Cmoyercpa

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took delivery last week. Had 255/85/16 tires installed today on stock steel wheels. I’ll post a couple other pics soon, dismal day here.

Definitely drives different, actually better. The stock Base tires, 2.3L manual (which I love by the way) was a little choppy. First through third seemed rushed. The bigger tires are definitely slower, but a little smoother. That being said, for me, it is by no means under powered.

At 271 miles my average mpg was 19.6. I can update this post once I have more miles on the bigger tires.

i‘m going to live with these rims for awhile, I will likely keep these and powder coat white.

I had some noise coming from the top the other morning, it was below freezing, but once the cabin heated up, the noise stopped. I’m guessing with more miles that won’t be limited to freezing mornings.

I bought from Romeo Ford in Kingston, NY, at MSRP, no BS additional cost. The whole transaction was smooth. They offered to buy it from me at $10K more than my purchase price, I obviously turned it down.

Sorry, but had to slip in a picture of my other vehicle,, ‘86 4Runner.

072B17DD-6C2A-4493-A8A4-EF306BEB2623.jpeg

897924B4-AE3E-45BA-A833-BDCE0AB2F50B.jpeg
Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery last week. Had 255/85/16 tires installed today on stock steel wheels. I’ll post a couple other pics soon, dismal day here.

Definitely drives different, actually better. The stock Base tires, 2.3L manual (which I love by the way) was a little choppy. First through third seemed rushed. The bigger tires are definitely slower, but a little smoother. That being said, for me, it is by no means under powered.

At 271 miles my average mpg was 19.6. I can update this post once I have more miles on the bigger tires.

i‘m going to live with these rims for awhile, I will likely keep these and powder coat white.

I had some noise coming from the top the other morning, it was below freezing, but once the cabin heated up, the noise stopped. I’m guessing with more miles that won’t be limited to freezing mornings.

I bought from Romeo Ford in Kingston, NY, at MSRP, no BS additional cost. The whole transaction was smooth. They offered to buy it from me at $10K more than my purchase price, I obviously turned it down.

Ford Bronco 255/85/16 tires (33”) on AMB Base stock rims 897924B4-AE3E-45BA-A833-BDCE0AB2F50B

Ford Bronco 255/85/16 tires (33”) on AMB Base stock rims 897924B4-AE3E-45BA-A833-BDCE0AB2F50B
Looks great. I put 275/75r16 on mine. Next time I will go with the 255/85.

TKFIVE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! I had an 86 4Runner in college. I never really pushed it too hard offroad, but it certainly climbed like a goat for anything I pointed it at.

Did you have your speedo recalibrated for the tire diameter change?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cmoyercpa

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome! I had an 86 4Runner in college. I never really pushed it too hard offroad, but it certainly climbed like a goat for anything I pointed it at.

Did you have your speedo recalibrated for the tire diameter change?
I did not have it recalibrated. I have an appointment in a week at the dealer to get a hitch, I’ll see what they can do then

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same noise when starting my 2.3 Base. It’s a loud idle. Once it warms up it goes back to normal. I took it to the dealer and they said it fine no codes are showing. Some other people on the forum noticed the same thing with the 2.3.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice. If I had gone Base this is the size I would have gone with I went BB so I will do 255/80x17 which has the same overall dimension. I like the skinnier tires (back in the day we would have called these 10 inchers flotation tires). Narrower overall vehicle width for the trail and garage, less rock throwing and chainable for the win!! I have the Coopers on other vehicles, like them, I'm thinking of Toyos or Falkens.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for sharing this photo with the Cooper tires. I have a 2 dr base on order and have been weighing options for larger but reasonably sized tires. Was leaning toward 265/75r16 but they look a bit smaller than I’d like. Don’t want to get something that looks nice but only from the *right* angle. Also like the idea of a narrower “pizza cutter” tire. However, as you know, the tread options are far greater in the 265/75 size than 255/85. Living in Michigan, M/T aren’t a great option due to their poor performance on winter slick roads. The Coopers look like the sole winter-friendly option in the 255/85r16 size. But they are pricier. Currently weighing whether the looks and ground clearance (1/2” more for 255/85 vs 265/75) justify the price. After watching the recent off-road review of a stock black diamond in Sedona, it seems like that extra 1/2” is going to be important.

Do you have any additional photos of your rig that you can post? Would love to see the 255/85s from a few other angles. And, any experience yet with light/moderate off roading?

Last edited:

Brizzo1432

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer ss
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did the tires fit fine? Any rubbing or modifications?

897924B4-AE3E-45BA-A833-BDCE0AB2F50B.jpeg
Sponsored