to do as there will be many that have the certificates expired that they will then have to request an extension for each buyer.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For whatever reason, Ford has decided to make it harder on themselves by issuing these certs that expire every quarter. The dealer needs to request an extension with their dealer rep and advocate on your behalf. You calling Ford customer service/marketing will not yield an extension. In the case of Granger, they will have a lot of work to do as there will be many that have the certificates expired that they will then have to request an extension for each buyer.
The extension thing is a little confusing. Ford customer rep said that dealer needs to do it. I've asked Samantha about it last week. She had no idea what I was talking about. But, I've also found mention of the ceres expiring quarterly, and Ford are the ones that are renewing them. They last expired on 1/3.

Sponsored

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What a disaster!

I said to Granger that I am very limited on who I can contact and it shouldn't be my job to fix this. Whether it is Granger's fault or more likely Ford's fault, Granger should be putting in the work to go through whatever channels they need to to make things right.

Their response:
"Ford's favorite game to play is to tell customers and dealerships that incentives are at 'Dealer Discretion.' When in reality, we have to follow all of Ford's rules, and we cannot apply an incentive that Ford tells us we can't. If one is not present, we cannot apply it.

We cannot pull incentives without a VIN, and even with a VIN it doesn't always populate before the vehicle arrives. It can take until the vehicle is here. It will not be accurate, because all incentives are VIN specific with certificate numbers.

It is Ford's price protection incentive, not Granger Motors."

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The extension thing is a little confusing. Ford customer rep said that dealer needs to do it. I've asked Samantha about it last week. She had no idea what I was talking about. But, I've also found mention of the ceres expiring quarterly, and Ford are the ones that are renewing them. They last expired on 1/3.
I'm not going to fault Granger (Samantha or Zach) on this issue as it is new for MY'23. This is all on Ford. They have made it harder than it needs to be. Ford has been inconsistent <surprise> in that some are automatically renewed a few days later and others need to have the extension requested. In which case, the dealer needs to advocate on the buyer's behalf to have the extension.

Now, buyer's can be proactive in calling into customer service to inquire on their PP amount. It is hit/miss on which representatives are reached and how much they divulge. Some will say contact your dealer. Others give a peak behind the curtain. And others yank the curtain completely open. Keep calling and try to use the magic prompts in requesting the Marketing department.

If a buyer learns that the certificate is not in SMARTVincent, then they can escalate the issue with Zach/Samantha for them to advocate on your behalf.

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rep i talked to said even though its expired the dealer should still honor it and be able to process the PP i had them email a copy of my cert for PP

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is the people I have spoken to this week from Granger (Samantha & Carley) are not advocating for me. They extended my deposit until Friday, but they are saying it's all on me and Ford and that they don't make any promises.

I'm not crazy right? If I placed my initial order in October 2021, I qualify for Column B price protection? I've read Ford's FAQs like 1000 times, but I just want to make sure there is no catch.
You are right on the amount. Only the early orders get the column A.

I can't advise on how Granger is handling it. You, on your own, can not have Ford extend the certificate. My advice is pay the deposit. You still have plenty of weeks before your scheduled build week to push the PP issue.

Nighthawk37

Base
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are right on the amount. Only the early orders get the column A.

I can't advise on how Granger is handling it. You, on your own, can not have Ford extend the certificate. My advice is pay the deposit. You still have plenty of weeks before your scheduled build week to push the PP issue.
My build isn't until April 10th, so you're right, there is plenty of time. My plan is to do everything I can do leading up to my deposit due date to get this sorted. Maybe a Tweet or ten to Mike Levine will help. Once that inevitably doesn't work, I will pay my deposit while simultaneously filing the complaints to the FTC & Attorney General. I have gotten screwed far too many times in the past and the few times I've contacted the FTC the issue has always gotten resolved.
Sponsored